There are 217 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
"For anyone angry with the last 3 run plays, are you kidding me? Let's say you pass on 3rd and you don't convert, now you're giving the vikings a time out on their drive down the field, which as you saw, was hard enough to defend with them having 0 timeouts."

Who said anything about passing on 3rd down? When everyone thinks you're going to do one thing you do the opposite. Short roll out or quick pass on 1st down would have forced the D to reconsider what we were going to do.
  • redngoldnmyveins
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheChosenOne:
Everyone here needs to chill....

Listen the niners according 2 everyone except here in Ninerland were suppose to lose this game, we lost. The Vikings are w a y over rated period!

No need to blame anyone, lets just take the positives n move on....We will make the playoff this season, niners r all geared-up for these kind of games!!!!

G O N I N E R S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're bk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vikings did nothing to win except..that raye smarts plays....
we stop them..so many times..but our fabolous rayes plays
we did not work at all
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.

And if Hills threw a pick you guys would be all over Raye regardless. Straight hatin!

no thats the play you make to win ask any winning head coach and they would have thrown for the first thats how u win close games. you can win if you dnt try to win.

A team that has a s**tty defense would throw it on 3rd down. Ask any GOOD coach in the league.

Actually no, if Hill throws a pick it wouldn't have been Raye's fault.

Plus, If no one was open for Hill to throw to all he had to do was run or take a sack. It's not rocket science.

Fire Raye.

YEAH FIRE RAYE WOOOHOOOO!!!! THAT'S THE ANSWER! OOOOHH YOU KNOW IT!

Do you have a clue about anything? We fire Raye, we will NOT make the playoffs, but you can keep thinking that way.

Originally posted by Jcool:
With Min. having 3 time outs its irresponsible not to try one pass, since you know they are going to call time outs right away and will be stacking the box

exactly, team knew that the clock was going to stop anyway., why not try a pass play
Mark Roman sucks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh yeah, and the refs frickin screwed us in this game.....a big eff you to them too.

I would like to echo this sentiment.

For anyone angry with the last 3 run plays, are you kidding me? Let's say you pass on 3rd and you don't convert, now you're giving the vikings a time out on their drive down the field, which as you saw, was hard enough to defend with them having 0 timeouts.

I don't know how to explain the loss, it was a miracle on their part.

But the run plays were expected, a play-action pass wouldn't have been.

Play action, QB bootleg the other way. We just show them what we're going to do and try to cram it down their throat even if they're stuffing us for losses.
Originally posted by NP9er:
"For anyone angry with the last 3 run plays, are you kidding me? Let's say you pass on 3rd and you don't convert, now you're giving the vikings a time out on their drive down the field, which as you saw, was hard enough to defend with them having 0 timeouts."

Who said anything about passing on 3rd down? When everyone thinks you're going to do one thing you do the opposite. Short roll out or quick pass on 1st down would have forced the D to reconsider what we were going to do.

What you do on 3rd down is a play action rollout. Give Hill the opportunity to pass if a reciever is open, run if there is a window, and if it comes to worse he just takes a sack and the Vikings burn a timeout.

Raye is a f**kin idiot.
Yeah, that sucked.
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.

And if Hills threw a pick you guys would be all over Raye regardless. Straight hatin!

no thats the play you make to win ask any winning head coach and they would have thrown for the first thats how u win close games. you can win if you dnt try to win.

A team that has a s**tty defense would throw it on 3rd down. Ask any GOOD coach in the league.

Plus, If no one was open for Hill to throw to all he had to do was run or take a sack. It's not rocket science.

Fire Raye.

Are you serious? Why in the world are you going to risk ANYTHING happening by trying to pass the ball? The left side of the offensive line is Barry f**king Sims and Tony Wragge. Dropping back to pass and relying on those two to protect Hill is absolutely idiotic.

I'm sorry, but Raye made the right call and I'm sure Singletary had a voice in what was happening. You HAVE to rely on the best part of this team and that is far and away the defense. The only reason they were in the game at all is because of them and ten times out of ten I'm going to let the game rest on their shoulders.
  • redngoldnmyveins
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NP9er:

they knew the we were going to run......there is play action pass
... they knew...it was a runnnnnnnnnnn.....

• ptw1
  • Veteran
Raye called the right plays at the end. However, there were plenty of times during the game in which he called questionable plays. For the lift of me I do not understand why Roman is on the team. They invested draft picks in Smith, Hudson and Taylor. I know they're unproven but that is better than it being proven someone can't do it (Roman). I told my friends I was watching the game that the 9ers were going to lost because of him. At one point back in GB he may have been productive but now he serves no purpose. The only positive that can come out of this is if he finally has played his last game for the 9ers.
What happened to Staley?

I saw Simms in there for most of the 4th QTR.

Fire Raye.

Do you have a clue about anything? We fire Raye, we will NOT make the playoffs, but you can keep thinking that way.

Yeah thats all we need to get a new coordinator in 7 years as it is we are just geling into this new offense no thanks we have to gutt it out

FIREYING RAYE WOULD JUST BE LUDICROUS AT THIS POINT.

Fire Raye.

Oh my bad, I forgot. You and Raye are the only ones smart enough to call runs up the middle 80 million times in one game.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Fire Raye.

Are you serious? Why in the world are you going to risk ANYTHING happening by trying to pass the ball? The left side of the offensive line is Barry f**king Sims and Tony Wragge. Dropping back to pass and relying on those two to protect Hill is absolutely idiotic.

I'm sorry, but Raye made the right call and I'm sure Singletary had a voice in what was happening. You HAVE to rely on the best part of this team and that is far and away the defense. The only reason they were in the game at all is because of them and ten times out of ten I'm going to let the game rest on their shoulders.

Share 49ersWebzone