LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Wow I didn't realize we had his draft rights up until he is drafted... So even if he works out great next year before the draft it will help us as we can trade him if his value is high. He has no leverage what so ever.

The only two teams that I could think of that would trade for him right now would be Washington and Dallas. Dallas makes sense because he is from Dallas, they could use help at WR and Jerry Jones's loves star players but they just went through the whole mess with T.O so would they trade or draft a kid who hasn't even played a down in the NFL and is already as headache.

I think we will end up signing Crabtree but the problem is the damage is already doen and this kid will also always be a headache. I can picture him having a game where he doesen't have many balls thrown his way and his cousin goes on the radio and blasts the coaches and quarterback and who knows Crabtree could do it himself. Plus money is always going to be an issue with this guy, if he has a great year he is going to want a raise.

T.O all over again

He better be great because he is finding himself in a hole it will be tough to get out of with the fans.
Wow I didn't realize we had his draft rights up until he is drafted... So even if he works out great next year before the draft it will help us as we can trade him if his value is high. He has no leverage what so ever.

The only two teams that I could think of that would trade for him right now would be Washington and Dallas. Dallas makes sense because he is from Dallas, they could use help at WR and Jerry Jones's loves star players but they just went through the whole mess with T.O so would they trade or draft a kid who hasn't even played a down in the NFL and is already as headache.

I think we will end up signing Crabtree but the problem is the damage is already doen and this kid will also always be a headache. I can picture him having a game where he doesen't have many balls thrown his way and his cousin goes on the radio and blasts the coaches and quarterback and who knows Crabtree could do it himself. Plus money is always going to be an issue with this guy, if he has a great year he is going to want a raise.

T.O all over again

The best part about this is that Singletary won't tolerate this type of behavior. He'll send his ass to the showers like he did with Vernon.
  • pakalolo2005
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

T.O all over again

The best part about this is that Singletary won't tolerate this type of behavior. He'll send his ass to the showers like he did with Vernon.

Makes Vernon Davis look good right now. I hope the Veteran players give him cr@p if and when he reports to camp if ever...and if he does I hope Willis lights him up and tell him "Welcome to the NFL, scrub"...that's what I want to see someone teaching him a lesson...it's not about money...it's about playing in the NFL...

T.O all over again

I can picture it now.

Michael Crabtree tells the 49ers front office that he doesn't like the flavor of gatorade being served at practice and demands another flavor be brought in just for him. When Mike Singeltary heard about Crabtree's crazy demand he proceeded to pull Crabtrees pants down in the middle of the locker room and shower him in gatorade yelling "YOU WANT GATORADE!!! I WANT WINNERS!!!"
Originally posted by backontop:

T.O all over again

I can picture it now.

Michael Crabtree tells the 49ers front office that he doesn't like the flavor of gatorade being served at practice and demands another flavor be brought in just for him. When Mike Singeltary heard about Crabtree's crazy demand he proceeded to pull Crabtrees pants down in the middle of the locker room and shower him in gatorade yelling "YOU WANT GATORADE!!! I WANT WINNERS!!!"

To follow-up on an earlier item, Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, went on record saying he has never threatened the 49ers about having Crabtree skip this season to re-enter the draft.

Parker: "You've known me a long time and I'm not a guy who makes threats. Nor am I a guy who negotiates in the public. I don't know where this came from but no such threat has been made."

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat quotes a 49ers source as confirming what Parker is saying. I just spoke with a 49ers spokesman who offered this: "The 49ers are not going to negotiate in the media. In our view, there has been open and positive communication between both sides."

Sounds to me as though Crabtree's cousin and adviser -- the man who said Crabtree would be "prepared" to sit out the season -- might have overstated things

sounds like his cousin might be job hunting soon
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I came across this gem at the team site:

Quote:
I am at the point that I could care lees about that piece of ****. If he is already a problem it will only get worse. He thinks the entire system of how things work should be changed because he is so great. I am cheering for a double acl tear for him. I already want his sorry ass out of the nfl.

This is why we wear condoms.
Originally posted by backontop:

T.O all over again

I can picture it now.

trust me singletary won't stand for that kinda attitude, he will bring him back down to earth quick when or should i say IF he signs.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for WheresWaldo.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Quote:
I am at the point that I could care lees about that piece of ****. If he is already a problem it will only get worse. He thinks the entire system of how things work should be changed because he is so great. I am cheering for a double acl tear for him. I already want his sorry ass out of the nfl.

That's classic! Terrific venting skills!
Originally posted by FL9er:

Quote:

That's classic! Terrific venting skills!

why would someone wish harm to him though? Yea he is being a giant douche by holding out but damn to wish harm upon someone? If he decides to hold out and re-enter the draft I just hope that Goodell sees this as BS and bans him from the NFL faster than a webzone mod on a nip slip pic

Whats funny is that 6 of the top 10 are still unsigned so are 11 and 12 everyone is waiting to for someone to set the number. But you have crabtree's idiot cousin talking. I would tell him to stfu he is hurting his endorsement deals.
hes still ganna be a niner its his idiot cousin talking everybody needs to chill
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Whats funny is that 6 of the top 10 are still unsigned so are 11 and 12 everyone is waiting to for someone to set the number. But you have crabtree's idiot cousin talking. I would tell him to stfu he is hurting his endorsement deals.

Not to mention has him losing fans before he even stepped foot on the field
IF true:

1. Won't there be a new CBA agreement by next years draft, which will likely include a rookie salary scale
2. What chance does he have of going top 5 next year, with a year out football?
3. That said, wouldn't he have the possibility of making more money now with what the 10th pick should get, then wherever he goes with a rookie scale?

I'm sure we will get him signed soon
Originally posted by teeohh:
IF true:

1. Won't there be a new CBA agreement by next years draft, which will likely include a rookie salary scale
2. What chance does he have of going top 5 next year, with a year out football?
3. That said, wouldn't he have the possibility of making more money now with what the 10th pick should get, then wherever he goes with a rookie scale?

I'm sure we will get him signed soon

i know people need to chill
Share 49ersWebzone