There are 268 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
As a 52-year Niner fan who's been to scores of games over the years and quite a few Raider games as well, I always thought it was stupid how Raider fans buy a seat and then insist on standing throughout the entire game. They're so full of self-importance that they seem to think this helps the team as if it pumps up the squad or something.

To me, part of the fun is jumping up when there's an awesome play. It's completely annoying to have fans just standing there in front of you for no good reason, though. I wish fans would use their pie-holes to make things loud, but stay down until there's a good reason to jump up.

But, if you've been in a few other stadiums, you'll know that we have a problem with Candlestick. The sound gets muffled by the winds and the open areas. The really loud stadiums are usually ones that are built especially for football and, of course, the ones with domes.

U SUCK GRANDPA!! U and Granny should just stay the hell home in front of the tube and enjoy the game sipping on your Chardonnay. 4 REAL.

It's fans like U that make the Stick a homefield "dis" advantage. And anyone who says the Stick is loud is truly fooling themselves. Our stadium is consistantly one of the quietest in the league and not only that, it is PATHETIC how many fans from the opposing team invades our territory.

I'm not saying turn the place into 850 Bryant, but damn, the place is much louder once the "fair weather", "wine sipping", "bandwagon", "WAIT TILL SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS" fans like YOU leave in the beginning of the freakin THIRD QUARTER!!!!!!!

Wow, you're not only rude, but you have a reading comprehension problem as well. I said, "use your pie hole," and I didn't mean stuff more pie in it. You don't have to stand in front of me to make noise. You can make noise from your seat. And, get a clue - the only thing that ruins the home crowd at the Stick is people selling their tickets to fans of the opposition. That's largely a modern phenomenon and a noob like you wouldn't realize that. Back in the day, the only away fans who could muster up anything close to a cheering section would be Southern Californians for the Rams. And, once in a while, Raider fans, but that's it.

First of all Mr. "Pie Hole" I am far from a "noob" when it comes to 49er Football so don't let the number of posts to the webzone fool you.
Second, maybe you have too much "pie" stuffed up in your Depends to realize you are at a football game ??
And third, the sooner u and your Bingo buddies sell off the rest of your seats we can get some real fans in there that don't mind getting a little pumped up for their team.

I think you were called a noob because you are talking trash like one.Also because you seem to not comprehend the basic english language.He said it was a good thing to get loud at the game,but he didn't see the point in standing the whole game,just when there is a reason to get up.Your personal attacks on him were unfounded and warning worthy.By the way,no one on this site even tries to use the red boxes as a status symbol,and everyone on this site except for a couple of the the trolls,are niner fans,so how about some respect for the fellow fans.

The lack of respect being shown to older 49er fans especially long term season ticket holders who bought season tickets before 1981 is appalling . Just because I don’t scream my F**king head off on every defensive play some how I am not a Niner fan? Where the hell were you when we were only getting 35-40,000 fans a game until half way through the 1981 season when everyone became a 49er fan?

My family hasn’t gotten rid of our season tickets just because the product on the field since 2003 has been pure sh*t (even worse then the 70’s), however lot people have and attendance is down. Yes games “officially sell out” but the reality is that instead of 62-65,000+ fans it is more around 55,000 fans or less maybe this is why noise is down? I was at a game a few years back that had only 40-45,000 fans attend.

During the glory years Candlestick rocked with noise especially when playing the Cowboys, Rams. Ditka’s Bears, Parcells Giants and the playoffs. We taunted Ditka on Monday night to the point he threw gum at a fan (who of course pressed charges) and yelled so loud Jim Everett, QB of the Rams came unglued during the NFC Championship game. My dad told me stories about Kezar and a riot they had on the field (turned over a police van) after a Bear game. Those fans that started that riot are still coming to games to this day. Are you that rabid of a fan well some of our old timers are?

You don’t think us depend wearing, white wine sipping, f*cked up old farts can yell? Oh we can yell, we know the importance and have seen how the yelling has helped (examples above), however this team for the most part has not been worthy of our yelling because it has not made a difference. It has not had an emotional impact, stopped a drive, created a penalty or turnover. Sorry goes both ways if I am going to yell until my throat is red and I am spitting blood (which I did through out the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s) then you as a team sure as hell better perform.

