LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

fight broke out at candlestick in the 3rd QTR!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
What kind of idiots fight in a preseason game, that's just stupid and not worth it.
shaun hill fan vs alex smith fan? its a touchy subject around niner fans
Originally posted by walther88:
So im sitting there enjoying the game, watching alex smith miss the easiest dump pass to glenn coffee, watching the cheerleaders shake oh so nicely, and hoping to catch a glimpse of mike singletary pulling down his pants! when all of a sudden i see everyone in my section get up screaming FIGHT!!!! I immediately stand on my seat, hold on to some girl who was doing the same, and see a niner fan swapping blows with some bronco fan!! i took the human reaction and smiled like "this is great....beat his ass!!" (and he did lol) and a huge roar of cheers from the whole section "LETS GO NINERS" began. when the commossion stopped, i looked at the players and i couldnt help but notice only the 2 non-starters looked, and i thought: have we become to black-hole? where our own players look at us with disgust? that we cheered the loudest in the whole night over a bonco fan get beat and taken out while fans tossed beer at him!! have we as a "niner nation" become as vile and inhumain as the lowly raiders???.........................NAH!! players were just scared of singletary too look, and other fans gotta know dont start no s**t wont be no s**t!! "LETS GO NINERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

but id agree with the zoners leave it alone!!! no class!

Best reason to support beer sales cut off at half time.
When I go to a game, I want to see professional athletes at the top of their game play and not just a couple of liquored up fools who nine out of ten times have no idea how to fight.
Originally posted by jwhandloff:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Digger25:
your last sentence just answered your question. that is a raider attitude. fights at any sporting event is lame and low class.

yea to be honest i dont think our fan base is very good anymore. people need to chill out. obviously we need to get loud and make noise for the team but we need to stay classy. getting in fist fights at a game is just dumb imo. the broncos are going to suck bad enough, no need to add insult to injury. i dunno maybe the guy was being a douche and deserved it but still.

Fans in general aren't like they used to be.I blame the younger generation and the people that raised them,lol.I see it all the time,20 somethings that just cannot keep their cool.It is the generation of wanna be gangstas and tough guys,some of them need their asses kicked,we have a few of them that post regularly on this site.Niners fans used to be known for being classy fans,but it seems now that we have been infected by the generation of instant gratification hothead know-nothings just like everyone else.

You said it best, it's the people that raised those 20 somethings! ummm...your generation gramps!

Not quite a gramps yet, but I would sure like to meet some of these parents that let their kids run wild and fail to teach them to be responsible adults. Not that it excuses the thug generation from their behavior, right and wrong are not dependent on how old you are, they are the same whether you are 13 or 38.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
your last sentence just answered your question. that is a raider attitude. fights at any sporting event is lame and low class.
okay so if some guy is slapping around your girl your are gonna be a pusssy and do nothing about it. FAIL FAIL FAIL

so he was slapping around the guys girlfriend? were you there?
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny how people b*tch and moan about how our crowd is too soft, but then when something like this happens they b*tch and moan about not having class. You get one or the other. The whole "our fans have class" crap is bogus. Every team has rowdy fans that will cause fights now and then. That's the way it is with ANY GATHERING, not just sporting events. If there's 50,000+ people at an event, only an ignorant fool would expect everyone there to be "classy." The fact of the matter is the loud-mouth, rowdy fans that are susceptible to fighting are the same type of fans that cause other stadiums to make ours seem like it's full of deaf and mute people. Our crowds SUCK, but not because there are a few rowdy people, it's because of all the whiny ass fans that complain about EVERYTHING. As long as the fight has nothing to do with me, I really don't give a damn. You people should stop worrying about the stupid whine and cheese image our crowds have maintained because trust me, NOBODY ELSE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE CLASSINESS OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FANS. NOBODY!

I worked concerts/events for over 20 years and you bro are dead wrong on that being the way it is at any gathering.I would say that I have only seen 10-20 fights in the well over 3,000 concert/events I have worked.Some of those were even Slayer concerts.It isn't about being classy or quiet,it is about respecting your fellow fans.Only a total douche bag would start a fight at a game and try to chalk it up as being a good fan.Class never hurts and it is sure better than looking like a dumb douche and missing the rest of the game because you think fighting proves you aren't a dumb ass douche bag.

Apples and Oranges.

At a concert, everyone there is supporting one band. There is no need for an argument. At a sporting event, there are two groups of people rooting for two different teams, which can spark tension and arguments.

How is this Apples and Oranges, we are all fans of the NFL and Football.

I would like to think that any FAN has the right to go to there teams away game with out getting harassed. I will also say that we don't know who started this fight or what it was over. For all we know the Denver fan could have said or done something way over the line, and deserved a good woopin.

Still, I believe that class is important for any fan base, but will admit that one fight is not the sign on having no class. NO CLASS is what raiders fans have, not letting fans of the other teams use the restrooms and dowsing young kids with beer and food. These are all things I have witnessed at Raiders games, and are completely BS.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by Ether:
It's funny how people b*tch and moan about how our crowd is too soft, but then when something like this happens they b*tch and moan about not having class. You get one or the other. The whole "our fans have class" crap is bogus. Every team has rowdy fans that will cause fights now and then. That's the way it is with ANY GATHERING, not just sporting events. If there's 50,000+ people at an event, only an ignorant fool would expect everyone there to be "classy." The fact of the matter is the loud-mouth, rowdy fans that are susceptible to fighting are the same type of fans that cause other stadiums to make ours seem like it's full of deaf and mute people. Our crowds SUCK, but not because there are a few rowdy people, it's because of all the whiny ass fans that complain about EVERYTHING. As long as the fight has nothing to do with me, I really don't give a damn. You people should stop worrying about the stupid whine and cheese image our crowds have maintained because trust me, NOBODY ELSE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE CLASSINESS OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FANS. NOBODY!

