LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love watching Sheets.... Nice speed.... He will be a nice changeup....
From an Alex Smith fan; I dont believe he is at all a good quarterback. I dont see any of his improvements that our coaches see. The coaches must not have too much expectations. I always wanted Smith to improve, but to me, he just doesnt have that it factor. He should after running for his life at the beginning of his career. I dont want Smith to ruin our season, please. I dont think he'll ever improve to be the "Greatness" we all 49er fans want so badly
Smith or Hill really did not look that good. I hope they get better soon, maybe they need a Crab.
Passing game got better when nate davis and jason hill got in there.. granted 3rd stringers..

Whenever battle is out running routes, he gets no separation at all its so obvious.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
From an Alex Smith fan; I dont believe he is at all a good quarterback. I dont see any of his improvements that our coaches see. The coaches must not have too much expectations. I always wanted Smith to improve, but to me, he just doesnt have that it factor. He should after running for his life at the beginning of his career. I dont want Smith to ruin our season, please. I dont think he'll ever improve to be the "Greatness" we all 49er fans want so badly

This was a test of sorts for Smith.... How would he perform with the first team..... I saw nothing special.... His interception was high over the middle.... Certainly catchable but....... Bad stuff happens when you do that!
Battle sucks
Smith sucks
Hill was meh
Davis was
Coffee/Sheet
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM ]
OL, RBs, Nate Davis.
[ Edited by chimp914 on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:24 PM ]
Originally posted by ColoradoNiner:
Keep Davis as our third.... Huard will be available if need be....
oh yeah and McKillop
davis wears gloves, i can't think of any other starting qb's that wear gloves

maybe i'm trippin, big ben?

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
oh yeah and McKillop

I like this kid,..... He still has plenty to learn but seems to be around the ball.... Hard to tell when watching it on the internet...Smaaaaaaaaaallllll picture...LOL
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
oh yeah and McKillop

If McKillop becomes a great LB im gonna make a special jersey that says: McKill Em All!
[ Edited by NickV on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
davis wears gloves, i can't think of any other starting qb's that wear gloves

maybe i'm trippin, big ben?

uh, kurt warner?
Things learned:

1) While I'm high on Coffee and I think he'll definitely be an improvement over Foster, I think we learned that the Raiders scheming/run defense is atrocious more so than we learned that Coffee is a beast. Coffee, Robinson, and Sheets all looked almost unstoppable.

2) When Hill looks bad he looks absolutely atrocious. This is the worst outing from Hill I can remember, and a reminder that at best he'll be a transitional, game-managing QB for us until somebody else steps up or comes in.

3) Alex Smith is fully recovered from his shoulder injury. He's the best passer on the team and it's not even close. The problem is that he still can't read defenses, locks into one receiver, and is too mechanical going through his options.

4) Our hopes for our receiving corp being deep and much improved might be unfounded. We didn't get any separation today, and the passing game looked more like the "attack" of two years ago than last year.

5) After two weeks it's clear that Vernon is going to be a big part of the offense. 650 yards is a very reasonable expectation for him.

6) LG is still a big problem. Baas is still out and Wragge looked very over-matched.
Originally posted by dman:
Davis must be kept

this
Share 49ersWebzone