Earlier someone complained about fans leaving early. When my 85 year old dad attends games we do leave early because we have had too many incidents where he has almost been knocked down, so before you condemn someone about leaving early you may want to consider why. If your 85 and still able to attend 49er games applaud the guy instead of putting him down. Plus that 85 year old man was sent off to war when he was 18 and lived in a fox hole so that our youth of today could attend college games, get drunk off there a** then go back to there dorm or apartment and f*ck there girlfriends.

Youth is a wonderful thing enjoy it while you have it because some day your going to have a drunk 20+ kid tell you that you’re a stupid fu*ked up old man (been said to me twice at 49er games while protecting my father) and at that moment you will be glad that old man of 48 who is ex-military, 6’2, 225 with 5% body fat has the wisdom to control his temper and not beat the sh*t out of you.
Flame on
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
The lack of respect being shown to older 49er fans especially long term season ticket holders who bought season tickets before 1981 is appalling . Just because I don’t scream my F**king head off on every defensive play some how I am not a Niner fan? Where the hell were you when we were only getting 35-40,000 fans a game until half way through the 1981 season when everyone became a 49er fan?

My family hasn’t gotten rid of our season tickets just because the product on the field since 2003 has been pure sh*t (even worse then the 70’s), however lot people have and attendance is down. Yes games “officially sell out” but the reality is that instead of 62-65,000+ fans it is more around 55,000 fans or less maybe this is why noise is down? I was at a game a few years back that had only 40-45,000 fans attend.

During the glory years Candlestick rocked with noise especially when playing the Cowboys, Rams. Ditka’s Bears, Parcells Giants and the playoffs. We taunted Ditka on Monday night to the point he threw gum at a fan (who of course pressed charges) and yelled so loud Jim Everett, QB of the Rams came unglued during the NFC Championship game. My dad told me stories about Kezar and a riot they had on the field (turned over a police van) after a Bear game. Those fans that started that riot are still coming to games to this day. Are you that rabid of a fan well some of our old timers are?

You don’t think us depend wearing, white wine sipping, f*cked up old farts can yell? Oh we can yell, we know the importance and have seen how the yelling has helped (examples above), however this team for the most part has not been worthy of our yelling because it has not made a difference. It has not had an emotional impact, stopped a drive, created a penalty or turnover. Sorry goes both ways if I am going to yell until my throat is red and I am spitting blood (which I did through out the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s) then you as a team sure as hell better perform.

Earlier someone complained about fans leaving early. When my 85 year old dad attends games we do leave early because we have had too many incidents where he has almost been knocked down, so before you condemn someone about leaving early you may want to consider why. If your 85 and still able to attend 49er games applaud the guy instead of putting him down. Plus that 85 year old man was sent off to war when he was 18 and lived in a fox hole so that our youth of today could attend college games, get drunk off there a** then go back to there dorm or apartment and f*ck there girlfriends.

Youth is a wonderful thing enjoy it while you have it because some day your going to have a drunk 20+ kid tell you that you’re a stupid fu*ked up old man (been said to me twice at 49er games while protecting my father) and at that moment you will be glad that old man of 48 who is ex-military, 6’2, 225 with 5% body fat has the wisdom to control his temper and not beat the sh*t out of you.
Flame on

Como se dice tough guy in espanol?
I make enough noise at any game anywhere at anytime to bust decimal meters.At the same time I garner enough respect from opposing fans to where they'll take picture with me,to put on facebook and myspace.I can even get them involved in the wave that I create.(except raiders/raisins and eagles fans).Young and old respect one another and keep making NINER NOISE for years to come.
STAY LOUD or STAY HOME!... kind of easy.
Originally posted by keeferr75:

This
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by keeferr75:

This

I guess I'm staying home then...but only cuz I'm in NY still screaming at my tv or computer
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:

Flame on

so instead of getting into the game and rooting for your team you come on an internet forum and put on a tough guy act? Why not save that energy for the game. You can start by getting out of the chair and stop complaining about these so called young fans who are enthusiastic about their team like you USED to be to sit down because they might spill your wine and make you drop your cheese.
Ya know, I dont usually get into these forums, but...

I was @ the 89 game NFC Champ game vs the Rams, and while I was young, I remember early on it being a lil rough. That was until Mr Montana threw a TD to #80...

The crowd went wild, off the hook, you couldnt feal urself fart, and we allowed no more points the rest of the game (we won 30-3 or something)...

