There are 250 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Little More of the Same............

Originally posted by cNiner:
Hill did good , Alex sucked as usual that td he almost blew it never move the O. Coffee good sheets ok pass rush sucked DB good let Denver move up and down due to lack of pass rush but 3 INT, but the good thing is our best players did not play Gore and Willis and our WR's 2 of them are not there the old guy and we have not signed or top pick , so there is room for improvment !

See post 2212 in QB competition thread then realize how ridiculous your opening statement is.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
1st preseason game..

+1

+2

+3

+4
  • rob28
  • Veteran
just look at our roster. no real improvements anywere. oops i forgot we got back moran norris, playoffs here we come! lol its another 7-9 season or worse
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I know the preseason just started, but it didnt look like we made major strides from last year. Our offense (mind you on only 1 drive's worth of analysis) didnt have spark I was hoping for. Just like last season, we put ourselves in bad position and looked to Hill to pull us out. Our o-line sputtered, and Hill was forced to make plays on his own. As for Smith, just as I expected. A lot of bad plays, only to be erased by one semi-good throw for a TD.

Defense.......blah. The only INT I counted was Dre Bly's. The other two were Orton feeling sorry for our defense, and throwing it into our arms. Other than that, we didnt put anything out there to scare anyone. Typical Manusky defense, IMO.

I hope we got some more weapons in our arsenal, or this is just gonna be one of those typical 8-8 seasons.

No you dont or else you wouldn't have started this thread. Your referring to our #1's without our number 1#'s. Joe Toledo was starting for one and Bruce and Gore were missing.

And next time you watch Smith, take off your Smith hating glasses for a sec, he made more good plays then bad but as expected his problem was holding onto the ball too long (which Hill did on occasion as well) Smith actually did something out of character when he threw right at Bailey's side but put it in a good spot for Morgan to get it.

And as for Defense (minus Willis and Harlason, who some would consider key players)... I counted 3 ints since thats what they had. No defense in the NFL earns every takeaway, some of them are gimmies. It happens... especially in PRESEASON!
I think it's pretty clear what we are going to be up against as fans. A conservative, rushing oriented attack, mixing in the occasional play action pass. Take that back to Chicago, Mike. This is California, we are sophisticated, we expect better. It will take about 1/4 of a game for opponents to snuff this one out.

I also found it interesting that when Sing had the chance to apply his, "we're going to run even when they know we're going to run in the 4th quarter" stone age philosophy, we went 3 and out. It looks like we should have had three a day practices in pads to make these guys a little tougher. I'm guessing that we could have practiced in shorts a little more, cut out the stupid Pop Warner nutcracker drill, eased up on the "Physical with an F" nonsense, and achieved the same results.
A Little More of the Same.....

Agreed.

I had hopes that we would be a little more aggressive with Singletary instead of the douchebag coach we had last season. Guess not. It's f**king preseason and you waste a great chance at a 2 minute drill before half-time? What the f**k?

WCOAT* IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD, DON'T TURN INTO A P***Y IN PRESEASON.

I don't care who wins the job after Game 1, but if we still got the least aggressive coaching staff in football, I'm going to be f**king pissed.

*Worst Coach of All Time
Originally posted by singfan:
I think it's pretty clear what we are going to be up against as fans. A conservative, rushing oriented attack, mixing in the occasional play action pass. Take that back to Chicago, Mike. This is California, we are sophisticated, we expect better. It will take about 1/4 of a game for opponents to snuff this one out.

I also found it interesting that when Sing had the chance to apply his, "we're going to run even when they know we're going to run in the 4th quarter" stone age philosophy, we went 3 and out. It looks like we should have had three a day practices in pads to make these guys a little tougher. I'm guessing that we could have practiced in shorts a little more, cut out the stupid Pop Warner nutcracker drill, eased up on the "Physical with an F" nonsense, and achieved the same results.

2000 Ravens SB champs
1998 Broncos SB champs
1985 Bears SB champs
you see where im going with this?
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
I love all of the tools on here saying Alex was terrible. 5-7 69% and a TD. He should have had at least 4 or 5 TD passes. All QBs looked pretty good, even better if you consider our O-line. Open your eyes people, and try to get some use of what little bit is in your head......Yeah its A Little More of the Same, from the fans.

I second that.

We all think preseason tells the story each year its the same. Some teams go 4-0 but suck doing the season heck some go 1-3 and go to the Superbowl so guys please wait and see what happen be happy football is back on.
I love all of the tools on here saying Alex was terrible. 5-7 69% and a TD. He should have had at least 4 or 5 TD passes. All QBs looked pretty good, even better if you consider our O-line. Open your eyes people, and try to get some use of what little bit is in your head......Yeah its A Little More of the Same, from the fans.

listen to this man
Originally posted by mayo63:
Sticking with Lawson and Haralson to produce a pass rush will prove to be the biggest miscalculation this year. Until we find a legit #1 QB the offense will continue to look mediocre.

Denver's O-line is one of the best pass protecting lines in the league. Most of their lineman had less than one sack attributed to them for the entire season last year. Manny was getting rode out of plays by one of the best LT's in the league. If he can dominate the average/below average LT's on a consistent basis, and just hold his own against elite LT's (like Clady) we will be fine.
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
Originally posted by Super5:

I second that.

We all think preseason tells the story each year its the same. Some teams go 4-0 but suck doing the season heck some go 1-3 and go to the Superbowl so guys please wait and see what happen be happy football is back on.

Agreed...

The lions went 4-0 in preseason and then 0-16 in the regular season last year. Also the Colt's went 0-4 in preseason and won the superbowl that year.
Someone needs to dig up the chicken little gif. and start putting it to use on some of the defeatists ready to give up the season over one preseason game.
I don't understand the original poster saying that the only interception he accepts is Dre Bly's.. If anything, his was the one where Orton threw it right to Bly..

I hope we can get 3 INT's every game during the regular season.. Then that would help us win a few more games than last year..

All in all I think we had a fairly good game.. Some guys need to relax.. This is our first game against an actual opponent.. Of course we aren't going to se ever weapon we have in the first game.. And if we would have won 55-10, would you believe we could do it every game during the season? Nope, you'd say, "It's only preseason guys." Some people can never be pleased..

The one thing I do agree: We should have run our two-minute offense before halftime.. I know we were winning, but what a perfect chance to see what we could do with two minutes to go and 2-3 timeouts in our pocket?
@ taking preseason way too seriously
Originally posted by billybonka:
@ taking preseason way too seriously

It's like losing your virginity and latching on to the first girl. People get so psyched up over seeing football for the first time in a long time that they treat it like real football. It's just a phase, people, don't marry it!