Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by momoney925:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Period!

We have the best LB in the division, but they have the better LB CORP.
We have a fast TE, but every other teams TE produced the same or more than VD.
We have a motivational first true year HC... so does seattle?so does STL? and um last i checked Ken Whisenhunt took the cards to the superbowl??

think before you speak people.

and last time I checked VD was a probowl alternate last season. Nobody else in the division did that and even more impressive he did it on a Mike Martz team that took VD out of the recieving game.
I would say the 9ers have the better TE in the NFC West.

As far as LB'ers, Willis is the best in the league, Seattle probably has a better group, their better on the outside for sure.

Frank Gore is one of the best in the league, Steven Jackson is also one of the better RB's out there, definite top 2 in the division, 9ers have better depth by far and that makes their unit better.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by susweel:
We got 5 superbowls.....................so now what ???

what does that have to do with anything? we are talking about the current WR's.

Just trying to see the positives.
Seattle can kiss my a$$. One blindside shot and Hasselhoff is done. He's got the back of a 75 year old. Where will all those "posession" receivers up there be then? Up sh*t creek, that's where. Seneca Wallace=whatever. The Seahawks got a bunch of injury-prone wimps, especially in their WR core. They can keep 'em.

Sorry for the rant, I just read that stupid Seahawks fan article in the Crabtree thread, so I'm a little annoyed with anything Seattle right now.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

John Carlson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vernon Davis
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Im happy, but not fully satisfied with our overall WR Corps.(including Crabtree). We are third place in our own division in the WR category.

Cards: Fitz, Boldin, Breastion
Seahawks: T.j. Houzzyomomma , Branch, Burleson
49ers: Morgan, Bruce, Crabtree
Rams: Avery, Burton

So my question to you guys is...are you guys exactly satisfied with the WR group we have...or would you like us to make a key aquistion next year, which may harm us from getting a player we may need for another position.

p.s. the group of WR's we have right now is the best group we've had in years, but are we satisfied for that exact reason, or are we satisfied because its a talent-laden group?

Burleson drops more passes than any other "name" receiver out there. He's even worse than Vernon, and that's saying A LOT. I'll stick with Bruce over Branch. And at this point in their careers, it's arguable if Housh is even an upgrade over Morgan.

I'll take our corps over theirs, thank you.

You may have a point with the statements of burleson, even though he is a factor in their return game/special teams, but your statement of T.J. is ridiculous. Morgan can be a beast and one heck of a player, but do not say that Morgan is better than T.J. thats a bias statement from a bias fan... i love my 49ers dearly, but i think seriously before i make any judgements of horrible magnitude as you just did.

I'll agree it's a biased statement. I am a 49er fan after all. But would you trade Housh for Morgan right now? Contracts and all? No way. Morgan's best years are ahead of him and Housh's have already passed.

Housh. 2008
G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
15 92 904 9.8 60.3 46 4 10 1 51 0

Morgan 2008
12 20 319 16.0 26.6 48T 3 5 1 12 0

Housh is a veteran, started 15 games and filled a #1/#2 receiver role all year. Morgan was a rookie, played as a #3/#4 and started only 1 game.

Keeping those facts in mind I don't think it's a stretch to say Morgan could be just as productive as Housh this season.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I don't think it's a stretch to say Morgan could be just as productive as Housh this season.

WOW! Just wow.
Im happy, but not fully satisfied with our overall WR Corps.(including Crabtree). We are third place in our own division in the WR category.

Cards: Fitz, Boldin, Breastion
Seahawks: T.j. Houzzyomomma , Branch, Burleson
49ers: Morgan, Bruce, Crabtree
Rams: Avery, Burton

So my question to you guys is...are you guys exactly satisfied with the WR group we have...or would you like us to make a key aquistion next year, which may harm us from getting a player we may need for another position.

p.s. the group of WR's we have right now is the best group we've had in years, but are we satisfied for that exact reason, or are we satisfied because its a talent-laden group?

Burleson drops more passes than any other "name" receiver out there. He's even worse than Vernon, and that's saying A LOT. I'll stick with Bruce over Branch. And at this point in their careers, it's arguable if Housh is even an upgrade over Morgan.

I'll take our corps over theirs, thank you.

You may have a point with the statements of burleson, even though he is a factor in their return game/special teams, but your statement of T.J. is ridiculous. Morgan can be a beast and one heck of a player, but do not say that Morgan is better than T.J. thats a bias statement from a bias fan... i love my 49ers dearly, but i think seriously before i make any judgements of horrible magnitude as you just did.

I'll agree it's a biased statement. I am a 49er fan after all. But would you trade Housh for Morgan right now? Contracts and all? No way. Morgan's best years are ahead of him and Housh's have already passed.

Housh. 2008
15 92 904 9.8 60.3 46 4 10 1 51 0

Morgan 2008
12 20 319 16.0 26.6 48T 3 5 1 12 0

Housh is a veteran, started 15 games and filled a #1/#2 receiver role all year. Morgan was a rookie, played as a #3/#4 and started only 1 game.

Keeping those facts in mind I don't think it's a stretch to say Morgan could be just as productive as Housh this season.

Ask that question to anyone outside of San Francisco and get back to me with the results.

Keep in mind if Palmer was healthy all year Hous would have been a 1,100 yard receiver once again last year. Outside of Boldin and Welker he's the best possession receiver in the game. Guys like him and Hines Ward are always underrated.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Dino:
I don't think it's a stretch to say Morgan could be just as productive as Housh this season.

