There are 195 users in the forums

fight broke out at candlestick in the 3rd QTR!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • walther88
  • Info N/A
So im sitting there enjoying the game, watching alex smith miss the easiest dump pass to glenn coffee, watching the cheerleaders shake oh so nicely, and hoping to catch a glimpse of mike singletary pulling down his pants! when all of a sudden i see everyone in my section get up screaming FIGHT!!!! I immediately stand on my seat, hold on to some girl who was doing the same, and see a niner fan swapping blows with some bronco fan!! i took the human reaction and smiled like "this is great....beat his ass!!" (and he did lol) and a huge roar of cheers from the whole section "LETS GO NINERS" began. when the commossion stopped, i looked at the players and i couldnt help but notice only the 2 non-starters looked, and i thought: have we become to black-hole? where our own players look at us with disgust? that we cheered the loudest in the whole night over a bonco fan get beat and taken out while fans tossed beer at him!! have we as a "niner nation" become as vile and inhumain as the lowly raiders???.........................NAH!! players were just scared of singletary too look, and other fans gotta know dont start no s**t wont be no s**t!! "LETS GO NINERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

but id agree with the zoners leave it alone!!! no class!
[ Edited by walther88 on Aug 15, 2009 at 1:18 PM ]
your last sentence just answered your question. that is a raider attitude. fights at any sporting event is lame and low class.
whats commossion? (sarcasm)
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Aug 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Digger25:
your last sentence just answered your question. that is a raider attitude. fights at any sporting event is lame and low class.

I agree, this is the reason why I stopped going to as many events, i used to go see wresting/baseball/football.. idiots in the stands try to fight and provoke fights to ruin someone else's night, with some kind of caveman mentality.

What happened to people acting with class?
i was at the game in the upper level....All of a sudden I hear some loudass booing behind me even farther up in the level. I look back and I see the cops taking this young looking dude with a JR jersey......I guess they were booing the cops.... Almost everyone on this side of the field was looking up to see the scene.

Then after a couple of minutes, more booing. I look back and theres more cops, but this time taking a middle aged woman....

It was pretty crazy....
People get out of hand at sporting events. That's why I don't go to games, I'm too short tempered.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Was it Smith v Nolan ?

yea to be honest i dont think our fan base is very good anymore. people need to chill out. obviously we need to get loud and make noise for the team but we need to stay classy. getting in fist fights at a game is just dumb imo. the broncos are going to suck bad enough, no need to add insult to injury. i dunno maybe the guy was being a douche and deserved it but still.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

yea to be honest i dont think our fan base is very good anymore. people need to chill out. obviously we need to get loud and make noise for the team but we need to stay classy. getting in fist fights at a game is just dumb imo. the broncos are going to suck bad enough, no need to add insult to injury. i dunno maybe the guy was being a douche and deserved it but still.

Fans in general aren't like they used to be.I blame the younger generation and the people that raised them,lol.I see it all the time,20 somethings that just cannot keep their cool.It is the generation of wanna be gangstas and tough guys,some of them need their asses kicked,we have a few of them that post regularly on this site.Niners fans used to be known for being classy fans,but it seems now that we have been infected by the generation of instant gratification hothead know-nothings just like everyone else.
It's funny how people b*tch and moan about how our crowd is too soft, but then when something like this happens they b*tch and moan about not having class. You get one or the other. The whole "our fans have class" crap is bogus. Every team has rowdy fans that will cause fights now and then. That's the way it is with ANY GATHERING, not just sporting events. If there's 50,000+ people at an event, only an ignorant fool would expect everyone there to be "classy." The fact of the matter is the loud-mouth, rowdy fans that are susceptible to fighting are the same type of fans that cause other stadiums to make ours seem like it's full of deaf and mute people. Our crowds SUCK, but not because there are a few rowdy people, it's because of all the whiny ass fans that complain about EVERYTHING. As long as the fight has nothing to do with me, I really don't give a damn. You people should stop worrying about the stupid whine and cheese image our crowds have maintained because trust me, NOBODY ELSE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE CLASSINESS OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FANS. NOBODY!

Well i dont have a problem with rowdy fans, like i said if the broncos fan was being a douche and he deserved it then fine. but if he was getting his ass kicked just for tryin to watch his team play then thats f**ked up. and you can be loud and cheer your team or voice your displeasure with out beating someones ass and then beating your chest. just look at the warriors crowds they get loud for their team whether they win or not. just look at the kings crowds from a few years ago they were one of the loudest fanbases in sports. just look at seahawk fans, they have some douchebag fans but they make noise bx actually making noise, not kicking someones ass.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
i was at the game in the upper level....All of a sudden I hear some loudass booing behind me even farther up in the level. I look back and I see the cops taking this young looking dude with a JR jersey......I guess they were booing the cops.... Almost everyone on this side of the field was looking up to see the scene.

Then after a couple of minutes, more booing. I look back and theres more cops, but this time taking a middle aged woman....

It was pretty crazy....

I saw both fights. I was wondering why they were taking away the dude with the Rice jersey. There were an awful lot of cops for something that didn't look like a big deal.

The fight on the other side of the stadium behind the Niners bench looked more like a brawl. It looked like a mosh pit from where I was sitting. Then I see about a dozen or so cops running toward it from on the field, and they only took one guy away! I couldn't see that much.

Good times.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Well i dont have a problem with rowdy fans, like i said if the broncos fan was being a douche and he deserved it then fine. but if he was getting his ass kicked just for tryin to watch his team play then thats f**ked up. and you can be loud and cheer your team or voice your displeasure with out beating someones ass and then beating your chest. just look at the warriors crowds they get loud for their team whether they win or not. just look at the kings crowds from a few years ago they were one of the loudest fanbases in sports. just look at seahawk fans, they have some douchebag fans but they make noise bx actually making noise, not kicking someones ass.

Lol I am only speaking for myself when I say this, but I cant see myself ever just walking up and punching someone for the team they support. Who knows though....
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny how people b*tch and moan about how our crowd is too soft, but then when something like this happens they b*tch and moan about not having class. You get one or the other. The whole "our fans have class" crap is bogus. Every team has rowdy fans that will cause fights now and then. That's the way it is with ANY GATHERING, not just sporting events. If there's 50,000+ people at an event, only an ignorant fool would expect everyone there to be "classy." The fact of the matter is the loud-mouth, rowdy fans that are susceptible to fighting are the same type of fans that cause other stadiums to make ours seem like it's full of deaf and mute people. Our crowds SUCK, but not because there are a few rowdy people, it's because of all the whiny ass fans that complain about EVERYTHING. As long as the fight has nothing to do with me, I really don't give a damn. You people should stop worrying about the stupid whine and cheese image our crowds have maintained because trust me, NOBODY ELSE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE CLASSINESS OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FANS. NOBODY!

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! Couldn't have said it better.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Amen Brother.
Share 49ersWebzone