There are 197 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anybody believe that our pass rush is any better?

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
We were 16th in the league in sacks last year so I don't where you guys come up with this crap. What we lacked was turnovers and last night was a huge step in the right direction. We don't have the greatest pass rush but its not terrible. We need to strip the ball more and get more int's.

Sacks =/ Pass Rush.

I'd rather be the 32nd team in the league in sacks while getting constant pressure over the 16th which gets a few sacks based on coverage every few games. f**k.
Wait!?!!!! How many sacks did Crabtree get last night?

Get my point?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
We were 16th in the league in sacks last year so I don't where you guys come up with this crap. What we lacked was turnovers and last night was a huge step in the right direction. We don't have the greatest pass rush but its not terrible. We need to strip the ball more and get more int's.[/quo

Yeah we need turnovers but the defense better not let teams move the ball down the field easily like the Broncos did on that first drive. Imagin Kurt Warner having that much time against us
Originally posted by 4JusticeNow:

Get my point?

The non exsistent pass rush last night was because of the scheme and also because its the FIRST PRESEASON GAME. Go look at the defensive stats for the other teams this preseason. Many of them didn't have a sack either.....

Our pass rush may do well when the season starts, and may not. But the point is that contract issues or not, Crabtree was the BEST pick at the 10th spot, no matter what anyone says. Any team would have drafted him, and luckily we got him. Now once this contract dispute gets settled, which it will, we'll get to see how big of an impact Crabtree can make on this team.
Teams usually play vanilla defense during early preseason games. Too early to worry, but it is a legitimate cause for concern.
We have a pass rush? huh didn't see it yesterday

Get my point?

Yes. Blame Crabfoot
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Get my point?

The non exsistent pass rush last night was because of the scheme and also because its the FIRST PRESEASON GAME. Go look at the defensive stats for the other teams this preseason. Many of them didn't have a sack either.....

Our pass rush may do well when the season starts, and may not. But the point is that contract issues or not, Crabtree was the BEST pick at the 10th spot, no matter what anyone says. Any team would have drafted him, and luckily we got him. Now once this contract dispute gets settled, which it will, we'll get to see how big of an impact Crabtree can make on this team.

Let's just keep this simple and forget the sacks ...... it was Denvers first game and they brought pressure ...... it was our first game and we brought hardly any at all. When I look at and judge a team I am looking for constant pressure on the QB not neccessarily did they get a sack or two.

This isn't one of those "the sky is falling" things but I would expect to see our DL getting a simular push to what the Denver DL was getting against us , pre-season or not.
[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Aug 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
3rd pre-season game should give us some idea...

Get my point?

Yeah, when and if Crabtree gets signed he would probably be way more effective this season than a rookie NT or any defensive player for that matter. Ask anybody around the league what our defining characteristic has been since last making it tothe playoffs and 9 out of 10 would say we dont have a consistant enough receiving core. With the additions of Crabtree and Jones we have a good handful of 1's and 2's and dont really have to rely on Morgan or Bruce to get open every play and w/ those additions it will help free them up more than ever. We will simply have plenty of talented receivers and thats what its all about.

Our pass rush pretty much showed us that we probably still dont have a legit 10 sack machine, but it was only the first game of the preseason so there is time to still get in the right groove. I dont think it was that bad though if you look on Clements int. Parys Haralson took the rb head on and knocked him to the floor and stayed standing, maybe Orton saw it and decided to throw b/c there was only a couple of feet between them. Also on the Bly int. Lawson was getting a great push and the pocket was begining to collapse. Also on the R.Smith int we had a lb get right next to him after shedding a blocker. Yeah they arent sacks, but we were getting in his face. I think if they had a whole game we could have gotten a sack or two, but you gotta love preseason
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:

Get my point?

Yeah, when and if Crabtree gets signed he would probably be way more effective this season than a rookie NT or any defensive player for that matter. Ask anybody around the league what our defining characteristic has been since last making it tothe playoffs and 9 out of 10 would say we dont have a consistant enough receiving core. With the additions of Crabtree and Jones we have a good handful of 1's and 2's and dont really have to rely on Morgan or Bruce to get open every play and w/ those additions it will help free them up more than ever. We will simply have plenty of talented receivers and thats what its all about.

Our pass rush pretty much showed us that we probably still dont have a legit 10 sack machine, but it was only the first game of the preseason so there is time to still get in the right groove. I dont think it was that bad though if you look on Clements int. Parys Haralson took the rb head on and knocked him to the floor and stayed standing, maybe Orton saw it and decided to throw b/c there was only a couple of feet between them. Also on the Bly int. Lawson was getting a great push and the pocket was begining to collapse. Also on the R.Smith int we had a lb get right next to him after shedding a blocker. Yeah they arent sacks, but we were getting in his face. I think if they had a whole game we could have gotten a sack or two, but you gotta love preseason

I disagree with your first point about how Crabtree would produce more then a rookie NT. No way. I think a rookie 1st round NT would improve the other 10 men on defense immensely and there isn't that much to learn to occupy two blockers then it is to learn a new offense, playbook, routes and perfecting those routes. Crabtree, in year 1 will/would make very little impact in the NFL esp. with the style of offense we are employing and the depth at the WR position.
At this point I thitnk its to early to tell and Iam not impressed with the interceptions and whats the name of their QB?
I hope it's better....but based off of the first game it doesn't look better....but we will see when the season starts.
en oh

Did we even blitz once against denver?
I don't think its better, but I didn't expect it to be better. We didn't add any players to improve it and didn't change the defense. If nothing changes why should anyone think the outcome would change? I'm kinda crazy so I hoped something would magically change, but I certainly didn't believe it would. I guess we could call a few more blitzes and hope that works.