Anyhoo with that being said there is no reason to trample an old man, actually i have never seen anything like that, but plenty of fights (not with old men of course)...

I would like Candlestick to be loud (by the way, the changing back to da stick should help) but like dood said, there's got to be Reason.

I was @ the xmas eve game vs the re-cards a few years back, and we lost, and you could hear the boos from the collesum it was so quite, my best friend drank so much, he left in the 3rd qtr and passed out in his Truck, it sux to see your team not even try...

But not this year... Its on my friends, and Mr. Singletary is my hope beyond hope, those last few games of the seaon really sparked this for me, I havent seen the boys play like that for a LONG time...

all you haterific mofo's can say what you want, but i still watch every game, have been to plenty, and wear my jersey (Mr. Willis this year) every sunday, so take a walk ya hoser...

Go Niners,

-Da Tank
Originally posted by Frank_The_Tank:
Ya know, I dont usually get into these forums, but...

I was @ the 89 game NFC Champ game vs the Rams, and while I was young, I remember early on it being a lil rough. That was until Mr Montana threw a TD to #80...

The crowd went wild, off the hook, you couldnt feal urself fart, and we allowed no more points the rest of the game (we won 30-3 or something)...

Anyhoo with that being said there is no reason to trample an old man, actually i have never seen anything like that, but plenty of fights (not with old men of course)...

I would like Candlestick to be loud (by the way, the changing back to da stick should help) but like dood said, there's got to be Reason.

I was @ the xmas eve game vs the re-cards a few years back, and we lost, and you could hear the boos from the collesum it was so quite, my best friend drank so much, he left in the 3rd qtr and passed out in his Truck, it sux to see your team not even try...

But not this year... Its on my friends, and Mr. Singletary is my hope beyond hope, those last few games of the seaon really sparked this for me, I havent seen the boys play like that for a LONG time...

all you haterific mofo's can say what you want, but i still watch every game, have been to plenty, and wear my jersey (Mr. Willis this year) every sunday, so take a walk ya hoser...

Go Niners,

-Da Tank

word...

man... it sucks living out here in texas and only watching cowboy games or nfc east games... if i lived out there i would deffinetely be supporting my team. none of that sitting around just watching the game... i would stand the f**k up and cheer!!!!!
I have been to alot of games through the years and most of the fan base sucks there are alot of opponents in the seats . The reason I beleive is this stadium is old money. Alot of the season tix are purchased to be resold with never having any intention on going to a game. They are bought up by corporates and individuals with a little cash. The hard core fans that would love to go to a game and cheer there ass off cant afford a decent seat due to gouging. Take alook at stub hub or any of the tix outlets and tell me if any of us had those awesome seats would we be selling them. HELL NO! I for one yell all game every game. Dont care what evil look I get.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its pretty loud.

You also have to consider the product that they have been putting on the field. Its kinda hard to cheer when there getting there ass kicked all the time.

weak excuss. raider games have have the people and it's louder. explain that. thier product is worse.

You can't bring them up as an example because raider fans are a bunch of idiots. They go to get drunk and make asses of themselves regardless of the product on the field. They are unlike fans of any other team. Their team betrayed them and moved to LA, then decided to come back and they welcomed them back like a bunch of suckers. That's like finding out your wife is cheating on you, she leaves to live with somebody else (in this case LA being a guy you really HATE) but then she decides she wants to come back to you and what do you do? Take her back like a jackass. On top of that, the majority of their fans that I know are clueless when it comes to football, but they act like they know everything.

All that being said, I've been to a handful of raider games with my uncles (I've always rooted for the other team - which supposedly is a big no no in Oakland, but I've NEVER even been messed with other than a few comments here and there) and their games have more empty seats than filled seats. It's not loud. I don't think there is ever enough people there for it to actually get loud in the first place. Their whole organization is a joke and their fans fit right in.

Saw the Raiders in LA back in '89 and: Phoenix Cardinals - fan of the other team got beaten into a coma and the next week Steelers - fan of the other team got stabbed to death. Plus I saw constant sqabbles in the stands being broken up. OakTown and NinerTown need to step it up...

[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Sep 8, 2009 at 23:27:18 ]
Ya!! We're gonna be so loud!! Ya! We're gonna poach the cardinals!
Hell yea you bet we will be loud and drunk
Share 49ersWebzone