LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Will Frank Gore ever get a NFL rushing title?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NinersPC:
Gore's certainly got the ability, but whether or not he gets a chance is another thing, with Coffee potentially taking carries away from him.

Coffee won't be a threat to Gore for a long time. He'll allow Frank to take a breather, and the offense will maintain a significant running threat while Frank is sipping his Gatorade. It will also help save his legs for later in the season and for the

PLAYOFFS?!!!??

Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
Originally posted by NinersPC:
Gore's certainly got the ability, but whether or not he gets a chance is another thing, with Coffee potentially taking carries away from him.

Coffee won't be a threat to Gore for a long time. He'll allow Frank to take a breather, and the offense will maintain a significant running threat while Frank is sipping his Gatorade. It will also help save his legs for later in the season and for the

PLAYOFFS?!!!??

Agreed. Anybody thinking Coffee is going to come in and take a significant amount of carries from Frank Gore in his rookie season is being foolish. Coffee will probably get 100-150 carries TOPS, while Gore will probably see around 300 carries (around 20 a game) as long as our offense is able to "run at will" like Mike Singletary wants to.
Originally posted by Ninerfan4life17:
will frank gore ever get a NFL rushing title? or ever hit 2000 yards season? thoughts?

If Staley, Baas, Heitmann, Rachael, Marvel, become Jello, And gore stay's healthy.
  • 49erFanNIndy
  • Info N/A
I don't think so just because of our QB situation. If we had a decent QB and the O-Line could hold up all year, along with his ankle. Hell yeah he could get the rushing title. I love this guy, so I'm always hoping for the best for him.
  • ninermatt
  • Info N/A
Frank Gore is a bull rusher witht the ability to run over defenders. From what I've seen from Coffee he posses the same type of ability to run over defenders plus a quicker cut than gore with the same type of speed. We will have a great one two punch this year provided the O-Line can come together.
Looks like watching a preseason game has made him hungry!

Quote:
Running back Frank Gore provided the highlight of the morning practice for the 49ers. He was incredible in blitz pickup, as he pancaked both Ricky Brown and Kirk Morrison in the drill. Gore was so fired up, he acted as if he wanted more. RBs coach Tom Rathman took Gore out of the drill the next time he was lined up to go against David Nixon, a rookie linebacker from BYU.

Singletary said he liked Gore's enthusiasm, but wanted to see him keep his emotions in check. After Gore won his battles and had to be held back from continuing to go after the Raiders players, Singletary said, "I told Frank I'll put him on the bus if he does that again."
Dont know if this has been posted, but here's a video of today's session with Frank Gore totally beasting on Kirk Morrison, seeing that totally fires me up!!!

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/sports/

Video is on the right hand side!

Enjoy!
if a career back up like thomas jones can put up over 1600 yds and 13 tds under jimmy rayes offense, just imagine what frank the tank can do.
I luv it, Frank taking up apart some "raiduh" -- man the guy looks hungry for some action. I can't wait to see him tear sh** up, i hope he plays at least the first two series for purely selfish reasons... he's a break away everytime he hits the hole
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I luv it, Frank taking up apart some "raiduh" -- man the guy looks hungry for some action. I can't wait to see him tear sh** up, i hope he plays at least the first two series for purely selfish reasons... he's a break away everytime he hits the hole

im so excited to see gore, it sounds like he trained extra hard this year to prove his doubters wrong. the videos of him manhandling those raider LB's was awesome

Just read part of the many articles on the joint practices with the Raiders.

So Gore's playing at a solid 217 lbs? That's great news. He'll regain his power form from 2006. Didn't he play at around 209/210 in 07/08 to gain some breakaway speed lol.
That reminds me, i have to get my red 21 jersey to the cleaners.
Originally posted by grimreefer14:
if a career back up like thomas jones can put up over 1600 yds and 13 tds under jimmy rayes offense, just imagine what frank the tank can do.

-9fA
I doubt he'll get a rushing title, especially playing in the same conference as Peterson, and he certainly won't get 2000. There are a lot of good young RBs in the NFC in particular, and with his injury history I just, sadly, doubt he'll have a very wide window of opportunity; besides, his carries will be managed very tightly, and he doesn't quite have the strength or speed to dominate like a guy like AP does.

That said, I think Frank is primed for a real All-Pro season, and I think throughout his career he will be in that upper echelon of RBs--just never really the best in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone