There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

A little fun & games from our friends at PurplePride.org . . . 49er look-a-like thread

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php/topic,53330.0.html
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
A little fun & games from our friends at PurplePride.org . . . 49er look-a-like thread

haha some of those from the 2nd page on are pretty good haha. their gonna curse the day they ever made fun of willis tho. just wait and see what happens to their precious team when willis comes to town
Lot of people voting this as the game of the week. Said people are not sure how legit we are and this is the exact game to show off our defense. Let's do this s**t baby!

Hopefully our passing game steps it up (don't see that happening the way it has been going to far though). Gore will need 3 runs of 80+ yards on Sunday!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Brett Favre:

[ Edited by B650 on Sep 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The Shaun Hill George Bush one was epic.
Since this is the vikings home opener we could easily get blown out.

The well have a bunch of energy, if we are still in it around half time we could pull off the upset.

On the flip side.. if we come out like we did against the seahawks and CONVERT our chances and go up 21-0 before the end of the half...we killed all their momentum and energy and we force Favre to beat us through the air.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Can't lie its funny 4 realz.

The Patrick Willis one though.
Shaun Hill gets 3 td passes...Frank Gore gets 150 on the ground...niners win it 35-10...just a rough prediction
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

The well have a bunch of energy, if we are still in it around half time we could pull off the upset.

On the flip side.. if we come out like we did against the seahawks and CONVERT our chances and go up 21-0 before the end of the half...we killed all their momentum and energy and we force Favre to beat us through the air.

You could've said the same thing against the Cardinals. Not only was it their home opener, it was their season opener. Didn't seem to matter much. Our guys just look prepared; like they can handle anything.
haha some of those pics were dead on
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM ]
This game is going to come down to our OL - and if we can pressure Brett Favre. We can't assume as we did last week that 4 rushers will put consistent pressure on Favre against that OL. That would be a colossal mistake.

The 49ers need to start OUT with PA passing - and if Jones is going to be in the game, we have to get him involved early. They'll double Bruce and Davis with run-blitz. Jared Allen is good and must be accounted for on every snap - very much like Justin Smith but has better supporting talent at the LOS.

This is the time Raye should feature D-Love and/or Morgan. Scheme away from tendencies.

And for the love of God - NO TASER BULLs**t.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

You could've said the same thing against the Cardinals. Not only was it their home opener, it was their season opener. Didn't seem to matter much. Our guys just look prepared; like they can handle anything.

Thats true

But I still think we need to convert our chances

Some of those 3's and punts need to = 7's
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

haha some of those from the 2nd page on are pretty good haha. their gonna curse the day they ever made fun of willis tho. just wait and see what happens to their precious team when willis comes to town

The wizard/davis one is hilarious!
I thought this kind of funny how a vikes fan was comparing us to them last year.

"Is it me or does San Fran remind anyone else of us the last couple years, a solid running game, shutdown D, but a QB away from being a legit contender??"

and this was said my a mod...

"QB - Edge - Vikings. Favre may i say more?
HB - Edge - Vikings. Gore is good but no where near AP and coffee is no where near CT
WR - Edge - Vikings. When healthy our recievers can burn just about any team
Oline- Edge - Vikings. I really dont follow oline so i dont know anybody on the 9ers but our oline is pretty good.
TE - Edge - Push. Davis is a beast but shiance is coming up fast
Dline - Edge - Vikings. Williams wall plus allen is enough but edwards seems like this is his year to sneak up on everyone
LB - Edge - slighty Vikings. 9ers have willis but altogether we have the edge
secondary - Edge - 49ers. I like our secondary but 9ers are better with clements and company
Special teams - Edge - push. No one dominates in special teams but allen rossum and harvin can take it back just about any time

Should be a good game but i expect a blowout"

This is from a mod or "coordinator" over there at the Viking forum.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Sep 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Just in case anyone from that forum is reading this:

49ers:

Vikings: