LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Good news: Goodwin is now officially the top C on the depth chart:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers.html?full_args=08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers&blockID=556500&feedID=5936

GOOD NEWS..THANK YOU BASED GOD
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Snyder is worse than Rachal. Those with short memories . . .

What are you talking about? Snyder was not great at RT....but he was the best RG we had last season.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Snyder is worse than Rachal. Those with short memories . . .

What are you talking about? Snyder was not great at RT....but he was the best RG we had last season.
Not great? He was absolutely the worst lineman in all of football at RT and RG for three years. And worse by nearly another 50% based on QB pressures and sacks. That's what I'm talking about.
Not great? He was absolutely the worst lineman in all of football at RT and RG for three years. And worse by nearly another 50% based on QB pressures and sacks. That's what I'm talking about.

Again, he was our best RG last season. RT is where he was lacking...and even there he was better than Kwame. I'm sure you can find the run averages and QB averages when the line had Snyder in last season vs Rachal.

Baas was the one that sucked at guard. Amazingly he did well at center.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]

Again, he was our best RG last season. RT is where he was lacking...and even there he was better than Kwame. I'm sure you can find the run averages and QB averages when the line had Snyder in last season vs Rachal.

This is your assertion. Back it up.

he RG for saints game thats when our o line played best

he is our best RG just watch the film last year

i do agree however he was a horrible RT but RG he i very good

I wouldn't know how to go about backing that up with evidence, but they are correct. When Snyder came in to play RG, he played that spot better than any other last season.
Snyder or Kilgore at RG. No Rachal, please.

Funny, I forget who, but some beat writer mentioned that Rachal was the best at pass protecting on Saturday. Man, it's that bad.

And Hey, who changed my title of MY thread, damn it? I know it was you Kid...I know you're lurking behind the keystrokes, man.
[ Edited by ninertico on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Funny, I forget who, but some beat writer mentioned that Rachal was the best at pass protecting on Saturday. Man, it's that bad.

Believe it or not, so far in THIS pre-season and THIS pre-season only? Rachal has been our best OL.

( not joking )
Originally posted by dmax:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers.html?full_args=08/30/11/49ers-notes-Goodwin-atop-depth-chart-at-/l_49ers&blockID=556500&feedID=5936

It was so effing obvious this had to happen, Snyder was getting thrown back on every single snap last Saturday.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Believe it or not, so far in THIS pre-season and THIS pre-season only? Rachal has been our best OL.

( not joking )

Wow! I have read those posts and articles. Amazing, huh?

Still, I don't know why or even how this OL is failing to progress. Instead, both Staley and Iupati have regressed while AD still whiffs. And this was supposed to be a stronger OL. Maybe too much learning curve coupled with new players at positions. Again though, the one on one match ups tell a huge story of lack of technique, doubt and deflated psyche. I have seen Staley punch and retaliate one on one before. I just have not seen it...yet.

I also expected, my man Iupati, to be much better. I have to be patient...which I am, but I don't have to like it. I wanna be just like Sus!!!!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by ninertico:

( not joking )
I have a feeling when we run the real offense in a game, there will be more thinking to do and Rachal's performance won't be as strong.

I believe I replied to your unsupported assertion.

Or in other words, you first.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM ]

Goodwin hasn't been great, but this had to happen. Snyder's value is as an interior backup. I'm glad he got lots of practice snaps at C, but we need to get that line to gel fast, and Goodwin has to be the starter, just because of his experience.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Goodwin hasn't been great, but this had to happen. Snyder's value is as an interior backup. I'm glad he got lots of practice snaps at C, but we need to get that line to gel fast, and Goodwin has to be the starter, just because of his experience.

It also allows for more competition at RG...
Share 49ersWebzone