LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The words of Crabtree to his fans from his mouth... Per Matt B's blog
No Cash Flow Problem For Crabtree

"...that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya
Sent 3:05:30 PM Mon Aug 24 '09

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09"
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by zozell:

"...that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09"

old news.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:

old news.

Blog was posted today... do u know something the rest of us don't, including both Matts?? Show me where you seen this before today...
Just my two cents...

1. Crabtree wouldn't hold out due to QB questions or the team that chose him. He could just as easily be drafted to another team next year with similar issues.

2. The 49ers are not a team that underpays it players. They have signed top 10 draft picks and free agents over the last 6 years without issue. They also rewarded staley after one year. Therefore it is fair to assume that they have offered Crabtree a fair deal. Also consider that fact that the ball is in his court. If he wants more money then, he needs to have a meeting with management. So far they haven't even countered offered.

3. The niners do not need to up the offer. The longer he held out, the less valuable he became. Regardless of when he signs now, he will not be produtive over the first half of the season.

4. Crabtree will not be traded after the season. No team is going to trade for a player that can be choosen in the next draft.

5. If Crabtree is willing to sit out the whole season, then he is not a player smart enough to be on any team. There is not a single expert who believes he would be better off sitting a year. He will not go higher than he did in this draft. Imagine how hard it will be for that team to sign him. Even if he has a good year he could hold out for more money the next year. If he is willing to go to this extreme then the niners are better off letting him walk. Next season draft is going to be full of Wide receivers and the niners have two picks in the first round.

Finally, this is all going to blow over before the start of the season. Crabtree will sign before the first game. The 49ers have called his bluff and he will fold. Unless he is not smart enough to play for this team...
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A

old news.

Blog was posted today... do u know something the rest of us don't, including both Matts?? Show me where you seen this before today...

uh... look at the dates. Aug. 7th and Aug. 24th.
  • dj43
Originally posted by BigMar:
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?

Could he be worried about Hill & Smith?

I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.

I absolutely believe that is a part of it. Afterall, the question of San Francisco QB was a major topic going into the draft and continuing on untill the time the Crabtree conversation pushed it back to 3rd page news.

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time, has had some impact on his thinking.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his. It may not be the major one, and he would never admit it even if he signed somewhere else, but it is still something he has to understand about the 2009 version of the San Francisco 48ers. His signing may give Hill a better option, eventually, but it won't make Hill's arm stronger.

[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:04:30 ]

old news.

Uhhhhhh those are the dates of Crabtree's postings to his fans... off of one of his endorsements... the blog that shows us that was posted today... Click the link for the blog and read the whole thing... so it's not old news to us...

Noob tryin to PWN a Vet...
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A

old news.

Uhhhhhh those are the dates of Crabtree's postings to his fans... off of one of his endorsements... the blog that shows us that was posted today... Click the link for the blog and read the whole thing... so it's not old news to us...

oh wow... let's try this again.

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

hooked on phonics?
The niners should have brought Graham Harrell in as a ploy. Have him come in and go through camp with the team to give Crabtree more incentive to get his azz here in time.

Ok, so maybe I am just grasping straws now.

[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:02:31 ]

old news.

WOW nice comeback KNRO way to sow zozell....not

"Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya"
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A

old news.

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

hooked on phonics?

by the way, you can get these text messages from MogoTXT.com like I did ON AUG. 24th!

http://mogotxt.com/mogotxt/crabtree
Originally posted by dj43:
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?

I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.

I absolutely believe that is a part of it. Afterall, the question of San Francisco QB was a major topic going into the draft and continuing on untill the time the Crabtree conversation pushed it back to 3rd page news.

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his.

i know we've been talking about Crabtree for a long time, but have we really run out of things to say to the point where we're making these kind of assumptions? This is about $ and nothing else.

old news.

hooked on phonics?

by the way, you can get these text messages from MogoTXT.com like I did ON AUG. 24th!

http://mogotxt.com/mogotxt/crabtree

hey zozell you know this guy jsut looked up that website and posted it right, trying to act like he is way ahead of everybody.

KNRO we all know you just found out about it now just like the rest of us
Originally posted by dj43:

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time, has had some impact on his thinking.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his. It may not be the major one, and he would never admit it even if he signed somewhere else, but it is still something he has to understand about the 2009 version of the San Francisco 48ers. His signing may give Hill a better option, eventually, but it won't make Hill's arm stronger.

If this was true, we would have signed immediately after seeing Nate Davis' performance last week. Image the two of them together in three years!

All about the $$$. Anything else is pure poppycock and conjecture.
Share 49ersWebzone