There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Hill Really be our starter?

Should Hill Really be our starter?

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by fan49:
He hasn't shown any inkling of being a starter all pre-season. This is not a thread about alex or davis being the starter. Simply' its about Hill not showing any sign of being an nfl starter. Last year he did go 7-3. I almost promise none of those teams were in the top 15 d. So share opinion if you like, but should shaun hill be our starter or are you nervous?

do you have anyone better ?

While people think davis is too raw, and yes he is raw. I truly think he would react in a positive way to start as a rookie. his situation would be better than alex's, wr, line, and d all better. Plus hes got more poise than anyone we got, not to mention more accurate, and a bigger cannon! His arm would give frank more running room no matter what. and as someone stated before hill= no turnovers, Davis = no turnovers and td's!

And while I still think alex is a better qb than hill, ill let that go cause it could start a webzone war, and its a whole nother thread.

get real , Starters would eat him alive , he is not ready !
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by fan49:
He hasn't shown any inkling of being a starter all pre-season. This is not a thread about alex or davis being the starter. Simply' its about Hill not showing any sign of being an nfl starter. Last year he did go 7-3. I almost promise none of those teams were in the top 15 d. So share opinion if you like, but should shaun hill be our starter or are you nervous?

do you have anyone better ?

While people think davis is too raw, and yes he is raw. I truly think he would react in a positive way to start as a rookie. his situation would be better than alex's, wr, line, and d all better. Plus hes got more poise than anyone we got, not to mention more accurate, and a bigger cannon! His arm would give frank more running room no matter what. and as someone stated before hill= no turnovers, Davis = no turnovers and td's!

And while I still think alex is a better qb than hill, ill let that go cause it could start a webzone war, and its a whole nother thread.

get real , Starters would eat him alive , he is not ready !

I disagree and you have no way too judge that. And while my judgment is yes off third string. There is some definite backups to my judgement.

1. He got the least snaps in offseason
2. Out throwing all are qb's
3. he can throw 70 yards
4. He told the team no fg lets seal it now- last game
5. A lot of experts say he is extremely calm, not just in games but also for example in qb comp before draft
6. He has better legs than both other qb's we have.
7. and how about he is managing way better drives than both other qb's


ps. he is the only qb hitting the numbers
just a few reasons.

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 1, 2009 at 17:46:39 ]
I won't pretend to know how Davis would do, but I also think it would be a big mistake to put him on the field this season. Leave him on the sideline to learn everything he needs first. Whether he seems like he could be ready or not, there's no need to throw him to the wolves.
You know some of you guys, even moderators say that the pre-season doesn't count.

What I find hilarious is that all 31 other teams all agreed that to really see where your team is will be in wk 3 of the pre- season. So wit us what happens. Hilly boy doesn't get us in the end zone. I Don't care about stats. He said his job is to score td's and that's it. He failed to do so when it counted. And based on this game, that actually does have a little meaning, some still make excuses that the game don't count.

Hill was excellent against the raiders. Who we practiced against for two days straight. Some even said it was that practice that also helped hill become the starter. But when he should of blown in out the water, he just fizzled.

So both these times where he should of shown what he can do, he falters.

This has nothing to do with smith either. I just say it's not the regular season so no need to press the panic button yet. However, the cover of the panic button is open and in the times he was supposed to show us a continuance of that supposed7-3 record his followers cling too, he showed us nothing to be honest. He dove in the endzone last year and everybody (or his supporters) said "he'll yeah that's the fire I'm talkin bout. But smith put on that block on Ellis and tackle off the int, and he was called stupid by our fans. Complete bias.

Hill is our starter and most of us follow him now, but how about we finally stop making excuses when he's supposed to show up Ina game and doesn't.

Just say, well he had a bad game, which everyone has. Except in his case, it's been not a td in all of pre-season.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I won't pretend to know how Davis would do, but I also think it would be a big mistake to put him on the field this season. Leave him on the sideline to learn everything he needs first. Whether he seems like he could be ready or not, there's no need to throw him to the wolves.

im pretending hes my best friend. no how about i played, watch interviews of other people about transitioning, and about nate. and i watch the games! evrything I said was a fact. but he might not be ready, i just know he would def react better than smith. And im a smith guy! And he is performing and throwing "more accurate" and with twice the zip.... than any one we got

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 1, 2009 at 18:11:02 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,907
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
You know some of you guys, even moderators say that the pre-season doesn't count.

What I find hilarious is that all 31 other teams all agreed that to really see where your team is will be in wk 3 of the pre- season. So wit us what happens. Hilly boy doesn't get us in the end zone. I Don't care about stats. He said his job is to score td's and that's it. He failed to do so when it counted. And based on this game, that actually does have a little meaning, some still make excuses that the game don't count.

Hill was excellent against the raiders. Who we practiced against for two days straight. Some even said it was that practice that also helped hill become the starter. But when he should of blown in out the water, he just fizzled.

So both these times where he should of shown what he can do, he falters.

This has nothing to do with smith either. I just say it's not the regular season so no need to press the panic button yet. However, the cover of the panic button is open and in the times he was supposed to show us a continuance of that supposed7-3 record his followers cling too, he showed us nothing to be honest. He dove in the endzone last year and everybody (or his supporters) said "he'll yeah that's the fire I'm talkin bout. But smith put on that block on Ellis and tackle off the int, and he was called stupid by our fans. Complete bias.

Hill is our starter and most of us follow him now, but how about we finally stop making excuses when he's supposed to show up Ina game and doesn't.

Just say, well he had a bad game, which everyone has. Except in his case, it's been not a td in all of pre-season.

So in Week 3 in the 2008 PRESEASON, when Detroit won 26-6 and Roethelisberger was 10-17 for 65 yards WITH NO TD'S, it indicated pretty much where their teams were at right??

