LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Roman may start Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I would move Goldson to SS and start Smith at FS. Goldson hits like a mack truck and Smith is a hawk.

I like these two guys and I hope one day that is our starting safety tandem but we can't go into the season with two safeties who have never started an NFL game and have very little experince.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I would move Goldson to SS and start Smith at FS. Goldson hits like a mack truck and Smith is a hawk.

I like these two guys and I hope one day that is our starting safety tandem but we can't go into the season with two safeties who have never started an NFL game and have very little experince.

True. Especially against the Cards passing attack.
I don't mind it. He has had a good training camp.

Never thought of this idea but I really like it....Smith seems like a beast man and I am high on Goldston also. I'm not sure if M.Lewis should have been the automatic starter this year maybe he should have had to fight for his job injury or not.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Who else do we have at SS?

-9fA

Reggie Smith

Roman right now is better.

No way, jus cuz he got 1 pic dont mean squat. Reggie is more atheletic and has a nose for the ball.

I agree.
YAYYYYY Mediocrity!!!!!
I like him at SS because hell have less coverage duties and we already have such physical players that are great tacklers at all other positions. Would rather see what Reggie Smith and Goldson can do back there. Why isnt Reggie Smith starting? If he isnt, i predict he will be by game three mainly because of the fact Goldson has been injury prone and I think if this kid gets a shot hes goona take it.
  • r28884
  • Info N/A
Release Roman and re-sign Killa Keith...he was released by Arizona today. Back up to Lewis and if he cant go..Keith to start.
Originally posted by matt49er:

Never thought of this idea but I really like it....Smith seems like a beast man and I am high on Goldston also. I'm not sure if M.Lewis should have been the automatic starter this year maybe he should have had to fight for his job injury or not.

I would have liked to see Michael Lewis fight for his spot. I would like to see Goldson & Smith the safeties by the end of the year!

I'm all for dropping Lewis and Roman. What have they done for us in the last few years but get burned and caught out of position? Two coverage mistakes by Roman cost us the game against Miami last year.
Fresh meat!
I like Reggie Smith and im not a big Mark Roman fan but it would be a disaster if we started two safeties (Smith and Goldson) with no starting experince and very little playing experince. I think Roman is a better fit at SS than FS where he won't be in coverage as much.

That makes a lot of sense but for some reason the teams sees him as a FS, and I'm not sure its only because we have M.Lewis at SS
god no
I believe that this will be Lewis's last year with our club. We can be so much more ball hawking & athletic with Smith & Goldson back there.
Share 49ersWebzone