LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Mort mentioned something interesting, Kelly Stoufer was holding out when he was drafted by Ariz and was going to re-enter the draft but just before the season was over they traded him to Seattle.

We could really f*&^ Crabtree if he doesen't sign by the trading deadline we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and really hurt his value.

We can really do that to him?

why not.
arnt they trying to make a rookie cap for next year
Originally posted by backontop:
Crabtree made Texas Tech officials run to a restaurant and get him differen't food when he did not like what was at the Texas Tech cafetria.

link??

It was verbalized on ESPN by (_can't think of his name_) who covered him at TTech.
Mort mentioned something interesting, Kelly Stoufer was holding out when he was drafted by Ariz and was going to re-enter the draft but just before the season was over they traded him to Seattle.

We could really f*&^ Crabtree if he doesen't sign by the trading deadline we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and really hurt his value.

why not.

With the depth at WR the Niners have now, it makes sense. Morgan right now is playing at training camp like he deserves to be the #1 WR.

why not.

Doesn't he have to be signed by the 49ers before we can trade him?

why not.

We own his rights up until draft day 2010.
Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat quotes a 49ers source as confirming what Parker is saying. I just spoke with a 49ers spokesman who offered this: "The 49ers are not going to negotiate in the media. In our view, there has been open and positive communication between both sides."

Sounds to me as though Crabtree's cousin and adviser -- the man who said Crabtree would be "prepared" to sit out the season -- might have overstated things.
This moron is willing the sit out the whole season? Good, let him.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

why not.

We own his rights up until draft day 2010.

exactly Dallas bought the rights to a player once. Can't remember who it was though. Someone mentioned it in another thread
Crabtree made Texas Tech officials run to a restaurant and get him differen't food when he did not like what was at the Texas Tech cafetria.

link??

They had some college guy who covered Crabtree on ESPN Live today who said that.

link??

They had some college guy who covered Crabtree on ESPN Live today who said that.

I still wish we would have listened to J. Rice and drafted DeSean Jackson.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

link??

It was verbalized on ESPN by (_can't think of his name_) who covered him at TTech.

I was also watching that. michael "DIVA" crabtree
If this bozo ever signs I hope Singletary abuses him in camp. I hope Willis and Spikes punishes him!
Wow I didn't realize we had his draft rights up until he is drafted... So even if he works out great next year before the draft it will help us as we can trade him if his value is high. He has no leverage what so ever.

The only two teams that I could think of that would trade for him right now would be Washington and Dallas. Dallas makes sense because he is from Dallas, they could use help at WR and Jerry Jones's loves star players but they just went through the whole mess with T.O so would they trade or draft a kid who hasn't even played a down in the NFL and is already as headache.

I think we will end up signing Crabtree but the problem is the damage is already doen and this kid will also always be a headache. I can picture him having a game where he doesen't have many balls thrown his way and his cousin goes on the radio and blasts the coaches and quarterback and who knows Crabtree could do it himself. Plus money is always going to be an issue with this guy, if he has a great year he is going to want a raise.

T.O all over again
Wow I didn't realize we had his draft rights up until he is drafted... So even if he works out great next year before the draft it will help us as we can trade him if his value is high.

From what I heard, he can't work out for any teams, talk to any teams, or participate in any NFL combine activities. He belongs to us, signed or unsigned.

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 6, 2009 at 13:50:52 ]
Share 49ersWebzone