I worked concerts/events for over 20 years and you bro are dead wrong on that being the way it is at any gathering.I would say that I have only seen 10-20 fights in the well over 3,000 concert/events I have worked.Some of those were even Slayer concerts.It isn't about being classy or quiet,it is about respecting your fellow fans.Only a total douche bag would start a fight at a game and try to chalk it up as being a good fan.Class never hurts and it is sure better than looking like a dumb douche and missing the rest of the game because you think fighting proves you aren't a dumb ass douche bag.

Apples and Oranges.

At a concert, everyone there is supporting one band. There is no need for an argument. At a sporting event, there are two groups of people rooting for two different teams, which can spark tension and arguments.

How is this Apples and Oranges, we are all fans of the NFL and Football.

I would like to think that any FAN has the right to go to there teams away game with out getting harassed. I will also say that we don't know who started this fight or what it was over. For all we know the Denver fan could have said or done something way over the line, and deserved a good woopin.

Still, I believe that class is important for any fan base, but will admit that one fight is not the sign on having no class. NO CLASS is what raiders fans have, not letting fans of the other teams use the restrooms and dowsing young kids with beer and food. These are all things I have witnessed at Raiders games, and are completely BS.

I think the apples and oranges was aimed at the fact I worked concerts and events. That being said,angry drunks happen just as often at concerts,I have had to put the hammer down on a few guys over my career for being drunk a*****es and acting a fool.Nothing like a drunk Slayer fan that wants to mosh where the girls went to get away from the pit.

okay so if some guy is slapping around your girl your are gonna be a pusssy and do nothing about it.

FAIL FAIL FAIL

LOL! no, fail on your part. we aretalking about a sporting event, not a night club.

but for argument's sake: no. I would not p***y out. I would do what I know I can do and lay someone out. BUT, that's last resort. see, there's a difference between looking for trouble and getting out if it.

BTW, you shouldn't assume people to be pussies based on Internet opinions.

and really, the problem of today's young people is that they are always trying to prove something. prove how tough they are. prove how manly they are. real tough guys don't need to do that s**t. that kinda attitude and actions are for insecure punks. nuf said.
alchohol + testosterone = fights

okay so if some guy is slapping around your girl your are gonna be a pusssy and do nothing about it.

FAIL FAIL FAIL

LOL! no, fail on your part. we aretalking about a sporting event, not a night club.

but for argument's sake: no. I would not p***y out. I would do what I know I can do and lay someone out. BUT, that's last resort. see, there's a difference between looking for trouble and getting out if it.

BTW, you shouldn't assume people to be pussies based on Internet opinions.

and really, the problem of today's young people is that they are always trying to prove something. prove how tough they are. prove how manly they are. real tough guys don't need to do that s**t. that kinda attitude and actions are for insecure punks. nuf said.

Amen

Post of the year!
Originally posted by walther88:
So im sitting there enjoying the game, watching alex smith miss the easiest dump pass to glenn coffee, watching the cheerleaders shake oh so nicely, and hoping to catch a glimpse of mike singletary pulling down his pants! when all of a sudden i see everyone in my section get up screaming FIGHT!!!! I immediately stand on my seat, hold on to some girl who was doing the same, and see a niner fan swapping blows with some bronco fan!! i took the human reaction and smiled like "this is great....beat his ass!!" (and he did lol) and a huge roar of cheers from the whole section "LETS GO NINERS" began. when the commossion stopped, i looked at the players and i couldnt help but notice only the 2 non-starters looked, and i thought: have we become to black-hole? where our own players look at us with disgust? that we cheered the loudest in the whole night over a bonco fan get beat and taken out while fans tossed beer at him!! have we as a "niner nation" become as vile and inhumain as the lowly raiders???.........................NAH!! players were just scared of singletary too look, and other fans gotta know dont start no s**t wont be no s**t!! "LETS GO NINERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

but id agree with the zoners leave it alone!!! no class!

yea i saw that fight, look like pretty intense stuff, that was during the clayton injury right?

I've been to sporting events for all sports all around the country. you are wrong. I understand your statement about our wine and cheese fandom, but come on. THIS IS THE BAY AREA. I noticed that fans kinda take on a persona of their city (I.E. GB=cheeseheads). but that has really nothing o do with being passionate fans or loud supportive fans. you know that whole 12th man s**t in Seattle? loud rowdy fans right? well, they fans are some if the nicest people I have met, and I have been to many games up there-in niner gear. anyway, sporting events should really be about supporting your team, not bashing the opponents fans.

I've been to sporting events for all sports all around the country. you are wrong. I understand your statement about our wine and cheese fandom, but come on. THIS IS THE BAY AREA. I noticed that fans kinda take on a persona of their city (I.E. GB=cheeseheads). but that has really nothing o do with being passionate fans or loud supportive fans. you know that whole 12th man s**t in Seattle? loud rowdy fans right? well, they fans are some if the nicest people I have met, and I have been to many games up there-in niner gear. anyway, sporting events should really be about supporting your team, not bashing the opponents fans.

Well said Digger.
Share 49ersWebzone