LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Who Would You Say Michael Crabtree Compares to in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Steve Smith
I say AJ.
Has he taken a snap in the NFL, let's wait and see
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
He's nothing like Wes Welker as Welker is gay and Crabtree is no homo.

CRIS CARTER with a little Andre Johnson and Larry Fitygerald sprinkled in
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
I am rooting for Cris Carter

Good call. I have been comparing him to Cris Carter since March.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I know we have heard people say he is like a cross between T.O. and Steve Smith, but I see flashes of Wes Welker too! Maybe also Brandon Marshall... or Andre Johnson!

After watching this video, who Crabtree reminds me of...a little bigger receiver that can cut pretty fast like:

Michael Irvin, Plaxico Burress, Keyshawn Johnson, TO, Derrick Mason. Of all them guys, he reminds me most of Michael Irvin, but a bit more agile. He looks to have very good hands, and decent after the catch. We're going to be giving secondaries something to think about with Josh Morgan, Crabs, a new and improved Vernon and a running attack with less holes in the o-line.
Michael Irvin is a good call to. He is about the same height and size that Irvin was and both have long arms. His hand eye coordination and his knack for making the tough catch in traffic or on the sideline is the reason why I would compare him to Cris Carter.

Crabtree also reminds me of Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson a bit as well. Hopefully he will be the next Michael Crabtree and top WRs coming into the league will be compared to him.
I'll get back to you on this. When I see him play in the NFL.
Roy Williams.

who said torry holt? and roy williams?!

i dont think many of you understand how strong the guy is, a brandon marshall or quicker anquan boldin makes the most sense...
Originally posted by MaliCali:
who said torry holt? and roy williams?!

i dont think many of you understand how strong the guy is, a brandon marshall or quicker anquan boldin makes the most sense...

He's closer to Boldin, Holt than to Marshall. He's Boldin's size (6'1'" 215 vs 6'0 217 boldin) but his skills, route running, hands are closer to Holts.
I'll tell you one thing. I watched two of those videos, and I don't think he caught ONE ball with his body. EVERY catch with his hands. AWESOME!!
Right now he's a bust!
Wes Welker isn't as bad of a comparision as you guys are making it out to be. I can make a strong case that Welker and Boldin's game is really comparable despite the fact that they're two completely different receivers. Yeah they have different styles but they play a similiar role in their offense.

Hines Ward is the receiver I think he resembles most.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 19, 2009 at 12:42:59 ]
Share 49ersWebzone