There are 180 users in the forums

Crabtree Ready to Roll!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it all hinges on how fast the OLine gels. I feel, if the line does their part, he'll start to demonstrate his talents by week 4,
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good to hear, im sure the team will be careful that he doesen't over do it in TC. It may be almost impossible for him to beat out Josh Morgan but I do see Crabs starting the season as our 3rd or 4th WR and I think he will start making a big impact around week 5 on and possibly end up starting before the season is over.

Im excited about the future starting WR duo of Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree.

Me too and I am sure everyone else who's a fan of our beloved team. I think that Crabtree will be eased into the practice field, getting more looks as he learns the routes especially at Split-end and Slot. I can see him going up against the second or third CB. I can see him developing as our go to guy on third down and TD options.

His receptions will not be that much, but they will be "wow" yards, IMO. He just has that "it". I can't wait to see it in person in TC and in his first NFL game even though it is preseason. IMO, preseason will be a place where he can really accelerate his growth in the system. He already is a natural at the position, but his hands separate him from everyone else.

All the QBs have to do is throw in his general vicinity and watch the show!

Go 49ers!

Dont forget Jason Hill guys, we could be set at receiver for the next ten years, i think he played extremely well last season and i dotn remember see him have a drop.

DeShaun Foster, Eddie Royal, Colston, all contributed their first year. Granted these players had McNabb, Cutler, and Brees throwing to them, but still...
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good to hear, im sure the team will be careful that he doesen't over do it in TC. It may be almost impossible for him to beat out Josh Morgan but I do see Crabs starting the season as our 3rd or 4th WR and I think he will start making a big impact around week 5 on and possibly end up starting before the season is over.

Im excited about the future starting WR duo of Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree.

Me too and I am sure everyone else who's a fan of our beloved team. I think that Crabtree will be eased into the practice field, getting more looks as he learns the routes especially at Split-end and Slot. I can see him going up against the second or third CB. I can see him developing as our go to guy on third down and TD options.

His receptions will not be that much, but they will be "wow" yards, IMO. He just has that "it". I can't wait to see it in person in TC and in his first NFL game even though it is preseason. IMO, preseason will be a place where he can really accelerate his growth in the system. He already is a natural at the position, but his hands separate him from everyone else.

All the QBs have to do is throw in his general vicinity and watch the show!

Go 49ers!

Dont forget Jason Hill guys, we could be set at receiver for the next ten years, i think he played extremely well last season and i dotn remember see him have a drop.

Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal, Colston, all contributed their first year. Granted these players had McNabb, Cutler, and Brees throwing to them, but still...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by underatedskillz:
HEY THANKS IM GLAD YOU AGREE WITH ME MY FRIEND

i doubt hes agreeing (sarcasm) and you calling out crabs like that makes me doubt your strength in being a fan. terrible first post!
crabtree the next Rashaun Woods. great in college but will be a bust in the pro's and please dont compare him to the great jerry rice, cause its a straight insult to our great legend. let me be the first to say this. but i never liked the pick crabtree sucks untill he can work his magic in the pro's like in his college days.

Noob,

Horrible choice of words. I would suggest unproven, not sucks.

As for the Woods reference, there really is no comparing Woods' collegiate achievements to those of Crabtree. Crabtree led the nation in receiving 2 straight years while winning the Biletnikoff award. How can you say he'll will be a bust in the NFL, did you read that in your crystal ball.

How about letting him get on the field before you hang the bust label on him.
crabtree the next Rashaun Woods. great in college but will be a bust in the pro's and please dont compare him to the great jerry rice, cause its a straight insult to our great legend. let me be the first to say this. but i never liked the pick crabtree sucks untill he can work his magic in the pro's like in his college days.

and why do you say this? because he has excellent hands? runs awesome routes? always has separation and hardly ever gets caught from behind? is more powerful than a locomotive? can leap tall buildings with a single bound? im just happy that al davis didnt think he was faster than a speeding bullet and heyward-bey was. so did u order your cowboy jersey yet noob?

Is that you Singfan/Sabrason?
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

News: At the NFL Rookie Symposium in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., 49ers rookie WR Michael Crabtree told CBSSports.com in an exclusive interview that the foot he had a stress fracture in back in February won't keep him from being ready for the start of training camp. "The foot is great," Crabtree said when asked how his offseason has been. "I'm ready. I'm running and everything."

