There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Originally posted by smashmouth51:
On KNBR Rod Brooks was making excuses for the O-Line. He said that they are working on their Seattle game plan in practice and don't give a crap about the preseason games. So how come the other O-lines are prepping too but they go out and make an above average showing?

Yeah that's total BS. If they "didn't care" then why would Staley be so visibly pissed. There is something seriously wrong with the OL.

Joe Staley may be the most gregarious, loose, fun-loving guy on the 49ers. (Anthony Dixongives him a run for his money). Walk into the locker room on any given day, and you're likely to find Staley singing a Billy Joel song at the top of his lungs and urging his teammates to join in.

Today Staley was in a different mood. His arms were alternately folded tightly across his chest or he was tapping the side of his leg in annoyance. He said he couldn't wait to hit the practice field this afternoon.

"We watched the film this morning and we're very disgusted with what we saw on the offensive line," he said of the offensive line's performance against Houston Saturday. "And our coach challenged us, and we challenged ourselves (to) come out and have a really great week of practice and a really great game. We've got to get going. The season's upon us. We've got to play a lot better than that."

Staley acknowledged that he didn't do much film work on Connor Barwin, his scourge Saturday, but he didn't want that as an excuse. "Just got beat," Staley said. "Got to get better. I got beat. I'm not going to give you any excuses. I played terrible."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/08/staley-the-seasons-upon-us-weve-got-to-play-a-lot-better.html#ixzz1WSima5g7
IMHO both Alex Boone and Daniel Kilgore are looking like the most natural WCO-linemen on our line since the beginning of TC, and I hope to see both worked in as starters by the end of the year.

Harbaugh shouldn't have to start Staley, Davis, or Rachal at their con-current positions (nor start Davis or Rachal at all) based on 'draft-entitlement'/veteran 'pull', because neither were picked out of Harbaugh's control/scheme (and we all know A.Davis was a Sing pick; Baalke was running off of Scotty McDrunk's draft board).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
On KNBR Rod Brooks was making excuses for the O-Line. He said that they are working on their Seattle game plan in practice and don't give a crap about the preseason games. So how come the other O-lines are prepping too but they go out and make an above average showing?

Yeah that's total BS. If they "didn't care" then why would Staley be so visibly pissed. There is something seriously wrong with the OL.

Joe Staley may be the most gregarious, loose, fun-loving guy on the 49ers. (Anthony Dixongives him a run for his money). Walk into the locker room on any given day, and you're likely to find Staley singing a Billy Joel song at the top of his lungs and urging his teammates to join in.

Today Staley was in a different mood. His arms were alternately folded tightly across his chest or he was tapping the side of his leg in annoyance. He said he couldn't wait to hit the practice field this afternoon.

"We watched the film this morning and we're very disgusted with what we saw on the offensive line," he said of the offensive line's performance against Houston Saturday. "And our coach challenged us, and we challenged ourselves (to) come out and have a really great week of practice and a really great game. We've got to get going. The season's upon us. We've got to play a lot better than that."

Staley acknowledged that he didn't do much film work on Connor Barwin, his scourge Saturday, but he didn't want that as an excuse. "Just got beat," Staley said. "Got to get better. I got beat. I'm not going to give you any excuses. I played terrible."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/08/staley-the-seasons-upon-us-weve-got-to-play-a-lot-better.html#ixzz1WSima5g7

could be because they cant handle a 1 on 1 match, they are getting beat more then they should be
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
IMHO both Alex Boone and Daniel Kilgore are looking like the most natural WCO-linemen on our line since the beginning of TC, and I hope to see both worked in as starters by the end of the year.

Harbaugh shouldn't have to start Staley, Davis, or Rachal at their con-current positions (nor start Davis or Rachal at all) based on 'draft-entitlement'/veteran 'pull', because neither were picked out of Harbaugh's control/scheme (and we all know A.Davis was a Sing pick; Baalke was running off of Scotty McDrunk's draft board).

To be fair, Boone did not look much better against the Texans either. Davis, believe it or not, looked okay. Rachal - garbage. Kilgore has been very good against everyone he's faced from what I can tell so far.

As far as the regular season goes. We're going to have to have the RB's chipping defenders if they're going out in the flats, because we need all the help we can get. 2-RB sets are going to seem to be almost required -- at least as of now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

To be fair, Boone did not look much better against the Texans either. Davis, believe it or not, looked okay. Rachal - garbage. Kilgore has been very good against everyone he's faced from what I can tell so far.

As far as the regular season goes. We're going to have to have the RB's chipping defenders if they're going out in the flats, because we need all the help we can get. 2-RB sets are going to seem to be almost required -- at least as of now.

a big reason we need Gore back
do 49ers go with more shotgun formations to give the qb a chance?
Originally posted by hofer36:

only if singletary comes back.

I think (and i'm hoping) that we will look much better on opening day, than we have in the preseason. I'm hoping a lot of these terrible issues and mistakes are gone.

But it is the seahawks, they seem to get lucky against us for some reason.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/08/inside-the-49ers/tony-wragge-were-looking-at-the-guy-in-the-mirror-every-day/
Originally posted by hofer36:

Shotgun formations didn't help that game.

the 6 yr 40 plus million indicates staley will be starting
Good news: Goodwin is now officially the top C on the depth chart:

Quote:

SANTA CLARA -- Veteran center Jonathan Goodwin has moved ahead of Adam Snyder on the 49ers' depth chart.

... in an official team release in advance of the 49ers' exhibition finale Thursday at San Diego, Goodwin has overtaken Snyder to be listed as the team's starting center. Goodwin and Snyder shared time with the first-team offense in the first three exhibition games.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers.html?full_args=08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers&blockID=556500&feedID=5936

Quote:

SANTA CLARA -- Veteran center Jonathan Goodwin has moved ahead of Adam Snyder on the 49ers' depth chart.

... in an official team release in advance of the 49ers' exhibition finale Thursday at San Diego, Goodwin has overtaken Snyder to be listed as the team's starting center. Goodwin and Snyder shared time with the first-team offense in the first three exhibition games.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers.html?full_args=08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers&blockID=556500&feedID=5936

THANK YOU BASED GOD
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Quote:

THANK YOU BASED GOD

Quick! Move Snyder to RG!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Quote:

THANK YOU BASED GOD

Quick! Move Snyder to RG and Boone to RT!

Fixed
Snyder or Kilgore at RG. No Rachal, please.