There are 212 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for MADMIKE.
Originally posted by navarro49ers:
Hell yeah, Ive been told to sit down many times but there is no way I sit when its 3rd down. The good thing is it seems like the crowd atmosphere is getting better in the last couple seasons at the stick. Im in LB 1

GO NINERS!!!

Ya same with me during the Washington game. Shawn Hill's leading us back and its third down and the guy behind me asks me to sit down, WTF.
Originally posted by MADMIKE:
Hell yeah, Ive been told to sit down many times but there is no way I sit when its 3rd down. The good thing is it seems like the crowd atmosphere is getting better in the last couple seasons at the stick. Im in LB 1

GO NINERS!!!

Ya same with me during the Washington game. Shawn Hill's leading us back and its third down and the guy behind me asks me to sit down, WTF.

you should have told him if he was a real fan he would stand up.
I think Im going to make a bunch of flyers this season that say GET LOUD!!!! or 12TH MAN!!! or something like that and hand them out before the games this year.

GO NINERS!!!!

You would do that? How about you make "rules" on how to behave at a football game? Step by step instructions might help those pinky up drinkers act right by either schooling or embarrassing them. You can give it to them as they act like they're at the U.S. Open.. . . . just a thought . . late Friday night.
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
I think Im going to make a bunch of flyers this season that say GET LOUD!!!! or 12TH MAN!!! or something like that and hand them out before the games this year.

GO NINERS!!!!

You would do that? How about you make "rules" on how to behave at a football game? Step by step instructions might help those pinky up drinkers act right by either schooling or embarrassing them. You can give it to them as they act like they're at the U.S. Open.. . . . just a thought . . late Friday night.

That would be cool Im gunna think of some rules and hand them out before the games, I Tailgate everygame at Club49 so Im there early and near gate F. ( if you have any rules we should use Please post them)

GO NINERS!!!

[ Edited by navarro49ers on Jun 27, 2009 at 12:33:57 ]
Rule 1: Verbally abuse anybody not wearing anything 49ers related

GO NINERS!!!!

That would be cool Im gunna think of some rules and hand them out before the games, I Tailgate everygame at Club49 so Im there early and near gate F. ( if you have any rules we should use Please post them)

GO NINERS!!!

These are great ideas. We need to get the word out and really try to make a difference. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche but it's the truth. If I were a native of the Bay Area (which I hope to be once I graduate college in December) , I'd do so at every game.

The flyers and "rules" on how to be a fan would be a really great idea. It can go over things such as being quiet when SF is on offense, being loud as hell when the opposing offense is on the field, explaining reasons why the noise is so important etc. I'm loving the response this got. Clearly, I'm not the only one who sees this as a major problem. It's about time us Niner fans got some recognition, let's build our reputation.
Proper Fan etiquette.

Respect your fellow 9er fans in front or behind you.

Talk to your section let them know your enthusiastic and like to cheer so they will know what to expect.

You wouldn't act an arse and block the view if they were your grandparents?

plus act like you been to a game before,

most of these older generation 9er fans been there and done that. They already paid their dues.

GO NINERS!!!!

GO NINERS!!!

.. Club 49 huh? . . must know you. I'm at the Empire, Red Zone @ Pole R outside Gate F. I'm there at 8 every morning. Rules?

-Make as much noise as possible when on D. If you cant yell, whistle. If you cant whistle, clap and stomp your feet. If you cant do that, hum as loud as you can. Point is do SOMETHING.
-When on Offense, dont make a sound until after the snap
-Dont sell unused tickets to opposing fans. You were planning on using them right? So eat them if you have to
-Dont bring opposing fans with you to a game. You can kiss and make up on Monday
-Always harrass those opposing fans that make it in. No one says violence but dam, they shouldn't be comfortable
-Always wear 49ers gear. . i cant believe i even have to mention this.
-If you bring someone to a game thats never been, make sure they LOOK like a 9er fan
-Be aware of who we are playing. THINK. If its raining and we're playin Green Bay, dont wear a yellow rain suit. If we play oakland, maybe its not a good time to wear black 49ers gear.
-Dont leave until the game ENDS. Siting traffic is the lamest excuse in the book.

How's that? I'll think of more but thats all i can think of on the fly. I'm sure some people will have problems with it but I dont want to hear it. Those are the people that bring us down.
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A

GO NINERS!!!!

GO NINERS!!!

.. Club 49 huh? . . must know you. I'm at the Empire, Red Zone @ Pole R outside Gate F. I'm there at 8 every morning. Rules?

-Make as much noise as possible when on D. If you cant yell, whistle. If you cant whistle, clap and stomp your feet. If you cant do that, hum as loud as you can. Point is do SOMETHING.
-When on Offense, dont make a sound until after the snap
-Dont sell unused tickets to opposing fans. You were planning on using them right? So eat them if you have to
-Dont bring opposing fans with you to a game. You can kiss and make up on Monday
-Always harrass those opposing fans that make it in. No one says violence but dam, they shouldn't be comfortable
-Always wear 49ers gear. . i cant believe i even have to mention this.
-If you bring someone to a game thats never been, make sure they LOOK like a 9er fan
-Be aware of who we are playing. THINK. If its raining and we're playin Green Bay, dont wear a yellow rain suit. If we play oakland, maybe its not a good time to wear black 49ers gear.
-Dont leave until the game ENDS. Siting traffic is the lamest excuse in the book.

