LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
If we signed Crabtree, we would never use him.

no doubt

Exactly.

I remeber steve young on draft day pleading for jimmy raye to please use crabtree in the offense.....he wouln't have.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh yeah, and the refs frickin screwed us in this game.....a big eff you to them too.

I would like to echo this sentiment.

For anyone angry with the last 3 run plays, are you kidding me? Let's say you pass on 3rd and you don't convert, now you're giving the vikings a time out on their drive down the field, which as you saw, was hard enough to defend with them having 0 timeouts.

I don't know how to explain the loss, it was a miracle on their part.

But the run plays were expected, a play-action pass wouldn't have been.

With the Viking TOs....our last thre and out bled about 20 seconds off the clock.
Originally posted by Envy:
Echo some of the points made on here. Its okay the run being our base but we were getting some joy in the air. We pushed them back 80 yards by mixing it up. Are we so poor we cant push them back 10? 1 first down and it would have been enough.

Raye and I suspect Coach Sing too need to realise winning doesn't always have to be ugly.

I totally agree. I might understand running on 1st down as well as 2nd, but when it comes to 3rd and 6, take a chance and throw the ball. The reward seems greater than the risk to me.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The touchdown by Favre was legit.

He did have both feet in bounds.

-9fA

If Roman could lay a hit on the guy then he wouldn't have caught it!

You realize you're talking about Roman right? The guy that's always in a trailing position?
i learned two things today, one i think shaun hill should get respect around the league now.

2. crabtree can take a hike, we don't need him to win. In fact i say niners should cut off all contact with this clown, its a distraction we don't need, time to move on.
  • diehard68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
what a great game. what a gutty performance but the Niners.

It f**king hurts and sucks total ass that we lost, but to lose on a desperation play, on the road, to a Super Bowl contender having their home opener? Really, not bad at all. we played our asses off and we'll get our revenge in the playoffs.

Your right. But we had that game in our hands. Damn I have prevent defense.

we certainly should've just keep doing what we were doing defensively and playing the receivers tight. But really that was an amazing catch and the coverage was decent. Not much else we could have done about that. If Smith gets a step more inside and Manny gets there a second sooner, the game would have been over.

I agree. we could have played things a little differently. maybe the play calling with 1:30 left to go was too conservative. You should be thinking you can't give the ball back to Favre with that much time left. But we showed a hell of a lot of NAD going into the Metrodome and standing up to the Vikes that way. Singletary has got this team believing in themselves.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.

And if Hills threw a pick you guys would be all over Raye regardless. Straight hatin!

no thats the play you make to win ask any winning head coach and they would have thrown for the first thats how u win close games. you can win if you dnt try to win.

A team that has a s**tty defense would throw it on 3rd down. Ask any GOOD coach in the league.

Actually no, if Hill throws a pick it wouldn't have been Raye's fault.

Plus, If no one was open for Hill to throw to all he had to do was run or take a sack. It's not rocket science.

Fire Raye.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.

And if Hills threw a pick you guys would be all over Raye regardless. Straight hatin!

no thats the play you make to win ask any winning head coach and they would have thrown for the first thats how u win close games. you can win if you dnt try to win.

A team that has a s**tty defense would throw it on 3rd down. Ask any GOOD coach in the league.
no a coach who want to win and be agressive would like the pats or colts or any other top notch team. you play to win like edwards said. you dont sit there and give them a chance you go for the kill when its there.
i think we should of keep kory sheet...
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I hate to say it but great throw and catch...If only that DE would have pulled Favre down

Or if Roman wasn't the DB that let him catch the ball.

i know why crabtree doesnt want to sign and even play on this offense
I just puked. I really hope this fires our guys up for the rest of the season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
With Min. having 3 time outs its irresponsible not to try one pass, since you know they are going to call time outs right away and will be stacking the box
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Actually no, if Hill throws a pick it wouldn't have been Raye's fault.

Plus, If no one was open for Hill to throw to all he had to do was run or take a sack. It's not rocket science.

Fire Raye.

YEAH FIRE RAYE WOOOHOOOO!!!! THAT'S THE ANSWER! OOOOHH YOU KNOW IT!

Do you have a clue about anything? We fire Raye, we will NOT make the playoffs, but you can keep thinking that way.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I hate to say it but great throw and catch...If only that DE would have pulled Favre down

Or if Roman wasn't the DB that let him catch the ball.

Or if raye wasn't such a dumbf**k
Share 49ersWebzone