Analysis: Crabtree added that he hasn't yet practiced with the 49ers' quarterbacks but likes how they've been competing thus far. Crabtree has been making strides in his rehab since the draft, including running in individual drills with the coaching staff, so the stress fracture might not be a huge issue for him by the time the season starts. Crabtree has immense talent and should eventually add a great dimension to the 49ers' passing game.

We love the fit long-term, but can't help but be cautious for 2009 simply because he's a rookie receiver coming off an injury, and those players tend to struggle in their first NFL season. The cagey Crabtree should be more beneficial in PPR leagues than standard formats, but still fall in as a middle- to late-round pick this summer as a good reserve Fantasy option. He's got a shot at 40 catches and five touchdowns. He's worth a middle-round pick in dynasty/keeper leagues as well as a Top-5 pick in rookie-only drafts.
Courtesy of NFL.com

We still should have drafted DHB

Your logic make's total sense, I'm with you, you sold me.

Shuan Hill can't throw ball down field like Russell. We picked the right receiver.
Originally posted by 49erFanNIndy:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

News: At the NFL Rookie Symposium in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., 49ers rookie WR Michael Crabtree told CBSSports.com in an exclusive interview that the foot he had a stress fracture in back in February won't keep him from being ready for the start of training camp. "The foot is great," Crabtree said when asked how his offseason has been. "I'm ready. I'm running and everything."

Analysis: Crabtree added that he hasn't yet practiced with the 49ers' quarterbacks but likes how they've been competing thus far. Crabtree has been making strides in his rehab since the draft, including running in individual drills with the coaching staff, so the stress fracture might not be a huge issue for him by the time the season starts. Crabtree has immense talent and should eventually add a great dimension to the 49ers' passing game.

We love the fit long-term, but can't help but be cautious for 2009 simply because he's a rookie receiver coming off an injury, and those players tend to struggle in their first NFL season. The cagey Crabtree should be more beneficial in PPR leagues than standard formats, but still fall in as a middle- to late-round pick this summer as a good reserve Fantasy option. He's got a shot at 40 catches and five touchdowns. He's worth a middle-round pick in dynasty/keeper leagues as well as a Top-5 pick in rookie-only drafts.
Courtesy of NFL.com

Shaun Hill can't throw ball down field like Russell. We picked the right receiver.

Michael Crabtree is the right kind of WR for Alex Smith as well.

Originally posted by 49erFanNIndy:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

Courtesy of NFL.com

Shaun Hill can't throw ball down field like Russell. We picked the right receiver.

Michael Crabtree is the right kind of WR for Alex Smith as well.

lol, DHB comment was a joke!
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Noob,

As for the Woods reference, there really is no comparing Woods' collegiate achievements to those of Crabtree. Crabtree led the nation in receiving 2 straight years while winning the Biletnikoff award. How can you say he'll will be a bust in the NFL, did you read that in your crystal ball.

Yeah I wouldn't start posting like that. Hate or love the pick only time will tell. From what I have read this kid has a great attitude and passion for the game. From what I've seen him do in college this kid has tremendous upside. Remember Donahue drafted Rashaun Woods. I remember watching that draft and all I can say was
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Noob,

Yeah I wouldn't start posting like that. Hate or love the pick only time will tell. From what I have read this kid has a great attitude and passion for the game. From what I've seen him do in college this kid has tremendous upside. Remember Donahue drafted Rashaun Woods. I remember watching that draft and all I can say was

My lasting memory from that draft was Donahue trading down a couple of time, thinking he was smarter than all the other GMs. In the process he passed on Vince Wilfork.

I guess that is why Donahue is in the TV booth these days..
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Noob,

My lasting memory from that draft was Donahue trading down a couple of time, thinking he was smarter than all the other GMs. In the process he passed on Vince Wilfork.

I guess that is why Donahue is in the TV booth these days..

Yeah I couldn't understand why we kept moving down. I mean when they said Rashaun Woods, I said who? So this WR from OSU caught like 5 or 6 TD's in one game and his best year was his Sr. year and now we take him I believe it was around 27 or so. Maybe because we didn't run a 3-4 back then Donahue passed on Wilfork but either way it was close to the end for Terry.
Weed?
Share 49ersWebzone