WOW! Just wow.

Don't give me that look!

He will NOT see as many passes playing for Seattle. They have more weapons competing for touches. Plus he's got a new QB and a new offense which will take time to sync with.

My prediction: Housh may see more balls thrown his way, but Morgan will have a better yards per catch avg. and MORE TDs.
Originally posted by chimp914:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Seattle has pretty good LBs and they're more proven.
Vernon still hasn't proven anything.
Same for Singletary.

More proven that Willis and Spikes?? Are you smoking some Washington state home grown?

Please change that "i" in your name to a "u".

They must thin that JP is still there or something
Last i checkd he was in det.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Same for Singletary.

More proven that Willis and Spikes?? Are you smoking some Washington state home grown?

Please change that "i" in your name to a "u".

They must thin that JP is still there or something
Last i checkd he was in det.

They still have Loaf of ta PooPoo, don't they?

AZ's WR are sick no doubt. Housh is a great addition to Seattle. Had he come here we'd all be crowing about how awesome he is. That said, I like our guys regardless if we sign Crabtree or not.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Period!

hawks TE John Carlson did more his rookie year than VD has done in any year
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Same for Singletary.

wayyy to ruin the mood

how about u stop posting...
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
We have a better RB
Better LB
Better Tight End
Better Coach

Same for Singletary.

wayyy to ruin the mood

how about u stop posting...
OH THE IRONING

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think our group is really good. its the least of our worries as a team. just because we dont have two probowlers like arizona and a superbowl mvp like seattle doesnt mean our group isnt good. i like our group of receivers a lot, theyre young, boldin and fitz werent good over night. it takes a little development. Morgan will be a special player, bruce is very good but he is only a stop gap, despite what the zone says i think Hill is a very good receiver, Brandon Jones will be back by game 3 or 4 i think and he is very good, Crabtree for this year wont do anything much i dont think but next year when bruce retires he should be ready to step up, battle is a solid receiver, even the two youngsters in Ziggy and Spurlock look promising. not saying we are as good as AZ's wideouts but we have some young talent that could develop to be pretty damn good. i would much rather use early draft picks and FA pickups on D and O linemen, passrushing OLB's or maybe a QB if we need one.

Very Well put! To me were basing all these belief's and outlooks on the recievers just based of practice --> Spurlock, Jones, Ziggy! When jones was in Tennessee he really didn't do much(but they were in a run first offense). I trully hope for continued success out of Josh Morgan, i have such high belief in his potential and recieving skills

the only people im basing off of practices are ziggy, spurlock and jones. i know jones played for the titans but i didnt follow him much. ive seen Hill, Morgan, Bruce, Battle play in the pros and Crabtree destroy opposing D's in college. of our guys that have been here, Hill could be a solid number 2 guy, Morgan could develop into a number 1 because he showed a lot of signs last year when he came back from his staff infection, Bruce is very dependable, just like Arnaz Battle. battle has been our best target for a very long time, he is sure handed and very tough, a game breaker? no, but a very good possession receiver. he's probably got the highest percentage on the team for converting 3rd downs, not sure if thats a fact but i would bet on it. in his new role, assuming he makes the team, he will be the number 3. he will thrive in that position because he wont be facing other teams best CB anymore, he'll be facing the nickelback because other teams have to account for Morgan and Bruce. i completely forgot about Vernon Davis. he also looks ready to go, in an offense thats gonna feature him more. as we've accumulated more and more threats on offense our existing receivers will continue to look better. i dont know if you remember the years with brandon lloyd and battle when they were the only guys, we had almost no shot at doing anything in the air because we had no other threats. have faith in our youngsters, they will develop nicely in this situation.

I have faith in our young WR's, i trully do. Im making the statement of how much better is our WR corp than last year and do we trully need another W.R. for any of the positions X,Y, or Z. I love Morgan and I loved Crabtree at TTech, but we are holding our breathes on potential. Jones never did anything eye-popping in college or the pro's. Battle is consistent, but is too slow to be our slot wr. Ziggy needs to bulk up before he see's the field anytime soon. Spurlock trully will be on the roster for special teams duty only, he wont see the field as wr...very unproven, but with time he may measure to be a good slot reciever. My point with this thread is, are we really that much better with our WR CORP than last year, if our three starting recievers are going to be the same. Bruce, Morgan, Battle???

the way i see it is this, last year there was a drastic change in everything once nolan was fired. Jason Hill and Josh Morgan emerged as playmakers. these two will be big this year, and if these two are big, battle who always hovers around the 650 yard mark will get more yardage because he wont be covered by the other teams top DB's. its a trickle down effect. the two speedy youngsters are the key to our receivers being more effective. and of course increased involvement of Vernon Davis in the passing game can only help as well. crabtree will come into the picture probably by years end and contribute a little but im not expecting any serious playing time for him until next year. i think we have a solid foundation for a good young receiving corps for years to come. they maybe the same receivers from last year but the situation is totally different. martz's 7 step drops and complicated offense wasnt a good fit for this team. Morgan is healthy this year instead of missing all kinds of time and losing 15lbs to a staff infection, we start out with Hill or Smith instead of that moron JTO. if our line improved (i say if because its hard to judge a line in a preseason game since blitzing isnt used as often as in the regular season) we will be a very potent offense. add frank gore to the mix and defenders will have to account for him, also leaving our receivers to run free while a safety sits in the box to watch gore. were all guessing ofcourse but if i had to guess i would say our receivers are in pretty good shape based on these factors
Share 49ersWebzone