There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Would You Say Michael Crabtree Compares to in the NFL?

Wes Welker isn't as bad of a comparision as you guys are making it out to be. I can make a strong case that Welker and Boldin's game is really comparable despite the fact that they're two completely different receivers. Yeah they have different styles but they play a similiar role in their offense.

Hines Ward is the receiver I think he resembles most.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 19, 2009 at 12:42:59 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
I know we have heard people say he is like a cross between T.O. and Steve Smith, but I see flashes of Wes Welker too! Maybe also Brandon Marshall... or Andre Johnson!

Wow, you named 4 very different wide recievers
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by scopur49er:
In my opinion, that is who I think of when I watch Michael Crabtree highlights. I know we have heard people say he is like a cross between T.O. and Steve Smith, but I see flashes of Wes Welker too!

I think of Welker more as a reliable possession reciever - the kind of guy who will always be open on 3rd downs to help you pick up a first.

Crabtree, based on highlights I've seen and his playing style, is probably more in the mold of a big-play reciever but he also has range and good hands.

Tough to say really. How he produces will depend a lot on the type of reciever they line up opposite him. If it's a speedy, stretch-the-field kind of guy then Crabtree might be used more like Wes Welker.

Exactly hard to say what Crabs will be in the league but form watchign college highlights I don't see him resembling Welker at all.

I agree. I think there really is no comparison to Crabtree and Welker. I think a much better comparison would be Steve Smith and Wes Welker.

Steve Smith would be DEEPLY offended by this comparison! There's NO comparison between the two!

Oh yah how so?? Would love to see your point of view??
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by scopur49er:
In my opinion, that is who I think of when I watch Michael Crabtree highlights. I know we have heard people say he is like a cross between T.O. and Steve Smith, but I see flashes of Wes Welker too!

I think of Welker more as a reliable possession reciever - the kind of guy who will always be open on 3rd downs to help you pick up a first.

Crabtree, based on highlights I've seen and his playing style, is probably more in the mold of a big-play reciever but he also has range and good hands.

Tough to say really. How he produces will depend a lot on the type of reciever they line up opposite him. If it's a speedy, stretch-the-field kind of guy then Crabtree might be used more like Wes Welker.

Exactly hard to say what Crabs will be in the league but form watchign college highlights I don't see him resembling Welker at all.

I agree. I think there really is no comparison to Crabtree and Welker. I think a much better comparison would be Steve Smith and Wes Welker.

Steve Smith would be DEEPLY offended by this comparison! There's NO comparison between the two!

Oh yah how so?? Would love to see your point of view??

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Smith a Flanker vs. Welker a slot receiver?? Big difference in how they're used if that's the case...

a young torry holt
Anquin Bolden. Not fast, physical, bigger than average, great receiver skills (hands and ability to get open)
I see him as either a Welker or Boldin type WR, both are real good WR's, so either is good by me.

I really beleive Crabtree will be our #1 WR for years to come.
Crabtree is nothing like Steve Smith or Wes Welker, those guys are small shifty receivers, Crabtree is a larger, strong receiver with a quick burst. If I'm not mistaken Crabtree is even larger than Anquan Boldin. I would say if Crabtree becomes what is expected of him, he could be a better Boldin type of player.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Let us see him play a down first in the NFL, before comparing him to anyone.
a more dominant terrel owens.
If he's anything close to Andre Johnson
I'd say he's more of a Boldin-type player than an Owens-type player because of the hands.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

I hear he has longer arms than Larry Fitzgerald.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

lol

I don't know how that's possible.....yet.