LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

Roman may start Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
1 good game in preseason after two sub par years without an interception, and I am suppose to believe in him. I'd rather play reggie smith or curtis taylor than play this guy
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Roman had a good game tonight. Goldson did well and the hit he put Barber in the open field was amazing not often do you see barber get stopped cold like that
goldson to ss?
Roman isn't as bad as most people on this board think he is, but he's not much of a playmaker either.
Dashon at FS and Reggie and SS. DONE
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Who else do we have at SS?

-9fA

Reggie Smith
A mild concussion. Even though he just had one there is only a slim chance he won't play in the opener. Unless it isn't mild.
How often does switching players between safety positions actually work?

I wouldn't know but from reading through this thread most people seem to think that it can be done without a drop-off in play. I doubt this will happen especially when you're switching a starter.

I don't think we should expect instant results.

-9fA
  • RowdyRaza
  • Info N/A
he's good for depth but he's not really a starter anymore
How often does switching players between safety positions actually work?

I wouldn't know but from reading through this thread most people seem to think that it can be done without a drop-off in play. I doubt this will happen especially when you're switching a starter.

I don't think we should expect instant results.

-9fA

well roman as 3 years in FS 0 ints
roman 1 game as SS 1 int
best SS evern

-9fA

Is Reggie Smith playing both free and strong?

• CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Roman isn't as bad as most people on this board think he is, but he's not much of a playmaker either.

Not sure how you say that. He sucks in coverage and all his tackles are well after the first down has already been made.
Roman IMO is a better SS than FS. He doesen't have great range or ball skills to be much of a FS but does tackle really well and I think he can be an effective starting SS, but not for a whole season.

I have a feeling Michael Lewis may retire. He has been beat up an awful lot the last few seasons and he seems like the kind of guy who has a lot of things going on off the field so he may not want to risk further damage as a pro. Im just guessing and maybe reading to much into it but I just get that feeling.
I would move Goldson to SS and start Smith at FS. Goldson hits like a mack truck and Smith is a hawk.
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:

-9fA

Reggie Smith

Roman right now is better.
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow we may very well need to draft two Safeties next year with our first two picks:

1a - Eric Berry

1b - Taylor Mays

I want ERIC BERRY... This guy has potential to be the next Ed Reed. When you guys watch College Football focus on the SEC between Terrance Cody at DT for Alabama (my college team) and Eric Berry at FS for Tennessee. These are two guys for sure we should have on our radar. Taylor mays is a mid to lower 20's 1st round caliber player depending how well he is prepared for this season to rise up his stock. Eric Berry is the truth look him up and read about him/watch his highlights.

Eric Berry FTW.
Share 49ersWebzone