Total Plays 46 75
Average Gain 5.3 5.2
Net Yards Rushing 69 275
Rushes 18 47
Avg. Per Rush 3.8 5.9

Nuff said
[ Edited by MadMartz on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM ]
Our O line looking better!
4.2 quarterback rating. And yes it was Smiths fault on his INT, he had Coffee in the flat wide open. His throws arent even in the numbers! The receivers got to reach all the time.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM ]
Call me crazy but I really don't think Alex Smith played all that bad. He didn't get much help by his WRs. Josh Morgan is my boy but he should've caught that ball that got picked off. That wasn't Alex's fault. WRs HAVE to make plays for us this year in order for us to be successful on offense. We have to play better
Smith threw the ball fine and showed some toughness, but was hurt by 3 drops

Hill looked horrible. ionly 3 completions but unlike Smith, 0 drops. One was a miricle play by Morgon who stole the ball, the other a screen had almost bounced but coffee stopped and came back, I think for a loss though. His pass to Battle was by far his best. Hill should of slammed the door on Smith, but he didn't, and the longer this goes the better chance for hill to lose to smith

Nate Davis on the other hand I believe slammed the door on Huard

OL did well, but miss Baas at guard

WR miss jones speed big time

TE great blockiing catching ...
Originally posted by MadMartz:
......................Oak...SF...
Total Net Yards 245 389
Total Plays 46 75
Average Gain 5.3 5.2
Net Yards Rushing 69 275
Rushes 18 47
Avg. Per Rush 3.8 5.9

Nuff said

that's impressive, raiders rb's seemed to have a good game against dallas

i was afraid they would run over us too

that's also an improvement over last week where i think we gave up more yards
Game Ball goes to....... the O-line.

Our RBs ran at will tonight. Wragge looked awful last week, so I was a little worried, but we saw some great game planning tonight. We ran very effectively behind Wragge because Heitmann and Rachal pulled around and backed him up. It worked beautifully.

Coffee had a great game, but when I see Robinson running at will, I have to give the props to the Line (that includes Vernon).
First of all the QBs and the WRs didn't look good at all. Smith looked decent IMO, and he didn't get any help from those 3 drops..... Hill didn't do anything good today, and the recievers just weren't getting any separation. What I did notice was that all the passing attempts except those 2 deep attempts by Hill, were short passes within 10 yards.....maybe this is a sign of a vanilla offense due to it being preseason? Who knows...Our passing game looked good last year with the same recievers, so I'm not TOO worried....

The running game....I know its just preseason and its the Raiders, but dayuuuuuuuum. We were just absolutely destroying the Raiders on the ground. Gore looked like typical Gore on his 2 carries, all heart and fight. Coffee was amazing. There was that stretch in the 2nd quarter where he just had big run after big run after big run. Props to the O-Line today. MRob looked good for once, he played well. And although Sheets didn't look too good on the inside runs, he still adds a nice dimension to our run game.

I think that when Sing said he wanted to run the ball, he meant that he wanted to RUN THE BALL.
More mystery surrounding the qb battle but alot of clarity in terms of our Oline and running game...our TE's look like they will be nice also.
Originally posted by matt49er:
More mystery surrounding the qb battle but alot of clarity in terms of our Oline and running game...our TE's look like they will be nice also.

I love watching our team pass the ball, but it sure would be sweet to sit back on Sundays and watch run offense play the way they did today.

I'm one of those guys that gets really stressed out on gamedays. I just feel super nervous/excited......Its hard to explain. But i think that watching a team grind it out on the ground would so much more better for my blood pressure.

Didn't get into the game until late 3rd quarter...caught 2 balls and couldn't get a 1st down on 1 of them. I feel like he's falling off he's clearly 5th in our current rotation behind Bruce Morgan Battle Zeigler and even Spurlock when Crabtree signs and Jones gets healthy I don't see how he stays on the roster. It's a shame because last yet I remember him making alot of us on this board excited.
the INT...i cant really put the blame on morgan either, because that was a HIGH throw...i noticed a lot of smith's throws were either ones that had to be extended high for, or they had a strange looking downward trajectory to them...either way thats not good..

this coming from someone who WANTS smith to succeed..

i also like hill and wouldnt mind him starting, but he still just looks so awkward...but then when the regular season starts that goes away a lot, not sure why that is..

as for davis, yeah it was against depth players, but it doesnt matter who is on the field when the balls are being thrown precisely with good velocity onto a players numbers, not to mention his poise, which again doesnt matter who is bearing down on you..when you are about to get hit, you are about to get hit..
this opinion was important enough for a thread and definitely didnt belong in the week 2 offense analysis thread.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Hill's rhythm was thrown off because he didn't start, but he still should be the favorite over Smith.

Our run game was outstanding. The Wr's sucked, please more Jason Hill and less suck arnaz "no separation"battle. He's garbage.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Ziggy came in the same time as him and didn't catch anything.

I still think he makes the team. He just has to show the coaches all over again that he can contribute just as well as the other guys.

I still don't see why they like Spurlock so much.
Share 49ersWebzone