LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Will Frank Gore ever get a NFL rushing title?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I needed to add that I really f**king love Frank as a player, and I'm glad as hell he's a Niner.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Ninerfan4life17:
will frank gore ever get a NFL rushing title? or ever hit 2000 yards season? thoughts?

If Staley, Baas, Heitmann, Rachael, Marvel, become Jello, And gore stay's healthy.

or maybe snyyyyyder??

behind a solid line and with a breather, Frank Gore will become a f**king monster. did u see him punk the LBs of the Raiders in those drills? if he's that psyched every game he's golden
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I needed to add that I really f**king love Frank as a player, and I'm glad as hell he's a Niner.

I been a fan for 30+ years and he is my favorite back the niners have ever had, no disrespect to the other great backs we have been blessed with. I hope we can get him at least one Super Bowl ring.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I been a fan for 30+ years and he is my favorite back the niners have ever had, no disrespect to the other great backs we have been blessed with. I hope we can get him at least one Super Bowl ring.

We can agree on this one, Memphis!
Originally posted by Leathaface:

On the contrary, I hope he can get us at least one SB victory.
Frank Gore is a great player, but I just don't see him ever coming close to 2000 yards. I'd love to see it, but it's just not going to happen.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Frank Gore is a great player, but I just don't see him ever coming close to 2000 yards. I'd love to see it, but it's just not going to happen.

1,700 yards isn't close? IIRC, there were a couple of games that year that he had less than 80 yards, too. I think it's possible.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

On the contrary, I hope he can get us at least one SB victory.

Can't argue with that :]

1,700 yards isn't close? IIRC, there were a couple of games that year that he had less than 80 yards, too. I think it's possible.

I'd take 2000 combined yards next year. That'd be a great season any way you slice it.

I'm actually hoping Coffee can get 10-12 carries a game and we start to establish a 1-2 punch a la every other good team.
I don't think so.

He's not even an NFL's top 5 running back

Originally posted by billybonka:
I don't think so.

He's not even an NFL's top 5 running back

I think he makes the Top 5-7 in a lot of people's minds. There are only a few RBs CLEARLY better than him (AP, Deangelo).
From a Raiders message board about Gore owning their LBs yesterday:

Quote:
Gore is one of the best running backs in the NFL... if you don't think so then you're delusional.

Not to mention that his blocking is probably being stepped up to a new level with Tom Rathman as his coach.

Gore is the total package in an NFL running back.

I'm sure that there aren't many linebackers that could dominate on Frank Gore in that drill.

Whatever, we'll see how it translates to the game field on Saturday... (if Gore plays that is)

Dayum, this board is so depressing sometimes. Oh no, Schillens is hurt, Morrison got owned by Gore, and the Raiders had a bad practice, better just forfeit all 17 games and save the embarrassment.

LINK
[ Edited by NewEraNiner on Aug 19, 2009 at 6:30 PM ]
I don't think I would be shocked, but I don't see either happening. 2000 definitely not.

It isn't even so much the line that is the problem, it is the passing game and amount of touches Frank gets. We have so many 3 and outs or are losing in games that the running game always suffers. The best way for him to get years his 25 carries a games, with a lot of them being 8 yard runs in the 2nd half when the D is worn down.
The last few years the opposing defense are fresh as daisies in the 4th cuz they haven't had to do much. That being said, I still think he can have a monster year with 1500 yards and 45 catches for another 4-500!! 2000 All-purpose sounds pretty damn good to me.

2005 608 yards rushing 739 total yards from scrimmage
2006 1695 yards rushing 2180 “ “
2007 1102 yards rushing 1538 “ “
2008 1036 yards rushing 1409 “ “

He ran for nearly 1700 yards back in 2006; that’s the past. Just to state exactly what I meant, Frank Gore is a great player, but I just don't see him ever coming close to 2000 yards again. Based on the above stats, I think it’s wildly optimistic to even dream that Gore will suddenly be able to run for 2000 yards. There’s a very outside chance that he could gain 2000 total yards, but that’s pretty optimistic too. He is trending downward in a football position that is typically short and with lots of wear and tear on the body. I love Gore on our team too, but if I was going to hope for 2000 yards, then I might as well hope for 3000 yards as both are pretty much as unlikely.
I see him with 1600-1700 yards this season, 15 touchdowns on the ground, 300-400 receiving yards, and 6 receptions for tds. Probowl
Share 49ersWebzone