There are 231 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

"I would rather play with 10 guys and get penalized all the way until we have to do something else, rather than play with 11 when right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team. It is more about them then it is the team.

Can not play with them
Can not win with them
Can not coach with them
Can't do it".

Crabtree have you heard this before?
Firts play in TC by crabtree over the middle sandwichend between Willis and M.Lewis. Welocme to the nfl rook.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Crabtree made Texas Tech officials run to a restaurant and get him differen't food when he did not like what was at the Texas Tech cafetria.

link??

They had some college guy who covered Crabtree on ESPN Live today who said that.

I still wish we would have listened to J. Rice and drafted DeSean Jackson.

I know, f**k you mike nolan

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Crabtree made Texas Tech officials run to a restaurant and get him differen't food when he did not like what was at the Texas Tech cafetria.

link??

They had some college guy who covered Crabtree on ESPN Live today who said that.

I still wish we would have listened to J. Rice and drafted DeSean Jackson.

I know, f**k you mike nolan

I don't understand how they don't listen to the greatest reciever known to man kind when he says "pick this guy he is going to be big" WTF!!!!
We should have known he was gonna be this guy when he cancelled on fan day at the last minute for no particular reason. So I say screw Crabtree if he helps us win games good but to me he is just a hired assasin I will not be buying his jersey or praising him. Just get signed make plays and shut the ef up.
His cousin killed him, Crabtree is getting so much bad press right now I think it has given us more leverage now. I don't think a deal will be done in the next day or two because it will look like the 49ers gave in, but I just have a feeling he will sign early next week.
Let that stupid idiot sit the year out and get less money next year. I don't want that diva on my team anyway. Every year there's a diva in the draft that holds-out because they think they're worth more, without playing a single damn down in the NFL, and they usually turn out to be worth less. Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow and JaMarcus Russel come to mind.
The funniest thing about this whole situation is that Crab's cousin seemilngly just put his foot in his mouth big time. Think about it Crab's agent publicky stated that he has no part in this fiascoe, the media is ripping crabs and his advisor a new hole, and the niners team themselves seam to not care one way or another. In the end this stupid stunt, wheather pulled by crabs or just his cousin is quickly backfiring. Oh and just for the record even if we do sign the guy i for one will not be so quick to switch back to liking him. If this was a normal holdout I would not care one way or the other because that is part of the game, but this crap is just bush league and showes me that the guy still has alot to learn before he can call himself a man. PEACE FROM THE FAN
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Let that stupid idiot sit the year out and get less money next year. I don't want that diva on my team anyway. Every year there's a diva in the draft that holds-out because they think they're worth more, without playing a single damn down in the NFL, and they usually turn out to be worth less. Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow and JaMarcus Russel come to mind.

I wouldn't say they are worthless. Both can be playmakers but tend to have more downside than up.
Like someone posted earlier, we may have dodged bullet with Crabtree. We don't need a repeat of T.O. or Brandon Loyd. We don't need another diva to compromise the teams chemistry.

I wouldn't say they are worthless. Both can be playmakers but tend to have more downside than up.

Not worthess, but I would not want either one of them.
Another reason I don't like the guy, he hit on my wife while I was walking past the Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos, with 2 year old son in a stroller!! C'mon dude, you just came from Texas, where the scenery doesn't get any better and your hitting on a 40 something mother taking a stroll with her husband?? Idiot. I guess I am a little flattered my wife was worthy.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Not worthess, but I would not want either one of them.

They're not worthless, but certainly not worth what they were holding out for.
His cousin killed him, Crabtree is getting so much bad press right now I think it has given us more leverage now. I don't think a deal will be done in the next day or two because it will look like the 49ers gave in, but I just have a feeling he will sign early next week.

bad press where? on espn?

what are they saying
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Mort mentioned something interesting, Kelly Stoufer was holding out when he was drafted by Ariz and was going to re-enter the draft but just before the season was over they traded him to Seattle.

We could really f*&^ Crabtree if he doesen't sign by the trading deadline we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and really hurt his value.

We can really do that to him?

why not.

Doesn't he have to be signed by the 49ers before we can trade him?

We own his rights up until draft day 2010.

exactly Dallas bought the rights to a player once. Can't remember who it was though. Someone mentioned it in another thread

Drew Henson I think, and they drafted the rights i thought
Share 49ersWebzone