LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hklar17:

"Watch me tonight, i'm going to pancake someone!"
Yes, Yes I am rooting for Alex Boone!
There are 2 or 3 backup OL who are doing a good job and I cannot fathom what makes Sims valuable. I guess he is an expert. Ex being a has been and a spurt a drip under pressure. I do not know what basis OL are judged but I think most of us see Sims as not very good as well as having no upside while Boone and Spanos have pretty good skills plus a lot of upside. Frankly, how much worse then Kwame is Boone?
I do not think a couple of extra sacks is going to mean much and we all suspect Sims will have more anyway. It seems to me, a total waste to keep one like Sims and let good talent go. Now if it was a fairly young good vet we pick up then I could see risking Boone but not for Sims. I think we need to take some risks with talented rookies then being old maid types still wearing bloomers and never taking risks. I think we should cut Battle, Roman, possibly Michael Lewis, Aubrayo Franklin, Sims. I think for instance that having Eric Green instead of a marginal Marques Harris or Demetric Evans is more critical and keeping Diyral Briggs. Ahmad Brooks I would think hard upon. I think RJF would by midseason be better then Franklin. Franklin is decent but never will be good.
Besides, we have Sopoaga, Balmer and RJF to play that spot.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Boone and Sheets won't make this team.

I have Boone (and Sims) and Sheets making the 53, at least until Crabtree signs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Boone is terrible, I hope he gets cut.
Originally posted by susweel:

Hater LOL

I don't boo, but in your case I will make the exception...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Bad Call!!!!!!

Yikes thats harsh.
  • whole49yards
  • Info N/A
This kid Boone is a monster and Coach will start taking chances on young talent moreso than Nolan ever did. This team will become the Niners of the the 80"s with respect to taking chances on rookies and giving them playing time. The whole defensive backfeild were rookies.

I think Boone makes the 53 and seeya Sims!

Coach is already calling on talent Nolan left behind and alowwing the talent to mature- see RT Snyder.

Coach wants winner's and he is going to find them and will not look back. I love that mindset. You either proform or he will find someone to take your place.
I think the entire roster, unlike Nolan will be made with proformance first and prefference second.
It's a position of need and the guy has a lot of upside. I hope he makes it.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Hater LOL

Your right I am a hater of crappy players.

Hater LOL

Yes because all UDFA rookies must come in and immediately look like pro bowlers to be any good in the NFL, get a clue.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Looks pretty good in the running game, not so good in the passing game. I can't see him getting Sims spot. With that said, I hope they take a flyer on him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Hater LOL

Yes because all UDFA rookies must come in and immediately look like pro bowlers to be any good in the NFL, get a clue.

To make the team they should look some what decent. These dude is practice squad material at best. No way he should make the roster.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Hater LOL

To make the team they should look some what decent. These dude is practice squad material at best. No way he should make the roster.

I never said he should make the roster and I would be perfectly happy with him being on the PS this year. From the way you put it, seems like you think we should just give him cab fare and tell him to get the f**k out and never come back.
Share 49ersWebzone