LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Fitzgerald is going to light Clements up like a christmas tree. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.
yea like fitz lit him up the past 2 years...
That was before Clements was getting beat by scrubs like Kassim Osgood. If Clements can't cover those guys, just imagine what Fitz will do.
For the last time, can we dump this notion that Clements guards Fitzgerald. WALT HARRIS IS THE ONE WHO COVERED FITZGERALD FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE PAST 3 SEASONS. I've said this from the moment it happened...losing Walt Harris was the biggest change of the offseason. He's a HUGE loss to the secondary.
Okay, hold on, timeout. Walt Harris was a good solid cornerback, a veteran. He did have some absolutely horrible games (Saints game @the stick). Please don't act like he was something he's not.

he might be right actually. i seem to remember hearing something about walt being the one d-ing up on fitz before. itd make sense because nate is a better match up physically with boldin. i thought nate may have covered fitz in the mnf game though but i could be wrong.

i like our cbs matchups with their wrs, well as much as you can vs fitz, breaston, and boldin. nate vs boldin is better than nate vs fitz because boldin is the more physical of the 2. spencer is i think our tallest cb and has long arms vs the 6'4" fitz. hopefully the d holds up.

Actually, it was Donald Strickland who was on Fitz at the end of the game when we last beat them in Ariz, two years ago. I think they'll go with the committee approach on Fitz.

I hope Boldin gets introduced to Goldson early. Should be quite a collison.

I hope Beanie Wells gets introduced to Willis early. Could be the end of Wells' NFL career.

I hope whatever flavor of defense we've been hiding all preseason gets unveiled, finally, and that it includes plenty of pressure on Warner as its primary ingredient. Otherwise, it may not matter who's guarding Fitz.

I think it will start out as a close game, but I expect the Niners to OWN the fourth quarter, to just wear Arizona down as the game goes on.

This!
Florio and Rosenthal see a niners win.

49ers (0-0) at Cardinals (0-0)
4:15 p.m. ET, FOX

It'll take a few weeks for the Cardinals to get used to being the hunted for the first time since Harry Truman lived in the White House. Coincidentally, Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner voted for him.

Pick: 49ers 23, Cardinals 16

I really hope it ends this way.

go niners!

he might be right actually. i seem to remember hearing something about walt being the one d-ing up on fitz before. itd make sense because nate is a better match up physically with boldin. i thought nate may have covered fitz in the mnf game though but i could be wrong.

i like our cbs matchups with their wrs, well as much as you can vs fitz, breaston, and boldin. nate vs boldin is better than nate vs fitz because boldin is the more physical of the 2. spencer is i think our tallest cb and has long arms vs the 6'4" fitz. hopefully the d holds up.

How sweet would it be if Spencer gets a hit on Fitzgerald like the one he put on Kitna?
how about if he hits Warner like that? if so he'd be able to chat with his buddy jesus in person!
I hope the defense comes out & gets after Warner early to cause a turnover or two. I wanna see this offense get something going early & pound on this Arizona team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go Niners, Go!
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
how about if he hits Warner like that? if so he'd be able to chat with his buddy jesus in person!

Oh yeah, that would probably be even better.

We will be cruel to the Cardinals. We will show them the gold on the crown of our helmets...and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.

The good thing about Spencer starting is that he knows Fitz pretty well since he has defended him since college. It will be interesting to see how this works.

yea i like this idea better.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
28-14 49ers win.

yea i like this idea better.

If Spencer or anyone hits Warner like that hit on Kitna, the Cardinals might be stuck with Matt Leinart for the rest of the year.

Is that Brenda Warner I see on the receiving end of a beer bong from Leinart? Talk about team chemistry.

Originally posted by Psinex:

Oh yeah, that would probably be even better.

We will be cruel to the Cardinals. We will show them the gold on the crown of our helmets...and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.

I WANT SOME CARDINAL SCALP!

Willis = The Bear Jew
Originally posted by RonMexico:
hope warner throws 2 tds and 300+ yards

but we win big

F your fantasy team!!!!

Just more analyst , but it is a resource.
The only way we win this game is if we win the TOP.
Share 49ersWebzone