LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Originally posted by skibeerski:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Another reason I don't like the guy, he hit on my wife while I was walking past the Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos, with 2 year old son in a stroller!! C'mon dude, you just came from Texas, where the scenery doesn't get any better and your hitting on a 40 something mother taking a stroll with her husband?? Idiot. I guess I am a little flattered my wife was worthy.

I'm not lying. His black Chevy Tahoe with 22" wheels was out front. Instead of the Tahoe label on the side it said CRAB5 in chrome. Pretty sweet ride. He was with a friend peaking under the blind for chicks on the patio when we came back.

Believe me, my wife hasn't stopped talking about it since.

I believe you man......anyway.. I remember when I was in Miami back in 2005 and I ran into this beautiful lady in the hall way of the Hotel I was staying at (Inter.).... anyway I was "hey, how's is it going....yada yada yada.." she was nice and but at the end of the discussion she tells me she is here with her husband.....and I was like "oh, ok....yeeeah...well u have fun, take care"....very nice young lady.

anyway...a couple of hours later, I get on the elevator on our floor with my friends and before the doors close....enters the pretty young lady......and who enters right after her.....her husband.... Mr. Dwayne Wade.....

so I say wassup to Wade...and smile at the wife......but I'm just laughing in my head thinking....what must of been going through her head during that conversation we were having earlier......basically...

"what the hell are you going to do for me.....I got Dewayne Wade B1tch!"

but like I said....she was nice and approachable....didn't give off a diva vibe.

and I hear they divorced....hmmmm.........so.....there is a chance.

ok....before pushing the post button....googled to see her pics again....and yeah....she looked alot better back in 2005.....hmmm.....hell that might not have even been his real wife ...... Mr. Wade
Doesn't really matter. He probably won't play at all this season now, whether he signs or not.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Another reason I don't like the guy, he hit on my wife while I was walking past the Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos, with 2 year old son in a stroller!! C'mon dude, you just came from Texas, where the scenery doesn't get any better and your hitting on a 40 something mother taking a stroll with her husband?? Idiot. I guess I am a little flattered my wife was worthy.

I'm not lying. His black Chevy Tahoe with 22" wheels was out front. Instead of the Tahoe label on the side it said CRAB5 in chrome. Pretty sweet ride. He was with a friend peaking under the blind for chicks on the patio when we came back.

Believe me, my wife hasn't stopped talking about it since.

I believe you man......anyway.. I remember when I was in Miami back in 2005 and I ran into this beautiful lady in the hall way of the Hotel I was staying at (Inter.).... anyway I was "hey, how's is it going....yada yada yada.." she was nice and but at the end of the discussion she tells me she is here with her husband.....and I was like "oh, ok....yeeeah...well u have fun, take care"....very nice young lady.

anyway...a couple of hours later, I get on the elevator on our floor with my friends and before the doors close....enters the pretty young lady......and who enters right after her.....her husband.... Mr. Dwayne Wade.....

so I say wassup to Wade...and smile at the wife......but I'm just laughing in my head thinking....what must of been going through her head during that conversation we were having earlier......basically...

"what the hell are you going to do for me.....I got Dewayne Wade B1tch!"

but like I said....she was nice and approachable....didn't give off a diva vibe.

and I hear they divorced....hmmmm.........so.....there is a chance.

ok....before pushing the post button....googled to see her pics again....and yeah....she looked alot better back in 2005.....hmmm.....hell that might not have even been his real wife ...... Mr. Wade

hope he didn't pull a Kobe and Big Ben and rape the girl
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This Crabtree guy...he's such a bad guy. I mean, he robbed three old ladies last night while they were on their electric scooters. He then ran over a group of Mormons riding bicycles and laughed about it. On his way home, he threw a pipe bomb into the post office, and then drunkenly jumped up and down on his neighbor's car (OOPS! Wrong 49er. My bad.).
This is one bad, bad guy, that Michael Crabtree. He's evil.

Have 99.99% of the board lost their mind. THIS IS A CONTRACT NEGOTIATION!!!!!! What is so hard to understand? He's not out there shooting baby seals, dumping toxic waste into riverbeds (at least we hope not). His agent is negotiating a contract. And Crabtree has not stated one word. People are starting to compare him to T.O., who runs to every camera with his sad story. Where are all the Crabtree interviews, where he is angry, crying, complaining? There are none.

Has Crabtree come forward to state anything? No. Has his agent come forward to state that they are threatening to have him return to the draft? No. Have the Niners come forward to say that he is threatening to re-enter the draft? No. In fact, the only person is a cousin. We don't know if Crabtree gave authorization for the cousin to speak out. Maybe he and Crabtree were having a conversation about the matter, and Crabtree had no idea that his cousin would speak out.

In other words, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!! So, it would probably be wise to withhold judgment. Unless we hear word that Crabtree authorized his cousin to say something, or Crabtree or his agent talk with the media, then we don't know.

