There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update** Marvel Smith retiring (Confirmed)

Jonas Jennings is avaiable. I hear him, Ahmed Plummer and Reggie McGrew are working out together.
If thats the case we need to add some depth pronto.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by Esco:
Everyone would have gone ape**** if we had selected anyone but Crabtree at 10. 20/20 hindsight is speaking now.

And why is that.... since we all know we needed a Right Tackle for our advertised run game or a Pass Rusher for our sicly Pass Rush.

I believe we were going to take Orakpo at #10 and we would have loved the pick. But we couldn't pass on Crabtree falling. The Redskins can thank the Raiders for getting Orakpo. Although it's early, Orakpo look like he might be a beast.
Originally posted by Niners6262:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by Esco:
Everyone would have gone ape**** if we had selected anyone but Crabtree at 10. 20/20 hindsight is speaking now.

And why is that.... since we all know we needed a Right Tackle for our advertised run game or a Pass Rusher for our sicly Pass Rush.

I believe we were going to take Orakpo at #10 and we would have loved the pick. But we couldn't pass on Crabtree falling. The Redskins can thank the Raiders for getting Orakpo. Although it's early, Orakpo look like he might be a beast.



They had no interest in Orakpo, MM and Barrows both said they would have likely taken Oher and Singletary basically confirmed that when he was on the network a month or two later.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Hopefully Boone steps up. If not there are some big name LT's still on the market. Levi Jones, Jon Runyan and Mark Tauscher to name a few.

There is a reason why they are available just like there is a reason why Marvel Smith was available. The Ravens passed on him becuase they didn't feel his back could hold up.

Runyan, Jones and Tauscher have not had health issue. They are LT so they demand more money. We signed Smith because of his issue and because he is a RT, hence the discounted price. One of those three will cost more but you have to do what you have to do.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Hopefully Boone steps up. If not there are some big name LT's still on the market. Levi Jones, Jon Runyan and Mark Tauscher to name a few.

There is a reason why they are available just like there is a reason why Marvel Smith was available. The Ravens passed on him becuase they didn't feel his back could hold up.

Runyan, Jones and Tauscher have not had health issue. They are LT so they demand more money. We signed Smith because of his issue and because he is a RT, hence the discounted price. One of those three will cost more but you have to do what you have to do.

Runyan is a RT and has real bad knee problems. I believe he had micro-fracture surgery in the offseason. Despite that, the guy has never missed a game and played all last year with a broken tailbone. Runyan is a machine
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Aug 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM ]
Bottom line, Barry Sims went from 50-50 to making the team to being our top backup OT, kinda scary.

I would workout Levi Jones but he is available for a reason. I think Runyan and Tauscher are washed up, Jones I think can still play if he is healthy but I said the same thing about Marvel.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring

ouch...

Time to trade the rights to Crabtree, I am dead serious.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring



Ok, I am better now.

Frick! Oh well, Boone time for you to step up!!! Sims is not going to cut it.

At least Snyder did step up his game or we would be in such a world of hurt!

Damn it!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring

man, damn.

new OL for 2009.

C- Heitmann, Wallace
G- Baas, Rachal, Wragge
T- Staley, Snyder, Sims and either Boone or Bender.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Hopefully Boone steps up. If not there are some big name LT's still on the market. Levi Jones, Jon Runyan and Mark Tauscher to name a few.

There is a reason why they are available just like there is a reason why Marvel Smith was available. The Ravens passed on him becuase they didn't feel his back could hold up.

Runyan, Jones and Tauscher have not had health issue. They are LT so they demand more money. We signed Smith because of his issue and because he is a RT, hence the discounted price. One of those three will cost more but you have to do what you have to do.

Runyan is a RT and has real bad knee problems. I believe he had micro-fracture surgery in the offseason. Despite that, the guy has never missed a game and played all last year with a broken tailbone. Runyan is a machine

Thats an oxymoron. Bad knee problems but never missed a game. LOL. You are right about the RT thing, my bad.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring

ouch...

Time to trade the rights to Crabtree, I am dead serious.

Well since ur serious maybe u can change the rule to allow us to. Ill wait
[ Edited by DANADA on Aug 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM ]
I guess this increases the chance of Boone making the team as well as making Sims our back up RT.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring

ouch...

Time to trade the rights to Crabtree, I am dead serious.

cant trade Crabtree its past the deadline to trade draftees that are unsigned.