LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I expect Raye and Sing to call a game next week with a lot of passing on offense. Its the 3rd game of the preseason, where the starters play the most, and its the furthest from vanilla a team can get. Also, we're going up against a good opponent, so expect the team to really put Smith and Hill to test.

I think that either Smith or Hill will really pull way in the Dallas game with their performance and win the starting job. I don't expect any "even" stuff.
Hill looks terrible

PIE THROWER
Originally posted by valrod33:
ok im watching the game on replay right now (its the 2nd series) Im not seeing where people say Smith looked like s**t. He looks ok, on his first drive bruce and davis dropped catchable balls.

The Int, the ball was high but again it should have been caught.

Again Smith doesnt look great, he looks ok, he definately doesnt look as bad as people are saying.

I think The staff wants smith to win the job thats why they didnt name a starter yet, Hill looked ok as well not that great.

Thinking the same thing, I just watched the replay. Although his stats sucked he didn't look bad out there. Considering what he is coming back from he still has some rust to knock off and needs to get timing down with the WR's.
How come everytime a goal line situation comes for us eric heitmann gets manhandled and we get a loss in the play? I see it all the time in crucial situations I think he is over rated!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by valrod33:
ok im watching the game on replay right now (its the 2nd series) Im not seeing where people say Smith looked like s**t. He looks ok, on his first drive bruce and davis dropped catchable balls.

The Int, the ball was high but again it should have been caught.

Again Smith doesnt look great, he looks ok, he definately doesnt look as bad as people are saying.

I think The staff wants smith to win the job thats why they didnt name a starter yet, Hill looked ok as well not that great.

Thinking the same thing, I just watched the replay. Although his stats sucked he didn't look bad out there. Considering what he is coming back from he still has some rust to knock off and needs to get timing down with the WR's.

i was at blizzcon over the weekend and was doing the twitter thing to get game updates as we waited for ozzy to perform. when i watched the game today as i got back, smith's performance did not at all reflect his stats. i came into watching the delayed feed expecting something so much more different after seeing his stat line. thats said, alex smith is still not a nfl starting qb. the struggles we see him have today are the same struggles he had when he first played after being drafted. he never got it, he never figured it out, he does not have that feel for the game.
Share 49ersWebzone