There are 127 users in the forums

fight broke out at candlestick in the 3rd QTR!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Fighting over sports teams is just plain stupidity.
Originally posted by walther88:
So im sitting there enjoying the game, watching alex smith miss the easiest dump pass to glenn coffee, watching the cheerleaders shake oh so nicely, and hoping to catch a glimpse of mike singletary pulling down his pants! when all of a sudden i see everyone in my section get up screaming FIGHT!!!! I immediately stand on my seat, hold on to some girl who was doing the same, and see a niner fan swapping blows with some bronco fan!! i took the human reaction and smiled like "this is great....beat his ass!!" (and he did lol) and a huge roar of cheers from the whole section "LETS GO NINERS" began. when the commossion stopped, i looked at the players and i couldnt help but notice only the 2 non-starters looked, and i thought: have we become to black-hole? where our own players look at us with disgust? that we cheered the loudest in the whole night over a bonco fan get beat and taken out while fans tossed beer at him!! have we as a "niner nation" become as vile and inhumain as the lowly raiders???.........................NAH!! players were just scared of singletary too look, and other fans gotta know dont start no s**t wont be no s**t!! "LETS GO NINERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

but id agree with the zoners leave it alone!!! no class!

So did you go to the game to see a fight or were you secretly hoping to catch a glimps of Sings bare butt?

Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny how people b*tch and moan about how our crowd is too soft, but then when something like this happens they b*tch and moan about not having class. You get one or the other. The whole "our fans have class" crap is bogus. Every team has rowdy fans that will cause fights now and then. That's the way it is with ANY GATHERING, not just sporting events. If there's 50,000+ people at an event, only an ignorant fool would expect everyone there to be "classy." The fact of the matter is the loud-mouth, rowdy fans that are susceptible to fighting are the same type of fans that cause other stadiums to make ours seem like it's full of deaf and mute people. Our crowds SUCK, but not because there are a few rowdy people, it's because of all the whiny ass fans that complain about EVERYTHING. As long as the fight has nothing to do with me, I really don't give a damn. You people should stop worrying about the stupid whine and cheese image our crowds have maintained because trust me, NOBODY ELSE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE CLASSINESS OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FANS. NOBODY!

I worked concerts/events for over 20 years and you bro are dead wrong on that being the way it is at any gathering.I would say that I have only seen 10-20 fights in the well over 3,000 concert/events I have worked.Some of those were even Slayer concerts.It isn't about being classy or quiet,it is about respecting your fellow fans.Only a total douche bag would start a fight at a game and try to chalk it up as being a good fan.Class never hurts and it is sure better than looking like a dumb douche and missing the rest of the game because you think fighting proves you aren't a dumb ass douche bag.
Originally posted by Digger25:
your last sentence just answered your question. that is a raider attitude. fights at any sporting event is lame and low class.

Yup, no doubt. This is just so stupid. What happened to fans of both teams out in the parking lot tailgating together. You shouldnt have to worry about going to a (any) game and worry about getting into a fight.
I wouldn't get all worked up about fights at football games.

Think about it. Theres people, and a lot of them are young people in their early 20's. They talk trash with opposing team's fans. Their drunk.

Does it all add up now?
I have to say, I was at the game last night and I am truly embarassed by our fans. To compare the fans we had in the 80s to the fans we have now is depressing. We are no better than the raiders, and I feel like I am in gang territory when I go to the game. I am actually scared to look at someone in fear he might take it the wrong way. I am completely ashamed of our fan base.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I have to say, I was at the game last night and I am truly embarassed by our fans. To compare the fans we had in the 80s to the fans we have now is depressing. We are no better than the raiders, and I feel like I am in gang territory when I go to the game. I am actually scared to look at someone in fear he might take it the wrong way. I am completely ashamed of our fan base.

How can you even compare our fans to the Raider fans? Some Niner fans get into fights at games because they get into arguements with opposing teams' fans. One guy says some bulls**t, the other guy does too, tempers flare, and punches are thrown.

At Raider games, you'd get jumped just for being an opposing teams' fan. Thats not class.

I went to the game yesterday. There was a Bronco fan in my section who looked to be about 25ish...Not one person said a word to him. Not one. He enjoyed the game, we enjoyed ours. He cheered when the Broncos played well, and we cheered when the Niners played well.

Stop comparing our fans to the raiders fans. Theres a BIG difference.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

How can you even compare our fans to the Raider fans? Some Niner fans get into fights at games because they get into arguements with opposing teams' fans. One guy says some bulls**t, the other guy does too, tempers flare, and punches are thrown.

At Raider games, you'd get jumped just for being an opposing teams' fan. Thats not class.

I went to the game yesterday. There was a Bronco fan in my section who looked to be about 25ish...Not one person said a word to him. Not one. He enjoyed the game, we enjoyed ours. He cheered when the Broncos played well, and we cheered when the Niners played well.

Stop comparing our fans to the raiders fans. Theres a BIG difference.

I'm hoping this trend will cease once the niners start winning again. I believe that ticksets will be harder to come by, and more expensive, therefore preventing all the classless people from attending.
Just because youre not rich doesnt mean youre classless. im not rich but i consider myself a good fan. i dunno though.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Just because youre not rich doesnt mean youre classless. im not rich but i consider myself a good fan. i dunno though.

I didn't say if you're not rich you don't have class, but I am saying that if you are classless, it is more likely than not that you don't have money.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I didn't say if you're not rich you don't have class, but I am saying that if you are classless, it is more likely than not that you don't have money.

You just turned your logic backwards, hoping to prove that you didn't say something that you did.....

" If you're not rich you don't have class"

" If you are classless, you don't have money"

Looks the same to me bro..
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
they need to raise the ticket prices to weed out the riff raff.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by Dino:
Share 49ersWebzone