Jumping to conclusions usually gets one in trouble. Along with millions of Americans today, I automatically bought the incorrect ProFootballTalk.com story that PARKER had threatened to have Crabtree re-enter the draft. It has since been debunked by Parker, the Niners, and veteran reporters who have covered Parker for years. He doesn't operate that way is what Len Pastabelli, John Clayton and others have stated.

As for the sanctity of the slotting system....This is the biggest piece of sloppy journalism that I've heard all day, some from people who should know better. Where are the angry voices over the "incorrect/out of the slot" compensation for Sanchez, Freeman, Darrelle Revis, Larry Fitzgerald (he received more money under Parker than the number two and number one pick, Eli Manning in his contract). HOW DARE THE AGENT DEMAND MORE THAN HIS SLOTTED AMOUNT!!!! There are numerous examples in this draft of "incorrect slotting", and if you look at the 2007 draft, then you have pure heresy. I can't believe the NFL still exists after those "slotted" contracts.

The bottom line is that there are circumstances which cause the slotting to not be so pefectly systematic. Does the sun still rise, the world still rotate? Yes.

Quick, show some outrage over the Sanchez contract!! ARGH!!! IT IS GOING TO RUIN FOOTBALL!!!

The bottom line is that both sides are in a contract negotiation. This is not the Palestinian Arabs versus the Israeli Jews. This is not the Shia versus the Sunni. It is a contract negotiation.

I encourage members on this board to reject the easy to come by snap judgment, based on emotion, and to read the CBA, research the history of draft slotting, research the history of Eugene Parker, and then come to some rational conclusion. To simply become emotional...is mindless. And the board deserves more than mindless, emotional drivel.

I have copied and pasted this to every beat writer in America, and you may now feel free to report me to the Obama Administration, care of the Misinformation Ministry.

Cheers.

P.S. Have I mentioned that this is a contract negotiation?

demanding to get more money than you were picked at isn't a negotiation. Threatening to hold out and re-enter the draft isn't a negotiation. What he is doing is having a full blown temper tantrum like a 3 year old kid who didn't get to buy the spiderman toy at walmart that he wanted. He wants #1 money because HE feels that he is worth that money. Well hell I think I am worth #1 money as well and there is no way in hell I would even make it on a college team let alone an NFL team. He just needs to stop being such a damn whiner and sign seems how he says his NFL career is the most important thing to him at this moment and that he promised MS that he wouldn't miss a day of training camp. So lets see so far he has proved to be a "diva", a liar and a potential locker room distraction.

PS did I mention that this is not a contract negotiation

Think about what you are saying:
1. "Demanding to get more money"- Who is demanding? Crabtree? It is his agent. Agents always angle for more money. Do you fault Sanchez's agent, Josh Freeman's agent, Larry Fitzgerald's agent for asking for more money? It is their job.
2. "He's having a full blown temper tantrum"- Uh, do you have a camera on him?
3. "He wants #1 money"- How in the bleep did you come up with that? It is so bad, it is actually funny.

Oh, there is so much more.

Once again, have a beer with some friends, go to the computer, read my previous threads on the research I have done, do some research yourself, and then make a rational statement. This is not impressive. Rally!
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Doesn't really matter. He probably won't play at all this season now, whether he signs or not.

Unfortunately, it does matter. If we don't sign him by the next draft, the team receives zero compensation.
CRABTREE EATS BABIES!!!

Seriously what has this turned into, I want the 49ers to stand firm contract wise but at the sametime I will be on my feet the second he gets a first down/touchdown.

If Crabtree is doing well that means the team is doing well, lets remember that.

Here's hoping that he catches a sideline pass on the 5 yard line, tosses Adrian Wilson aside, and tip toes into the endzone!

[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 6, 2009 at 16:10:12 ]
http://www.faniq.com/article/Michael-Crabtree-nor-his-agent-ever-said-hed-sit-out-the-2009-NFL-season-1760452

http://www.ninersnation.com/2009/8/6/979811/michael-crabtree-contract-holdout

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Aug 6, 2009 at 17:23:49 ]

IBTL
f**king dumbasses.
i knew my crabtree wouldnt turn the niners down...
how could he turn down the team with this smile??

Fu*k Crabtree That just pisses me off!!!!
Don't care....still hate him.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

Unfortunately, it does matter. If we don't sign him by the next draft, the team receives zero compensation.

Right, but the question is do the 49ers want to become the next Raiders? If Crabtree isn't willing to work for what the market will bare then screw him. He can go ahead and re-enter next years draft and see what happens. There are top QB prospects next year and I'm sure the fact Crabtree has champagne wishes and Gucci dreams won't go unnoticed.

If we can sign he to what he's worth we should, but the 49ers should treat their organization with a certain degree of respect and shun those who seek to take advantage.

I think Crabtree should fire his advisor. A college receiver who had good hands but no speed and set out a year...hmmm....can you say Mike Williams.

[ Edited by bzborow1 on Aug 6, 2009 at 17:26:45 ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
Fu*k Crabtree That just pisses me off!!!!

why are u mad? he didnt say that and neither did his agent. chill people
god what a bunch of drama queens
Share 49ersWebzone