Calm down its PRESEASON, Hill will show you something in games, only he'll show you it when they count in the REGULAR SEASON.

You know these threads go round in round so much, that I think I'll probably end up locking it up by tonight. No sides will ever agree upon anything, I try not to get too involved into this discussion, but its hard to stay away when you have to monitor threads like these.
It doesn't really matter if he should, he is so let's try to make the best of it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
You know some of you guys, even moderators say that the pre-season doesn't count.

What I find hilarious is that all 31 other teams all agreed that to really see where your team is will be in wk 3 of the pre- season. So wit us what happens. Hilly boy doesn't get us in the end zone. I Don't care about stats. He said his job is to score td's and that's it. He failed to do so when it counted. And based on this game, that actually does have a little meaning, some still make excuses that the game don't count.

Hill was excellent against the raiders. Who we practiced against for two days straight. Some even said it was that practice that also helped hill become the starter. But when he should of blown in out the water, he just fizzled.

So both these times where he should of shown what he can do, he falters.

This has nothing to do with smith either. I just say it's not the regular season so no need to press the panic button yet. However, the cover of the panic button is open and in the times he was supposed to show us a continuance of that supposed7-3 record his followers cling too, he showed us nothing to be honest. He dove in the endzone last year and everybody (or his supporters) said "he'll yeah that's the fire I'm talkin bout. But smith put on that block on Ellis and tackle off the int, and he was called stupid by our fans. Complete bias.

Hill is our starter and most of us follow him now, but how about we finally stop making excuses when he's supposed to show up Ina game and doesn't.

Just say, well he had a bad game, which everyone has. Except in his case, it's been not a td in all of pre-season.

So in Week 3 in the 2008 PRESEASON, when Detroit won 26-6 and Roethelisberger was 10-17 for 65 yards WITH NO TD'S, it indicated pretty much where their teams were at right??

Calm down its PRESEASON, Hill will show you something in games, only he'll show you it when they count in the REGULAR SEASON.

You know these threads go round in round so much, that I think I'll probably end up locking it up by tonight. No sides will ever agree upon anything, I try not to get too involved into this discussion, but its hard to stay away when you have to monitor threads like these.

They keep going round and round because Hill is not a quality starting NFL QB, yes he has a 7-3 record but those 7 wins never came against Playoff teams. You cannot compare him to Roethlisberger because Roethlisberger is an established QB. He can mess up but hell do good the next week, While Hill this year in preseason has been doing nothing but Regressing, and he is not an Established Qb. He was suppose to show the Coaches what he could do and why he deserves the Job but he won it by Default. If Alex never got hurt back in '07, we would not know who S.Hill is. Thank you Larry Allen for setting our Franchise back, Damn that Cowboy heart.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,907
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
You know some of you guys, even moderators say that the pre-season doesn't count.

What I find hilarious is that all 31 other teams all agreed that to really see where your team is will be in wk 3 of the pre- season. So wit us what happens. Hilly boy doesn't get us in the end zone. I Don't care about stats. He said his job is to score td's and that's it. He failed to do so when it counted. And based on this game, that actually does have a little meaning, some still make excuses that the game don't count.

Hill was excellent against the raiders. Who we practiced against for two days straight. Some even said it was that practice that also helped hill become the starter. But when he should of blown in out the water, he just fizzled.

So both these times where he should of shown what he can do, he falters.

This has nothing to do with smith either. I just say it's not the regular season so no need to press the panic button yet. However, the cover of the panic button is open and in the times he was supposed to show us a continuance of that supposed7-3 record his followers cling too, he showed us nothing to be honest. He dove in the endzone last year and everybody (or his supporters) said "he'll yeah that's the fire I'm talkin bout. But smith put on that block on Ellis and tackle off the int, and he was called stupid by our fans. Complete bias.

Hill is our starter and most of us follow him now, but how about we finally stop making excuses when he's supposed to show up Ina game and doesn't.

Just say, well he had a bad game, which everyone has. Except in his case, it's been not a td in all of pre-season.

So in Week 3 in the 2008 PRESEASON, when Detroit won 26-6 and Roethelisberger was 10-17 for 65 yards WITH NO TD'S, it indicated pretty much where their teams were at right??

Calm down its PRESEASON, Hill will show you something in games, only he'll show you it when they count in the REGULAR SEASON.

You know these threads go round in round so much, that I think I'll probably end up locking it up by tonight. No sides will ever agree upon anything, I try not to get too involved into this discussion, but its hard to stay away when you have to monitor threads like these.

They keep going round and round because Hill is not a quality starting NFL QB, yes he has a 7-3 record but those 7 wins never came against Playoff teams. You cannot compare him to Roethlisberger because Roethlisberger is an established QB. He can mess up but hell do good the next week, While Hill this year in preseason has been doing nothing but Regressing, and he is not an Established Qb. He was suppose to show the Coaches what he could do and why he deserves the Job but he won it by Default. If Alex never got hurt back in '07, we would not know who S.Hill is. Thank you Larry Allen for setting our Franchise back, Damn that Cowboy heart.

Oh now I can't compare so and so, and now its "What if's". You see its your rules of the argument that make it spin threads round and round. Instead of excepting things the way they are, you have to use "What ifs" and "you can't compare him", when really its just real easy to agree that it is Preseason and nothing should be read into it. Stressing yourself out over Preseason is all in all a waste of breath.

I could give you all sorts of stats and break each play of PRESEASON down play by play. But for what, its meaningless, not to mention its been beaten to death many times in many different other threads. The same thing has been said in so much other threads, that I could go back and copy and paste something that has been said numerous times before about your very same argument that your having right now. Sometimes I feel that you guys only say things on here just to get at each others throats.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home