LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pelos21:
For some reason I thought the dude was black and then I saw his pic and I was like whoah

to me it doesn't matter if he's black or white as m.jackson said.
Originally posted by hklar17:

Dude has the skill...but how bad does he want it?
My guess is that it came too easy to him in college. He's so big and strong that he may never have been really tested. How can you not root for him if you're a Niner fan. If he gets it together it's a home run for the team. I'll be surprised if he doesn't clean up his act and work hard.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by pelos21:
For some reason I thought the dude was black and then I saw his pic and I was like whoah

to me it doesn't matter if he's black or white as m.jackson said.

It doesnt matter to me either, I just thought the dude was black.

I honestly will be surprised if he doesn't get his act together. The reason is money. This kid comes from a solid working class background. He has relatives in the military. He hunts, fishes, etc. Young men who have watched their families struggle to pay bills tend to get a lot more serious when they see those possible 6-figure paychecks and start hanging out with other players who are multi-millionaires.

It's also true that some of these athletes have been so pampered as to have not noticed how the real world works, but I don't think this guy is like that. I think he's a kid who has liked to party.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
I honestly will be surprised if he doesn't get his act together. The reason is money. This kid comes from a solid working class background. He has relatives in the military. He hunts, fishes, etc. Young men who have watched their families struggle to pay bills tend to get a lot more serious when they see those possible 6-figure paychecks and start hanging out with other players who are multi-millionaires.

It's also true that some of these athletes have been so pampered as to have not noticed how the real world works, but I don't think this guy is like that. I think he's a kid who has liked to party.

I agree with you. I'd be surprised if he doesn't straighten out. He's had a problem, but he's also seen that its time to grow up.

Seems like he's bright enough to figure out how to do that, and what steps to take to address his problems.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

I agree with you. I'd be surprised if he doesn't straighten out. He's had a problem, but he's also seen that its time to grow up.

Seems like he's bright enough to figure out how to do that, and what steps to take to address his problems.

Please just get rid of Barry Sims.... Alex Boone potential alone is more than what Barry Sims has left in his tank.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Please just get rid of Barry Sims.... Alex Boone potential alone is more than what Barry Sims has left in his tank.

I fully expect Sims to be cut in preseason.

-9fA
If he doesn't pan out, we can always call him Alex Leaf
Originally posted by ninertico:
I am impressed with this kid. He has met his demons face-to-face, accepted them for what they are, and is succeeding early in his sobriety. Heck, I am sure that he's battling those demons every time he hears of a party which is hard for any 22 year old let alone an alcoholic.

I love this about Boone: "Scot McCloughan, the 49ers' general manager, is also in on the project. He has asked Boone to stay in Santa Clara all summer, even when OTAs are not in session. That will allow the team to more closely monitor him. Boone has agreed, except for a trip to Ohio for his brother's wedding. Other than that, the hotel room is Boone's hangout every night. Which, as he readily admits, is not the most fun life in the free world." Article by Mike Purdy

That's how you do it. Set yourself up for success rather than failure!

I have many a friend who have been overwhelmed by their demons to the point it cost them their lives with one of my closest dying from "bleeding out" due to alcoholism which of course is the extreme.

Everyone has a story as do I. I am just glad I am still here to tell it. Thank you Lord!

May God bless you and keep you safe from your demons, Mr. Boone.

Good luck!!!!

Yep.... a lot of us are pulling for Alex Boone. Hope he makes our 53 man roster!

Im Jacked!

Finally get to see Alex Boone tonight vs Denver. I guess he may enter the game in the 3rd or 4th quarter?

Want to see what this guy has.
I know that he can run block , now I want to see his footwork in pass protection. It would be nice if he turns out to be good but it will probably take awhile I'll be curious to see him in some games against opponents.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:46 PM ]
  • ninerhigh
  • Info N/A
Look! The picture is clear. If this 6' 9" tall monster two-time All Big Ten tackle shows he can handle the RT job in the four pre-season games and he keeps off the booze, he will make the Niners at least as a practice squad guy.

Go Bucks! Go Niners!
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
Look! The picture is clear. If this 6' 9" tall monster two-time All Big Ten tackle shows he can handle the RT job in the four pre-season games and he keeps off the booze, he will make the Niners at least as a practice squad guy.

Go Bucks! Go Niners!

Dude, I want Boone to show enough that he earns a 53 man roster spot over sucky Barry Sims.

If Barry Sims makes our O-Line roster yet again, weeeez in mucho trouble.
Antoher article about this bad boy...

I hope he makes it to the roster or at least the PS. I want to see how he performs tonight as I am sure he will have extensive playing time. So far, not bad from the UDFA!

Share 49ersWebzone