There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Discussion Thread

I'm starting to think were taking this too personal. He'll be a niner eventually, it just sucks right now.
Originally posted by BigMar:
I just heard a radio report from Mike Florio of Pro Football .com and he said that it appears it is Michael Craptree, not his agent. Craptree simply cannot overlook the fact that he was drafted in the 10 spot and that Raiders HDB is getting more money than he will.

The dude simply will not accept he he drafted in the 10 spot.... what a freak'en knocklehead!

This just shows his immaturity. To think there are some people on this board who think throwing money at him is going to help.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
And now a message from Michael Crabtree's Adviser (Cousin):




[img=]


Give Michael the DAMN MONEY!!!!



God, I think I wet myself!
Originally posted by BigMar:
I just heard a radio report from Mike Florio of Pro Football .com and he said that it appears it is Michael Craptree, not his agent. Craptree simply cannot overlook the fact that he was drafted in the 10 spot and that Raiders HDB is getting more money than he will.

The dude simply will not accept he he drafted in the 10 spot.... what a freak'en knocklehead!

You actually believe anything Mike Florio says?
Originally posted by WestCoast:
I'm starting to think were taking this too personal. He'll be a niner eventually, it just sucks right now.

Exactly. When he signs, some fans are gonna be hard on him. Once he makes a reception, they'll warm up to him. Once he scores his first TD, they'll be chanting his name. His first 1,000 yard season, they'll forget about the holdout.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
I'm starting to think were taking this too personal. He'll be a niner eventually, it just sucks right now.

Exactly. When he signs, some fans are gonna be hard on him. Once he makes a reception, they'll warm up to him. Once he scores his first TD, they'll be chanting his name. His first 1,000 yard season, they'll forget about the holdout.

Just like with Terrel Owens, am I right?

I like touchdowns and winning, however I so far loathe every aspect of this man's character.
September 4, 2009
No cash flow problem for Crabtree

If Michael Crabtree doesn't sign his contract by the time the first game checks are handed out late next week, he'll start losing money. But it's not as if the rookie wide receiver doesn't have a bit of change in his pocket already. After the college season, Crabtree was perhaps the most popular player heading into the draft - USC quarterback Mark Sanchez was his only competition in that regard - and he signed a number of endorsement deals at the time.

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya
Sent 3:05:30 PM Mon Aug 24 '09

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09

Crabtree also has money heading his way from jersey sales. According to Darren Rovell of CNBC.com, a look at NFL jersey sales from the first four months of the fiscal year shows that Crabtree's No. 15 jersey ranks 20th in the league. Among rookies, he is only behind Sanchez, a starter for the Jets. NFL players get about 6 percent every time their jersey is sold.

Rovell does note that the fact that Crabtree hasn't signed is hurting jersey sales. Crabtree was ranked No. 8 in sales in early August. It's also hard to see Crabtree signing any new deals considering he has yet to even practice with the 49ers. Still, one of his marketing managers, Peter Miller of Jabez Marketing Group, said that rookies typically don't have a lot of endorsement opportunities at the beginning of the season anyway. "That's when they're concentrating on football," Miller said. "I don't think we ever had a plan to do anything in August."

Here's the entire list from sales on NFLShop.com from the NFL's first four months of the fiscal year. Courtesy of CNBC.com.

1. Brett Favre, Vikings
2. Jay Cutler, Bears
3. Troy Polamalu, Steelers
4. Michael Vick, Eagles
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
6. Tony Romo, Cowboys
7. Mark Sanchez, Jets
8. Tom Brady, Patriots
9. Adrian Peterson, Vikings
10. Eli Manning, Giants
11. Terrell Owens, Bills
12. Peyton Manning, Colts
13. Hines Ward, Steelers
14. LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers
15. Jason Witten, Cowboys
16. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
17. Joe Flacco, Ravens
18. Matt Ryan, Falcons
19. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
20. Michael Crabtree, 49ers

-- Matt Barrows
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
And now a message from Michael Crabtree's Adviser (Cousin):




[img=]


Give Michael the DAMN MONEY!!!!



God, I think I wet myself!

then...once he's signed...this would be the 1st MF to rob him!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
September 4, 2009
No cash flow problem for Crabtree

If Michael Crabtree doesn't sign his contract by the time the first game checks are handed out late next week, he'll start losing money. But it's not as if the rookie wide receiver doesn't have a bit of change in his pocket already. After the college season, Crabtree was perhaps the most popular player heading into the draft - USC quarterback Mark Sanchez was his only competition in that regard - and he signed a number of endorsement deals at the time.

