LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Cardinals WR > Seahawks Wr > 49ers WR > Rams WR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im happy, but not fully satisfied with our overall WR Corps.(including Crabtree). We are third place in our own division in the WR category.

Cards: Fitz, Boldin, Breastion
Seahawks: T.j. Houzzyomomma , Branch, Burleson
49ers: Morgan, Bruce, Crabtree
Rams: Avery, Burton

So my question to you guys is...are you guys exactly satisfied with the WR group we have...or would you like us to make a key aquistion next year, which may harm us from getting a player we may need for another position.

p.s. the group of WR's we have right now is the best group we've had in years, but are we satisfied for that exact reason, or are we satisfied because its a talent-laden group?
We have the better RB.....case closed.
i think our group is really good. its the least of our worries as a team. just because we dont have two probowlers like arizona and a superbowl mvp like seattle doesnt mean our group isnt good. i like our group of receivers a lot, theyre young, boldin and fitz werent good over night. it takes a little development. Morgan will be a special player, bruce is very good but he is only a stop gap, despite what the zone says i think Hill is a very good receiver, Brandon Jones will be back by game 3 or 4 i think and he is very good, Crabtree for this year wont do anything much i dont think but next year when bruce retires he should be ready to step up, battle is a solid receiver, even the two youngsters in Ziggy and Spurlock look promising. not saying we are as good as AZ's wideouts but we have some young talent that could develop to be pretty damn good. i would much rather use early draft picks and FA pickups on D and O linemen, passrushing OLB's or maybe a QB if we need one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We got 5 superbowls.....................so now what ???
Don't forget Davis
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think our group is really good. its the least of our worries as a team. just because we dont have two probowlers like arizona and a superbowl mvp like seattle doesnt mean our group isnt good. i like our group of receivers a lot, theyre young, boldin and fitz werent good over night. it takes a little development. Morgan will be a special player, bruce is very good but he is only a stop gap, despite what the zone says i think Hill is a very good receiver, Brandon Jones will be back by game 3 or 4 i think and he is very good, Crabtree for this year wont do anything much i dont think but next year when bruce retires he should be ready to step up, battle is a solid receiver, even the two youngsters in Ziggy and Spurlock look promising. not saying we are as good as AZ's wideouts but we have some young talent that could develop to be pretty damn good. i would much rather use early draft picks and FA pickups on D and O linemen, passrushing OLB's or maybe a QB if we need one.

Very Well put! To me were basing all these belief's and outlooks on the recievers just based of practice --> Spurlock, Jones, Ziggy! When jones was in Tennessee he really didn't do much(but they were in a run first offense). I trully hope for continued success out of Josh Morgan, i have such high belief in his potential and recieving skills
dont forget jones either we have better WRs than seahawks we have 2 future #1s and currently we have a lot of 2 WRs in 2 years morgan and crabtree will be the duo of the nfl
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dont forget jones either we have better WRs than seahawks we have 2 future #1s and currently we have a lot of 2 WRs in 2 years morgan and crabtree will be the duo of the nfl

Too me going based of the so called X,Y,Z wide reciever charcterizations, Jones doesn't seem like he should be a slot wr. Jones to me can be a Number 2 or a fill in number 2 WR. A slot reciever needs to be either and or both of true speed, also not afraid to take a big hit.
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Very Well put! To me were basing all these belief's and outlooks on the recievers just based of practice --> Spurlock, Jones, Ziggy! When jones was in Tennessee he really didn't do much(but they were in a run first offense). I trully hope for continued success out of Josh Morgan, i have such high belief in his potential and recieving skills

the only people im basing off of practices are ziggy, spurlock and jones. i know jones played for the titans but i didnt follow him much. ive seen Hill, Morgan, Bruce, Battle play in the pros and Crabtree destroy opposing D's in college. of our guys that have been here, Hill could be a solid number 2 guy, Morgan could develop into a number 1 because he showed a lot of signs last year when he came back from his staff infection, Bruce is very dependable, just like Arnaz Battle. battle has been our best target for a very long time, he is sure handed and very tough, a game breaker? no, but a very good possession receiver. he's probably got the highest percentage on the team for converting 3rd downs, not sure if thats a fact but i would bet on it. in his new role, assuming he makes the team, he will be the number 3. he will thrive in that position because he wont be facing other teams best CB anymore, he'll be facing the nickelback because other teams have to account for Morgan and Bruce. i completely forgot about Vernon Davis. he also looks ready to go, in an offense thats gonna feature him more. as we've accumulated more and more threats on offense our existing receivers will continue to look better. i dont know if you remember the years with brandon lloyd and battle when they were the only guys, we had almost no shot at doing anything in the air because we had no other threats. have faith in our youngsters, they will develop nicely in this situation.

Originally posted by susweel:

and the fact we won our last 15 years ago means what?b
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by susweel:

and the fact we won our last 15 years ago means what?b

means we're due for one very soon
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Im happy, but not fully satisfied with our overall WR Corps.(including Crabtree). We are third place in our own division in the WR category.

Cards: Fitz, Boldin, Breastion
Seahawks: T.j. Houzzyomomma , Branch, Burleson
49ers: Morgan, Bruce, Crabtree
Rams: Avery, Burton

So my question to you guys is...are you guys exactly satisfied with the WR group we have...or would you like us to make a key aquistion next year, which may harm us from getting a player we may need for another position.

p.s. the group of WR's we have right now is the best group we've had in years, but are we satisfied for that exact reason, or are we satisfied because its a talent-laden group?

I would take our group over Seattle's, not to mention we have better depth.
Originally posted by momoney925:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Seattle has pretty good LBs and they're more proven.
Vernon still hasn't proven anything.
Same for Singletary.

Originally posted by chimp914:
Originally posted by momoney925:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Seattle has pretty good LBs and they're more proven.
Vernon still hasn't proven anything.
Same for Singletary.

wayyy to ruin the mood
Share 49ersWebzone