There are 178 users in the forums

Crabtree Ready to Roll!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

News: At the NFL Rookie Symposium in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., 49ers rookie WR Michael Crabtree told CBSSports.com in an exclusive interview that the foot he had a stress fracture in back in February won't keep him from being ready for the start of training camp. "The foot is great," Crabtree said when asked how his offseason has been. "I'm ready. I'm running and everything."

Analysis: Crabtree added that he hasn't yet practiced with the 49ers' quarterbacks but likes how they've been competing thus far. Crabtree has been making strides in his rehab since the draft, including running in individual drills with the coaching staff, so the stress fracture might not be a huge issue for him by the time the season starts. Crabtree has immense talent and should eventually add a great dimension to the 49ers' passing game.

We love the fit long-term, but can't help but be cautious for 2009 simply because he's a rookie receiver coming off an injury, and those players tend to struggle in their first NFL season. The cagey Crabtree should be more beneficial in PPR leagues than standard formats, but still fall in as a middle- to late-round pick this summer as a good reserve Fantasy option. He's got a shot at 40 catches and five touchdowns. He's worth a middle-round pick in dynasty/keeper leagues as well as a Top-5 pick in rookie-only drafts.
Courtesy of NFL.com
[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM ]
Good to see he's running at full speed.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

News: At the NFL Rookie Symposium in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., 49ers rookie WR Michael Crabtree told CBSSports.com in an exclusive interview that the foot he had a stress fracture in back in February won't keep him from being ready for the start of training camp. "The foot is great," Crabtree said when asked how his offseason has been. "I'm ready. I'm running and everything."

Analysis: Crabtree added that he hasn't yet practiced with the 49ers' quarterbacks but likes how they've been competing thus far. Crabtree has been making strides in his rehab since the draft, including running in individual drills with the coaching staff, so the stress fracture might not be a huge issue for him by the time the season starts. Crabtree has immense talent and should eventually add a great dimension to the 49ers' passing game.

We love the fit long-term, but can't help but be cautious for 2009 simply because he's a rookie receiver coming off an injury, and those players tend to struggle in their first NFL season. The cagey Crabtree should be more beneficial in PPR leagues than standard formats, but still fall in as a middle- to late-round pick this summer as a good reserve Fantasy option. He's got a shot at 40 catches and five touchdowns. He's worth a middle-round pick in dynasty/keeper leagues as well as a Top-5 pick in rookie-only drafts.
Courtesy of NFL.com

We still should have drafted DHB
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

Courtesy of NFL.com

ok Al Davis
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

Courtesy of NFL.com

Your logic make's total sense, I'm with you, you sold me.

You want some coke or something?
Good to hear, im sure the team will be careful that he doesen't over do it in TC. It may be almost impossible for him to beat out Josh Morgan but I do see Crabs starting the season as our 3rd or 4th WR and I think he will start making a big impact around week 5 on and possibly end up starting before the season is over.

Im excited about the future starting WR duo of Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good to hear, im sure the team will be careful that he doesen't over do it in TC. It may be almost impossible for him to beat out Josh Morgan but I do see Crabs starting the season as our 3rd or 4th WR and I think he will start making a big impact around week 5 on and possibly end up starting before the season is over.

Im excited about the future starting WR duo of Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree.

Me too and I am sure everyone else who's a fan of our beloved team. I think that Crabtree will be eased into the practice field, getting more looks as he learns the routes especially at Split-end and Slot. I can see him going up against the second or third CB. I can see him developing as our go to guy on third down and TD options.

His receptions will not be that much, but they will be "wow" yards, IMO. He just has that "it". I can't wait to see it in person in TC and in his first NFL game even though it is preseason. IMO, preseason will be a place where he can really accelerate his growth in the system. He already is a natural at the position, but his hands separate him from everyone else.

All the QBs have to do is throw in his general vicinity and watch the show!

Go 49ers!
Originally posted by backontop:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

Courtesy of NFL.com

ok Al Davis

I thinking since DHB was gone by our pick, that he's joking. But what do I know?
  • underatedskillz
  • Info N/A
crabtree the next Rashaun Woods. great in college but will be a bust in the pro's and please dont compare him to the great jerry rice, cause its a straight insult to our great legend. let me be the first to say this. but i never liked the pick crabtree sucks untill he can work his magic in the pro's like in his college days.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by backontop:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

Courtesy of NFL.com

ok Al Davis

I thinking since DHB was gone by our pick, that he's joking. But what do I know?

I hope so...
I'm less concerned about his injury and more concerned about his signability.

Expect a protracted, bloody negotiation, which will only delay his already-behind preparation for the NFL.

Crabtree's first year of impact will be 2010. He is not going to make a major mark in this league this season.
Share 49ersWebzone