There are 259 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think at this point we can almost count on him not signing and going back into the draft.....but who really cares? I think he has hurt himself and unless he wakes up his season is basically done. Its not about the team or the talent on the team as one guy stated, its simply him feeling he should be paid like a top pick when he wasnt! I really dont care about him anymore, im more concerned with how pathetic our starting O has looked and if this year is gonna be like 07. I think at this point 5 wins is our ceiling :(
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
I think at this point we can almost count on him not signing and going back into the draft.....but who really cares? I think he has hurt himself and unless he wakes up his season is basically done. Its not about the team or the talent on the team as one guy stated, its simply him feeling he should be paid like a top pick when he wasnt! I really dont care about him anymore, im more concerned with how pathetic our starting O has looked and if this year is gonna be like 07. I think at this point 5 wins is our ceiling :(

Have some faith, man. At least this year the team will have an identity (FWIW.) Power rushing might not be as fun to watch, but it is a proven way to be moderately successful when you aren't that talented.

In 07 under Hostler we had no direction at all.

Crabtree on the field would make the 9ers a better team, regardless of our offensive philosophy.
I hope he signs.

If he doesn't, I can't help thinking he will be lucky to get taken in the first next year. Assuming he slips to the second, will he hold out next year for Top 5 money?

I do have a nasty feeling he will end up with Dallas
I just want all the Crabtree noise to stop already.

Crabtree, if you are reading this. Please just sign the deal that is on the table and then show us all how great you are. You'll get your millions.
Originally posted by English:
I hope he signs.

If he doesn't, I can't help thinking he will be lucky to get taken in the first next year. Assuming he slips to the second, will he hold out next year for Top 5 money?

I do have a nasty feeling he will end up with Dallas

Yeah i didn't want to believe this at first but more and more it's starting to make more sense. D. Sanders probably has a lot to do with this. IF he doesn't sign with us and IF he re-enters next years draft the cowladies will pick him up. Jones will pay him whatever he wants cause you know money ain't a thing for that guy.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Hello, My name is Michael Cashtree. Yes, money does grow on trees.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Hello, My name is Michael Cashtree. Yes, money does grow on trees.

i hate this man so much but wow i can't get past how smooth he would be in a niner uni catching the uncatchable passes that top flight recievers do.
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?

Could he be worried about Hill & Smith?

I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.
Crabtree is making V. Davis look like a alter boy.

Here's my prediction:

Crabtree can get bent
Vernon Davis lights it up
extend Davis' contract
let Cashtree get drafted in the top of the 2nd round next year
save money from his draft pick for our two first rounds next year.

[ Edited by IDontGetNaked on Sep 4, 2009 at 11:02:43 ]
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?

I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.

If you're not going to sign because you're afraid that the QBs are not great, then you're a joke of a WR.

Do you think Andre and Calvin Johnson has a similar mindset?

-9fA

• Veteran
He'll learn his lesson when he gets drafted in the second or third round next year. Who does he think he is, Jerry Rice?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

If you're not going to sign because you're afraid that the QBs are not great, then you're a joke of a WR.

Do you think Andre and Calvin Johnson has a similar mindset?

-9fA

No.... but this may be Michael Craptree thought process
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae118/knro1670/deion1.jpg

Hi... I'm the original POON RAT. I've been advising Michael "lil" POON RAT, And I say...Just give him the DAMN MONEY!
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae118/knro1670/deion1.jpg

Hi... I'm the original POON RAT. I've been advising Michael "lil" POON RAT, And I say...Just give him the DAMN MONEY!

[img=]

i would say end of the day, its not as complicated as us diehards tend to make it...he wants money plain and simple...its a once in a lifetime individual who just defies all logic..these idiots have their entourages that just inflate their egos to no end and he is just blinded by the reality in front of him.

i'de say if his end game is that his opinion of the 49ers is so negative that he will only play for us at a premium price otherwise he's willing to piss away millions by waiting a year to get into a better team situation, i'de actually be able to come to grips with that reasoning and even respect it. we werent a good team last year and we didnt change much of the roster this year in an attempt to get better, we just aren't a well run organization so if a michael crabtree had the forsight to that level to identify that and try to get away from it, i dont blame him. i just dont think he's that smart, i just don't think the situation is that complicated, i just think he legitimately wants that type of money from anyone who drafts him
Share 49ersWebzone