LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by mac707g:
Originally posted by valrod33:

you dont know that Crabtrees camp hasnt responded, hell we just found out the other day that we sent the letter last week requesting a sit down.

Yes we do. MM and Barrows have said as recently as yesterday that the Niners haven't heard anything back from $$$tree's side.

valrod33 knows this.... he simply enjoys being a thorn in folks posts

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is Mike Sando's take on the meeting that was offered by Niners:

Mike, ESPN reported yesterday that the 49ers want to have a face to face with Crabtree. Will he man up and sit down to talk or so you really think he will sit out, i dont see how he can possibly improve his situation by taking the year off.
Mike Sando
(12:36 PM)

"Manning up" really isn't part of any feasible negotiating strategy. I think the 49ers were posturing in an effort to put pressure on Crabtree. I'd be shocked if Crabtree's agent agreed to such a meeting.
  • dman
  • Veteran

you dont know that Crabtrees camp hasnt responded, hell we just found out the other day that we sent the letter last week requesting a sit down.

Yes we do. MM and Barrows have said as recently as yesterday that the Niners haven't heard anything back from $$$tree's side.

Ive noticed that too ...

and here clearly playing the clown.
Crabtree will sign he will be a niner for the next 4-5 years he will score many TDs for us

I am happy for you!

Yea, good luck with that!

Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Crabtree will sign he will be a 9 for the next 4-5 years he will score many TDs for us

Crabtree will sign he will be a 9 for the next 4-5 years he will score many TDs for us

I wish I was optimistic as you guys, I would get over being pissed at Crabtree over time if he signed in the very near future, but I have yet to see any positive signals that he will come to senses and come play for us and sign on the dotted line
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Not sure if this has been posted, but this is Mike Sando's take on the meeting that was offered by Niners:

Mike, ESPN reported yesterday that the 49ers want to have a face to face with Crabtree. Will he man up and sit down to talk or so you really think he will sit out, i dont see how he can possibly improve his situation by taking the year off.
Mike Sando
(12:36 PM)

"Manning up" really isn't part of any feasible negotiating strategy. I think the 49ers were posturing in an effort to put pressure on Crabtree. I'd be shocked if Crabtree's agent agreed to such a meeting.

Yeah, because a face to face meeting that could benefit all parties is only set up for the purpose of posturing. Get real Sando. I'm sure Parker wants to get this thing done as soon as possible. His rep is being hurt the longer this goes on.

The fact that this supposed letter was sent LAST WEEK and there is still no sign that Crabtree and Parker have accepted York's invitation to meet only proves to me that this kid and his agent are done with negotiations. It really does seems that they are willing to hold out completely this year to roll the dice next especially with this underlying current of two other teams willing to pay him.

That last point is what validates Crabtree. He has been told before the draft that he was a top five pick. We even said we were lucky to get a top five pick. Therefore, he believes he's a top five pick. Then add the "2 teams" and you have an inflated ego being driven by entitlement as opposed to greed. If two teams are willing to pay, then he will sit.

Now, that becomes a "tampering" issue especially if Crabtree truly gets picked top 10 and making top five money.

There doesn't seem to be any other reason. He believes he's worth more and was validated by other teams into acceptance. As a result, he's continuing to hold out.

im laughing cuz i didnt even know you were the one i was quoting, and no i didnt know that mm and them reported that, even if crabtrees camp does respond i doubt the niners will let anybody know cuz of the huge circus that would show up
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
Was checking for any news...don't wanted to get fooled again....but has anyone else noticed that Jed York went on the Radio about wanting to meet with crabtree and agent about four days after an invite to meet was issued to them? And there has not been a response. I find that very interesting. You would think it would be professional curtosey to reply to an NFL Owner......to me this means one of two things

1) He is still bothered with a foot injury...There was an unsubstantiated siting of Crabtree going into the back of a sports doctors office in Lubbock yesterday....

2) They are already guaranteed the money from another team. ESPN insiders has an article..(i am not subscribed) that says he could be going to the Jets....

