LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 311 users in the forums

Who Would You Say Michael Crabtree Compares to in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I know we have heard people say he is like a cross between T.O. and Steve Smith, but I see flashes of Wes Welker too! Maybe also Brandon Marshall... or Andre Johnson!
?

I think people see crabs as much faster then he really is.

I would say chris carter or wayne crebet.

he does not have the stride of carter but he has shown catch in traffic ability.

in his highlight reel he is getting ran down from behind in the open field by half the TCU and RICE defenses....

Can we stop with the Steve Smith talk?
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
who said torry holt? and roy williams?!

i dont think many of you understand how strong the guy is, a brandon marshall or quicker anquan boldin makes the most sense...

He's closer to Boldin, Holt than to Marshall. He's Boldin's size (6'1'" 215 vs 6'0 217 boldin) but his skills, route running, hands are closer to Holts.

umm first... the worst part of michael crabtree's game is his route running...its not bad at all, which speaks volumes for the other aspects of his talents, but it is still going to need some NFL work..

and you are comparing him to torry holts route running, one of the best route runners in football, still.....if you watch crabtree and holt, their game is nothing alike..

as a total package of talents, crabtree's closest comparison is to boldin, except he is faster..if crabtree can work on his route running, his GAME(getting the ball in open space and making people miss) i honestly will be very reminiscent of john taylor...a bigger john taylor..

basically imagine an anquan boldin, john taylor mixture, and that is how crabtree's college game looks like it will shape up to at the NFL level..

post broke leg JT? He does look a little like an older JT after he broke his leg the first time....

pre-broke leg JT was one of the Faster men in the NFL ,and the Fastest man on the 49ers....

Crabtree is not nearly on par with Taylors ability to walk away and make separation at the NFL level let alone at the College Level were Taylor was a One cut and walk away player.
I know we have heard people say he is like a cross between T.O. and Steve Smith, but I see flashes of Wes Welker too! Maybe also Brandon Marshall... or Andre Johnson!

Not to sound like a jerk or anything but since he hasnt even taken a preseason snap in his life How can one compair him to a TO or a S Smith? Who have played and are perrenial All Pros...Let the guy play before he gets compaired to anyone. I know its a dif position but I remember a QB named R Leaf was supposed to be this Great QB What did he do in the NFL though...
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
a young torry holt

He can't believe you think he's like Tory Holt.

"I dreamed it in my head!!!!"

Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:

Not to sound like a jerk or anything but since he hasnt even taken a preseason snap in his life How can one compair him to a TO or a S Smith? Who have played and are perrenial All Pros...Let the guy play before he gets compaired to anyone. I know its a dif position but I remember a QB named R Leaf was supposed to be this Great QB What did he do in the NFL though...

your taking that wrong

they are comparing his play STYLE

not That he is going to be as successful as T.O

We all know every one can suck any given year

t.o CAN SUCK THIS YEAR and not even be comparable to T.O of last year let alone Crabtree
?

I think people see crabs as much faster then he really is.

I would say chris carter or wayne crebet.

he does not have the stride of carter but he has shown catch in traffic ability.

in his highlight reel he is getting ran down from behind in the open field by half the TCU and RICE defenses....

Can we stop with the Steve Smith talk?

Crabtree never played vs TCU, and he did just fine vs Rice, the only plays he's ever been caught from behind are screens, or after he breaks a tackle.

You seem to exaggerate his speed, except downward. Much of that video is him playing on a bum leg.

[ Edited by cestmoi on Jun 20, 2009 at 23:54:10 ]
Chad Pennington
Josh Morgan
Head: Randy Moss.

Size/Game: Anquan Boldin.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Now you're just getting silly.

PJ Fleck
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He held out until October to get #7 pick money for being the #10 pick. That's unprecidented in modern times. He missed 8 out of 8 preseason games. Who needs preseason or practice? Not DIVA's. He pouts when Alex is in and doesn't even try hard. He "plays when he wants to play." You can tell when he tries hard and when he just tips the ball into the air for interceptions. He gives up on lots of routes. Like Moss.

He held out until October to get #7 pick money for being the #10 pick. That's unprecidented in modern times. He missed 8 out of 8 preseason games. Who needs preseason or practice? Not DIVA's. He pouts when Alex is in and doesn't even try hard. He "plays when he wants to play." You can tell when he tries hard and when he just tips the ball into the air for interceptions. He gives up on lots of routes. Like Moss.

He's nothing like Moss. You're just being you and trying to embellish the truth about everything to get a rise out of people so you can in here all day. How you have the energy and desire to argue about everything you do in NT all day, every day, is beyond me. Seems like somebody that thinks they're as smart as you think you are would find something better to do with their time.
Idc if he turn out like Moss, Moss is a beast Im tired of p***y nice guys WRs

He's nothing like Moss. You're just being you and trying to embellish the truth about everything to get a rise out of people so you can in here all day. How you have the energy and desire to argue about everything you do in NT all day, every day, is beyond me. Seems like somebody that thinks they're as smart as you think you are would find something better to do with their time.

He's got a little Randy Moss in him. In the head anyway. Not as fast and not as big. No guy is exactly like another guy. But there are some HEAD CASE DIVA tendencies with this one.
Share 49ersWebzone