LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

what quarter does smith block ellis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hill is in and I missed the play....does smith come back in at some point?
Originally posted by alwayzA9er:
hill is in and I missed the play....does smith come back in at some point?

No, it was on the first or second drive.
Smith doesn't return to the game. The play was in the First Quarter. Smith had two great defensive type plays. The block on Ellis and the tackle after the interception.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Smith doesn't return to the game. The play was in the First Quarter. Smith had two great defensive type plays. The block on Ellis and the tackle after the interception.

Which saved a TD, I might add. We stood up the Raiders at the goal line after the INT. If I were a Raiders fan, I would be that they couldn't punch it in.
anybody got a clip of the hit on ellis?
wow. they didnt show the play....i noticed a weird glitch in the game that seemed suspicious. I watched the whole first quarter and they didnt show it
yeah there was no replay of the hit. I watched it live last night with the raiders broadcasters and they mentioned what happened but didn't show it. I thought it was a Raider thing to save the embarassment.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Originally posted by boast:

No QB i know of blocks like Smitty! Seen him go heads up with John Lynch, Took down a Seattle LB or End and laid ellis out. 99% off all QB`s and i mean all in the history of the NFL will b***h out on the block....
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Aug 23, 2009 at 1:18 PM ]

awesome thanks!

• CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A

So one was a play in loss of yards and the other was a turnover. Great to see what highlights are on people's minds when it comes to Alex Smith!

smith looks like a pimp walking after the block
Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:

So one was a play in loss of yards and the other was a turnover. Great to see what highlights are on people's minds when it comes to Alex Smith!

You're a troll. I feel sorry for people like you since you clearly hate on a player so much you cannot see things in perspective.

Plays like the one Smith did on Ellis don't only excite the fans, they fire up the team - offense and defense a like. It shows that your QB isn't afraid of contact and seeing as how that's his surgically repaired shoulder it shows he's not babying it which would impact his game big time.

The interception wasn't his fault as Morgan should've caught that ball. So yes I think we should praise Alex for not allowing the defender to just stroll into the endzone. I've seen many qbs run away or chase the defender halfassed because they were afraid to get hit. Smith caught up to him and threw him down. The defense did their job and held them out of the endzone.

But you go ahead and continue to bash Smith for stuff that's not even his fault
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

Sing took from that as Alex Having "No Fear" However Sing felt it was both a positive & a negative. Smiff had 2 surgeries on that shoulder & Alex blasts Ellis with it.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by genus49:
You're a troll. I feel sorry for people like you since you clearly hate on a player so much you cannot see things in perspective.

Plays like the one Smith did on Ellis don't only excite the fans, they fire up the team - offense and defense a like. It shows that your QB isn't afraid of contact and seeing as how that's his surgically repaired shoulder it shows he's not babying it which would impact his game big time.

The interception wasn't his fault as Morgan should've caught that ball. So yes I think we should praise Alex for not allowing the defender to just stroll into the endzone. I've seen many qbs run away or chase the defender halfassed because they were afraid to get hit. Smith caught up to him and threw him down. The defense did their job and held them out of the endzone.

But you go ahead and continue to bash Smith for stuff that's not even his fault

No need to toss out insults. The fact is that Alex Smith was heralded as the next franchise QB and has done nothing. You can argue offensive coordinators all you want but great QBs don't really need to worry about that.

Regarding the hit that Alex Smith put on Ellis, it didn't really fire up anyone as it was a loss of yards. What fired people up was Coffee's monster runs. The offense fed off of that and even M-Rob ended up with a big 3rd quarter.

About the pass to Morgan that was tipped and intercepted, please don't tell me that you are blaming the wideout on trying to catch a ball that the QB threw too high. The announcers even said during the game that you don't throw high in the middle like that.

Alex Smith has a lot of physical skills but he just makes poor decisions.
Share 49ersWebzone