It is interesting to note that we are not guaranteed to be able to trade him March 1 if he does not sign. He would have to agree to sign. The other way is to trade his rights but that would require a team knowing that they could sign him. That is my bet what happens if we can't get a meeting that Jed requested or subsequently sign him

Who knows, may be some truth to some of the above. I do find it odd that the team that drafted Craptree (9ers) still to this day have zero idea what Craptree 40 time is, I certainly would want to know BEFORE i pay him MILLIONS. Yes, it does matter, if he can oly run say a 4.59 - 4.60 he ain't gonna get seperation in the NFL like he did in College. (can you say J.J. Stokes).

Secondly, with the Craptree camp dis-respectfully not even responding to Jed York open invitation to talk yet, this is just another Red Flag to add to this whole circus.

Something is very, very odd with Mr. Craptree. Hope the 9ers dont foolishly OVERPAY to find out just what that may be.

Craptree clearly is giving no signals he wants to co-operate, no signals he is going do any bending, no signals he dreams of being a 9er, and certainly no signals he is dying to play NFL football.

The only clear signal is.... OVERPAY him if you want him.

im laughing cuz i didnt even know you were the one i was quoting, and no i didnt know that mm and them reported that, even if crabtrees camp does respond i doubt the niners will let anybody know cuz of the huge circus that would show up

You "not knowing" is no surprise.
Was checking for any news...don't wanted to get fooled again....but has anyone else noticed that Jed York went on the Radio about wanting to meet with crabtree and agent about four days after an invite to meet was issued to them? And there has not been a response. I find that very interesting. You would think it would be professional curtosey to reply to an NFL Owner......to me this means one of two things

1) He is still bothered with a foot injury...There was an unsubstantiated siting of Crabtree going into the back of a sports doctors office in Lubbock yesterday....

2) They are already guaranteed the money from another team. ESPN insiders has an article..(i am not subscribed) that says he could be going to the Jets....

It is interesting to note that we are not guaranteed to be able to trade him March 1 if he does not sign. He would have to agree to sign. The other way is to trade his rights but that would require a team knowing that they could sign him. That is my bet what happens if we can't get a meeting that Jed requested or subsequently sign him

Who knows, may be some truth to some of the above. I do find it odd that the team that drafted Craptree (9ers) still to this day have zero idea what Craptree 40 time is, I certainly would want to know BEFORE i pay him MILLIONS. Yes, it does matter, if he can oly run say a 4.59 - 4.60 he ain't gonna get seperation in the NFL like he did in College. (can you say J.J. Stokes).

Secondly, with the Craptree camp dis-respectfully not even responding to Jed York open invitation to talk yet, this is just another Red Flag to add to this whole circus.

Something is very, very odd with Mr. Craptree. Hope the 9ers dont foolishly OVERPAY to find out just what that may be.

Craptree clearly is giving no signals he wants to co-operate, no signals he is going do any bending, no signals he dreams of being a 9er, and certainly no signals he is dying to play NFL football.

For the last time, THE 40 TIME DOES NOT MATTER! It's an overrated metric and that is it. How many times in an NFL game does a WR run straight for 40 yards with no pads and no one in front of them? Answer: NEVER.

The best WR in the history of the game ran a 4.7. Boldin ran a 4.71, Fitzgerald a 4.63 and Owens a 4.6. I'm pretty sure they've all faired pretty well in their NFL careers. I would rather have a receiver who has good hands, runs good routes and can block down field than someone who can run in straight line. With your logic, we probably should have drafted DHB.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Can you fail any harder than you already have.

Anquan Boldin runs a 4.71 at the NFL combine and can gain separation in the NFL.

Malcolm Kelly ran in the 4.7's at the combine and is the starting flanker meanwhile one of the top WR's of that same class Devin Thomas ran in the 4.4's was drafted by the same team is his backup.

Please just stop posting nonsense about the 40 time. 40 times may be meaningful in Madden but they mean very little in the NFL.
  • evil
  • Veteran

You "not knowing" is no surprise.

Wow that and the clown comment may be the death of you.....

Oh well

Come on Bigmar you should know 40 times don't mean jack...compared to football speed....how many times are guys running in a straight line with no pads on....in a game?? If 40 times mattered that much the raiders would have 5 superbowls rings....not us....do you remember what Jerry's 40 time was?? around 4.59....4.65....so I guess he was like JJ stokes too right??

How old are you??
[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone