LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Rookie QB Nate Davis told his team: "Let's not settle for a field goal." Two plays later, Sheets scored the game-winning points for 49ers.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

I love this kid!
I was very impressed, but remember he did it against Practice Squad players.

I like his arm strength and quick release though, IMO he is a keeper to develop without a doubt.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM ]
Just like I said in another thread...

3 single handed pre-season wins says something... I wouldn't mind giving the kid a shot... Hell we gave JTO a shot last year!

Nate Davis' Upside >>>>>>>>>Alex Smith + Shaun Hill + Damon Huard+JTO
Originally posted by MaliCali:
I wouldnt be suprised to hear the niners start shopping Alex Smith come the start of the season...because if Nate is kept on the 53, it means the team is looking to develope him as a future starter, which where does that put Alex Smith..and if i remember correctly there are a few coaches out there that are very interested in taking a shot at developing him...

Yeah, Hill sure looked like a franchise QB tonight.

A couple more games like this and Smith will be starting.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Rookie QB Nate Davis told his team: "Let's not settle for a field goal." Two plays later, Sheets scored the game-winning points for 49ers.

I love this kid!

That's the kid of leader Coasch Sing is looking for.
Originally posted by Giant9er:

I love this kid!

Kind ..

I love this kid!

Kind ..

U can use the "Edit" function and change your previous post rather than posting a new correction. Just thought I'd let ya know. Welcome to the Zone!
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex Smith should be cut.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. Buy this man an ice cold beer. Smith can't outplay Huard, Davis or Hill...See ya.
based on what I've seen Davis should be second string and Alex third, with a play to work him in later in the season. The kid has a cannon and pocket presense. Alex and Hill have looked like crap.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. Buy this man an ice cold beer. Smith can't outplay Huard, Davis or Hill...See ya.

Smith CAN outplay Huard. Lets not get ahead of ourselves in cutting him.

And Nate Davis will not be going anywhere.

Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Haha, Smith haters are priceless.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
The qbs are all gettin outperformed by nate davis. third string or not. he moves the ball. and has a better arm than anyone on the team. And he throws right to the numbers and where only the reciever can catch it. Amazing hill is starter he moved the ball what 20 yards (dont know the exact numbers but we didnt move at all) in a half and a few min. Rookie or not he looks calmer, and has more poise and accuracy then anyone we have. Probably not our savior, but damn where are our coaches at....... And this is not about davis trying with the first string..... its about him being first string! Once again where are our coaches at!?

PS. I just saw another thread about a roster spot... Not the same thing, its about him being the best qb on our squad. Can't argue about third string when he is the only one moving the ball and hitting the numbers!
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:

exactly what i did watching the first string!
I don't think any QB on our roster would look good w/our starters, the way our 1st string OL played against their 1st string DL.

If the Pats could develop Brady for a year I think Davis can learn the game and play book in depth for a year.
Share 49ersWebzone