Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Boone is terrible, I hope he gets cut.

Hater LOL

Your right I am a hater of crappy players.

Yes because all UDFA rookies must come in and immediately look like pro bowlers to be any good in the NFL, get a clue.

To make the team they should look some what decent. These dude is practice squad material at best. No way he should make the roster.

I never said he should make the roster and I would be perfectly happy with him being on the PS this year. From the way you put it, seems like you think we should just give him cab fare and tell him to get the f**k out and never come back.

Dude until Boone was tasered in LA on a drunken rampage he was considered by some to be "first day" talent, plenty of mocks had him in the 3-4th round. We are lucky to get him for free, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Don't hate what you don't understand, just understand that you don't understand and move on.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Hater LOL

Yes because all UDFA rookies must come in and immediately look like pro bowlers to be any good in the NFL, get a clue.

To make the team they should look some what decent. These dude is practice squad material at best. No way he should make the roster.

I never said he should make the roster and I would be perfectly happy with him being on the PS this year. From the way you put it, seems like you think we should just give him cab fare and tell him to get the f**k out and never come back.

Nah I never said that. I was just saying he is not roster worthy.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
I really can't see how Clayton makes the team. He hasn't even been able to crack the number 2 spot for years now and they've got two very exciting young guys in Coffee and Sheets. Sheets is faster than Clayton and seems to hit the hole quicker as well.

Agreed, Sheets over Clayton
You have to like the size of Boone and even if he doesn't have the feet to be a left tackle, he could still be a smash mouth guy at RT.

Plus, they kept him over Bender on the PS. So, they do see potential in him. I was a bit surprised Bender didn't find a spot on the PS too.

So how's his development going? Anyone have any info? I would love for this kid to come in and provide better depth than Snyder, IMO. I just hope that Solari and Brown can get him ramped up quickly to provide some needed competition and depth at RT.

Thoughts?
Yeah, Boone and Pashos both seem to be the forgotten men in our O-line discussions. How's Boone developing and can Pashos come back from his injury and be a legitimate competitor at the position? And, would either be an upgrade over Snyder?
I like what I read last year on how nasty of a blocker Boone is. Cant wait to see what he can do for our Offensive line, it hasnt been the same sine Allen and Newberry. Keep trucken Boone, I'm rooting for you.
I hope he develops...but I still want Singletary to draft best OT on the board...think Bulaga's the best of who'll likely be available. Oher's not at RT only because Crabtree fell to us last draft. Coach won't hesitate to pull the trigger this time. He can still take BPA with the #16 or 17 pick.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I hope he develops...but I still want Singletary to draft best OT on the board...think Bulaga's the best of who'll likely be available. Oher's not at RT only because Crabtree fell to us last draft. Coach won't hesitate to pull the trigger this time. He can still take BPA with the #16 or 17 pick.

If you take a quick look at some of the rankings of college players on some sights, you can see that Bulaga and Davis are climbing quickly up boards. Bulaga might not even make it to us #13. Wow, things change quickly, huh? I think MadDog mentioned the run on OTs early after the Combine. I think he's spot on.

We may have to take Williams, Campbell or Iupati for RT as Okung, Davis and Bulaga may become top 10 picks with Detroit, Washington, KC, Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo within the top 10. Thank goodness there are two QBs and some very good defensive players that may allow one of those guys to drop.

Maybe Bulaga? Still, I think our future RT will be either Bulaga, Williams, or Iupati.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

If you take a quick look at some of the rankings of college players on some sights, you can see that Bulaga and Davis are climbing quickly up boards. Bulaga might not even make it to us #13. Wow, things change quickly, huh? I think MadDog mentioned the run on OTs early after the Combine. I think he's spot on.

We may have to take Williams, Campbell or Iupati for RT as Okung, Davis and Bulaga may become top 10 picks with Detroit, Washington, KC, Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo within the top 10. Thank goodness there are two QBs and some very good defensive players that may allow one of those guys to drop.

Maybe Bulaga? Still, I think our future RT will be either Bulaga, Williams, or Iupati.

We can get our guy at 13. I know there can be a run on OT's but there are a lot of other players at other positions that are too good not to go before 13.

Hater LOL

how are you going to say he is not roster worthy when we have Snyder starting??????????
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Hater LOL

how are you going to say he is not roster worthy when we have Snyder starting??????????

Looks like I was right. And you just made the point my just look at how bad Snyder is and this dude cant even make roster. What does that tell you about him.
Boone looks like a NFL guard more than a tackle. If he doesn't have quick footwork he won't be able to play in space.

Hater LOL

Looks like I was right. And you just made the point my just look at how bad Snyder is and this dude cant even make roster. What does that tell you about him.

You may have a point, although the O-line coaching wasn't very good. Either way, we will see. I trust Solari's and Brown's judgement better than Forester.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Hater LOL

You may have a point, although the O-line coaching wasn't very good. Either way, we will see. I trust Solari's and Brown's judgement better than Forester.

Position coaches are overrated either a dude can play or he can't. Hopefully this guy has gotten better but its gonna be really hard for him to make the team if we draft a couple of more linemen.
Share 49ersWebzone