How's that? I'll think of more but thats all i can think of on the fly. I'm sure some people will have problems with it but I dont want to hear it. Those are the people that bring us down.

yeah Im there everygame, will meet up this year for sure. this is my fav "-Always harrass those opposing fans that make it in. No one says violence but dam, they shouldn't be comfortable" lol thats me everygame.

GO NINERS!!!
As a 52-year Niner fan who's been to scores of games over the years and quite a few Raider games as well, I always thought it was stupid how Raider fans buy a seat and then insist on standing throughout the entire game. They're so full of self-importance that they seem to think this helps the team as if it pumps up the squad or something.

To me, part of the fun is jumping up when there's an awesome play. It's completely annoying to have fans just standing there in front of you for no good reason, though. I wish fans would use their pie-holes to make things loud, but stay down until there's a good reason to jump up.

But, if you've been in a few other stadiums, you'll know that we have a problem with Candlestick. The sound gets muffled by the winds and the open areas. The really loud stadiums are usually ones that are built especially for football and, of course, the ones with domes.

Originally posted by BrodieFan:
As a 52-year Niner fan who's been to scores of games over the years and quite a few Raider games as well, I always thought it was stupid how Raider fans buy a seat and then insist on standing throughout the entire game. They're so full of self-importance that they seem to think this helps the team as if it pumps up the squad or something.

To me, part of the fun is jumping up when there's an awesome play. It's completely annoying to have fans just standing there in front of you for no good reason, though. I wish fans would use their pie-holes to make things loud, but stay down until there's a good reason to jump up.

But, if you've been in a few other stadiums, you'll know that we have a problem with Candlestick. The sound gets muffled by the winds and the open areas. The really loud stadiums are usually ones that are built especially for football and, of course, the ones with domes.

U SUCK GRANDPA!! U and Granny should just stay the hell home in front of the tube and enjoy the game sipping on your Chardonnay. 4 REAL.

It's fans like U that make the Stick a homefield "dis" advantage. And anyone who says the Stick is loud is truly fooling themselves. Our stadium is consistantly one of the quietest in the league and not only that, it is PATHETIC how many fans from the opposing team invades our territory.

I'm not saying turn the place into 850 Bryant, but damn, the place is much louder once the "fair weather", "wine sipping", "bandwagon", "WAIT TILL SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS" fans like YOU leave in the beginning of the freakin THIRD QUARTER!!!!!!!
I may be up there for the Rams game this year (last game I was up there for was the 13-9 loss when Darrell Jackson drop the game winning TD, fun), I will mos def bring my vocals, we gotta smoke dem Lambs!
Originally posted by BigBug415:

U SUCK GRANDPA!! U and Granny should just stay the hell home in front of the tube and enjoy the game sipping on your Chardonnay. 4 REAL.

It's fans like U that make the Stick a homefield "dis" advantage. And anyone who says the Stick is loud is truly fooling themselves. Our stadium is consistantly one of the quietest in the league and not only that, it is PATHETIC how many fans from the opposing team invades our territory.

I'm not saying turn the place into 850 Bryant, but damn, the place is much louder once the "fair weather", "wine sipping", "bandwagon", "WAIT TILL SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS" fans like YOU leave in the beginning of the freakin THIRD QUARTER!!!!!!!

Wow, you're not only rude, but you have a reading comprehension problem as well. I said, "use your pie hole," and I didn't mean stuff more pie in it. You don't have to stand in front of me to make noise. You can make noise from your seat. And, get a clue - the only thing that ruins the home crowd at the Stick is people selling their tickets to fans of the opposition. That's largely a modern phenomenon and a noob like you wouldn't realize that. Back in the day, the only away fans who could muster up anything close to a cheering section would be Southern Californians for the Rams. And, once in a while, Raider fans, but that's it.

First,learn to read...

Second,learn to respect your fellow posters here or you will be getting a visit from the mods,your post was way outta line kid.

Wow, you're not only rude, but you have a reading comprehension problem as well. I said, "use your pie hole," and I didn't mean stuff more pie in it. You don't have to stand in front of me to make noise. You can make noise from your seat. And, get a clue - the only thing that ruins the home crowd at the Stick is people selling their tickets to fans of the opposition. That's largely a modern phenomenon and a noob like you wouldn't realize that. Back in the day, the only away fans who could muster up anything close to a cheering section would be Southern Californians for the Rams. And, once in a while, Raider fans, but that's it.

First of all Mr. "Pie Hole" I am far from a "noob" when it comes to 49er Football so don't let the number of posts to the webzone fool you.
Second, maybe you have too much "pie" stuffed up in your Depends to realize you are at a football game ??
And third, the sooner u and your Bingo buddies sell off the rest of your seats we can get some real fans in there that don't mind getting a little pumped up for their team.
Share 49ersWebzone