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya
Sent 3:05:30 PM Mon Aug 24 '09

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09

Crabtree also has money heading his way from jersey sales. According to Darren Rovell of CNBC.com, a look at NFL jersey sales from the first four months of the fiscal year shows that Crabtree's No. 15 jersey ranks 20th in the league. Among rookies, he is only behind Sanchez, a starter for the Jets. NFL players get about 6 percent every time their jersey is sold.

Rovell does note that the fact that Crabtree hasn't signed is hurting jersey sales. Crabtree was ranked No. 8 in sales in early August. It's also hard to see Crabtree signing any new deals considering he has yet to even practice with the 49ers. Still, one of his marketing managers, Peter Miller of Jabez Marketing Group, said that rookies typically don't have a lot of endorsement opportunities at the beginning of the season anyway. "That's when they're concentrating on football," Miller said. "I don't think we ever had a plan to do anything in August."

Here's the entire list from sales on NFLShop.com from the NFL's first four months of the fiscal year. Courtesy of CNBC.com.

1. Brett Favre, Vikings
2. Jay Cutler, Bears
3. Troy Polamalu, Steelers
4. Michael Vick, Eagles
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
6. Tony Romo, Cowboys
7. Mark Sanchez, Jets
8. Tom Brady, Patriots
9. Adrian Peterson, Vikings
10. Eli Manning, Giants
11. Terrell Owens, Bills
12. Peyton Manning, Colts
13. Hines Ward, Steelers
14. LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers
15. Jason Witten, Cowboys
16. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
17. Joe Flacco, Ravens
18. Matt Ryan, Falcons
19. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
20. Michael Crabtree, 49ers

-- Matt Barrows

I recall a poster named.....oh, yeah, it was me...talking about this a couple weeks ago. He has the means to not sign the contract.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
September 4, 2009
No cash flow problem for Crabtree

If Michael Crabtree doesn't sign his contract by the time the first game checks are handed out late next week, he'll start losing money. But it's not as if the rookie wide receiver doesn't have a bit of change in his pocket already. After the college season, Crabtree was perhaps the most popular player heading into the draft - USC quarterback Mark Sanchez was his only competition in that regard - and he signed a number of endorsement deals at the time.

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya
Sent 3:05:30 PM Mon Aug 24 '09

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09

Crabtree also has money heading his way from jersey sales. According to Darren Rovell of CNBC.com, a look at NFL jersey sales from the first four months of the fiscal year shows that Crabtree's No. 15 jersey ranks 20th in the league. Among rookies, he is only behind Sanchez, a starter for the Jets. NFL players get about 6 percent every time their jersey is sold.

Rovell does note that the fact that Crabtree hasn't signed is hurting jersey sales. Crabtree was ranked No. 8 in sales in early August. It's also hard to see Crabtree signing any new deals considering he has yet to even practice with the 49ers. Still, one of his marketing managers, Peter Miller of Jabez Marketing Group, said that rookies typically don't have a lot of endorsement opportunities at the beginning of the season anyway. "That's when they're concentrating on football," Miller said. "I don't think we ever had a plan to do anything in August."

Here's the entire list from sales on NFLShop.com from the NFL's first four months of the fiscal year. Courtesy of CNBC.com.

1. Brett Favre, Vikings
2. Jay Cutler, Bears
3. Troy Polamalu, Steelers
4. Michael Vick, Eagles
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
6. Tony Romo, Cowboys
7. Mark Sanchez, Jets
8. Tom Brady, Patriots
9. Adrian Peterson, Vikings
10. Eli Manning, Giants
11. Terrell Owens, Bills
12. Peyton Manning, Colts
13. Hines Ward, Steelers
14. LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers
15. Jason Witten, Cowboys
16. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
17. Joe Flacco, Ravens
18. Matt Ryan, Falcons
19. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
20. Michael Crabtree, 49ers

-- Matt Barrows

I recall a poster named.....oh, yeah, it was me...talking about this a couple weeks ago. He has the means to not sign the contract.

actually another poster mentioned that he had already signed some endorsment deals and had money and that he didn't need to sign this year because it is not like he is hurting for cash. They you came in behind him a few weeks later and just repeated what he said and now are trying to use it to make yourself feel all high and mighty. Hope it helps out your self esteem
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Wow. i didnt know that by buying his jersey a few months ago i would basically be helping him hold out. i feel like a f**king idiot now. great...

Go buy another one.

Cheers.
I'd sweeten the deal and give him McCloughan's job.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:


I recall a poster named.....oh, yeah, it was me...talking about this a couple weeks ago. He has the means to not sign the contract.

Although, many of those endorsements contracts might be predicated on him actually playing in the NFL. What is the value of a malcontent, greedy, non-performer (which Crabtree would be if he sits out) from an endorsement perspective?

I could see that money drying up quickly too...
Originally posted by singfan:
I'd sweeten the deal and give him McCloughan's job.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home