There are 205 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Xestenz:

Good news is looks like excellent sightlines from every section.

Thats the point.

Good sightlines and a showcase, innovative stadium in which we can be proud and invested for the next decade are not mutually exclusive.

Why isn't it a showcase...because it doesn't look like a space age egg? I think you're COMPLETELY missing the point. This will be a state of the art facility...it just won't look like something Apple would build.

lol...its like the PC vs Apple argument for me. ;-)

I never said it had to be a space age egg or giant snowplow. I would just like to see a bit more than an open air standard coliseum with a Marriott hotel of luxury suites planted closely on one side.

And it does mean something. It is not a coincidence that the Seahawks latest run coincides with Quest field opening in 2002. I lived in Seattle and the look, feel and quality of the stadium there contributed to the level of fan investment in the team. There was ownership there, and the net result was a very loud stadium that makes life hell on opposing teams.

So it isn't just a matter of aesthetics -- it directly represents our connectedness and identification with our team. This bland stadium creates no vision or passion in and of itself IMO and that is undefendable.
*lol* at some of the responses of this thread.

Things to remember:

1) The 49ers (or the Yorks, in general) will not fully pay for this stadium, the PEOPLE OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY will have to take on a good chunk of it. This basically means that all the other "extra" had to be toned down to make sure the money is well spent.

2) The cost of building this stadium will be high because of the local market we live in. California, in general, has higher cost of living vs. Arizona, Texas, etc. that anything built here will cost twice as much (if not more) than in other areas.

3) The stadium might look like a college stadium, and I agree, but the one thing that stands out is the view of the field from all angle/place. It'll make watching the team bearable, even at the nosebleed section. Well, minus the actual way they play.

And getting back to point #1, if you guys are totally against the way the stadium look, seriously consider the MONEY being spent and see if you guys can come up with an alternative or better yet, the MONEY itself.

As much as I want the team to stay in San Francisco, it does make more business sense for them to go to Santa Clara.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
The stadium looks hella bootleg. Like someone created it in Madden franchise mode. It's bad enough the stadium is in Santa Clara but it is the Walgreens brand stadium. Pretty WEAK

Sigh....I give up.

Go and buy yourself an iMac while your at it.

It doesn't matter, you're not going to change anyone's opinion. It's not worth even trying.

Almost 3000 posts and you've never tried to change someone's opinion?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The stadium looks hella bootleg. Like someone created it in Madden franchise mode. It's bad enough the stadium is in Santa Clara but it is the Walgreens brand stadium. Pretty WEAK

Sigh....I give up.

It doesn't matter, you're not going to change anyone's opinion. It's not worth even trying.

lol exactly. The design sucks bottom line.

Sigh....I give up.

already got one and its way better than a weak ass pc. No viruses no pop ups.

WOW. OK...no point in even arguing.

We're from different worlds.
I personally love the simplicity. Great views from every angle.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Sigh....I give up.

lol exactly. The design sucks bottom line.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on May 29, 2009 at 12:13:29 ]
I'm actually not too enamored with the futuristic UFO stadiums being built these days. I think they look pretentious, arrogant, and kind of ridiculous....not to mention the fact that they are tremendously overpriced.

That being said, I'm not wild about the drawings I'm seeing of the proposed Niner stadium either. Personally, I'm a big fan of the brick and steel baseball stadiums like Pac Bell Park (now AT&T)...

I live in Seattle now and the Seahawks stadium is unique, beautiful, fits into the NW environment, and is an absolute terror for opposing teams because of the noise created in the bowl. I also like the Ravens' stadium quite a bit. The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field is also a classic that this team could draw from.

I think we here in the Zone should push for a bit more interesting design for the Niners stadium since it is in the Bay Area...a hotbed of innovation and design.

One last point.....I know this will not be a popular opinion in the Zone but I would actually welcome the Raiders to the new stadium if they were willing to put some serious money into it. That would benefit both teams since the extra money would result in a really unique design that would fit the area's sensibilities. Building two stadiums in this area seems impractical given the environment and expense. Finally, the Jets and Giants recently collaborated and that seemed to work well for both teams. I think that the Niners would be better off if they teamed up with the Raiders.

Cheers!
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
I personally love the simplicity. Great views from every angle.

I agree.

I'm looking at all the sign stuff in the PDF file I linked to and I like the way you cross a big bridge from the main parking area and then arrive at one of the main gates. They have 4 staircases and 4 escalators just to take you up to the main concourse. The main Concourse is above the field and you can SEE THE FIELD as you walk around the stadium looking for your seat.

I LOVE the simplicity of it. people say it looks like a college stadium and THATS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT!!

A point on something another poster said...

If the Niners build the Dallas Cowboys stadium in the Bay Area....first off its ipossible because there isn't a plot of land like that and second it would cost TWO Billion Dollars.

IE...it would never happen.

What the Niners are doing is building the best stadium they can in todays harsh financial and political climate in an area NOTORIOUS for turning down sports teams on just about everything.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 29, 2009 at 12:17:23 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Even though the design sucks, I just hope it gets built some day. The have been talking about this thing forever.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
[

Overall it seems fine to me. Like it's already been mentioned, I think every seat looks like a good seat as far as being able to watch the game and see everything.

I only have one question...

In the bottom picture, why is the stadium open on the right side?

It seems like it seating should go all the way around to the press boxes and also the upper level (yellow seats) should go all the way to the scoreboard.

I'm just thinking it should have as much seating capacity as possible for playoff games.

Also, the only other thing I would like to see is, the Jumbo tron double is size.

I'm sure these are just rough pics, but when you go to Arrowhead or Dallas (the old stadium) it sucks trying to see replays on the screen.

Both places have the smallest screens and you can never see the actual play.

Overall, I would be happy as hell with this stadium and I would just hope they jazz it up as much as possible with lighting and audio to make for a great game day experience.
Well as far as I know everything your seeing drawing wise are preliminary plans.. And having been an Architectural AutoCAD Drafter since 1997, I can tell you that the final plans on the stadium won't look exactly like what your seeing now.. And the differences can vary in how different it winds up being.. It could wind up not being much different or it could change a lot.. Trust me, projects this big never look like what was shown of preliminary sets of plans and drawings.. So relax..

To me, the most important feature should be line of sight from all seats, and I would love to see the design include a way to contain the crowd noise in the stadium, much like Seattle does with theirs... That would be sweet..

Oh and a new rule along with the stadium calling it a crime to sell your tickets to opposing teams fans!!!!

[ Edited by Eduardo75 on May 29, 2009 at 12:28:13 ]
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

Totally agree - could be the Vols or the Spartans running out onto the field.

Cue the horse! Fire the cannon! Where is that damn rabbit mascot anyway????

Good news is looks like excellent sightlines from every section.

Thats the point.

the upper green seats look far away as you go up. I don't like what I see. LB looks okay.
Also...

FWIW, that Jets Stadium in that last picture (I think someone said it was the NYJ new stadium), is about as UGLY of a stadium that I've ever seen.

They can keep that crap all they want, that thing is BEYOND ugly!!!
Originally posted by 49123:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
[

Overall it seems fine to me. Like it's already been mentioned, I think every seat looks like a good seat as far as being able to watch the game and see everything.

I only have one question...

In the bottom picture, why is the stadium open on the right side?

It seems like it seating should go all the way around to the press boxes and also the upper level (yellow seats) should go all the way to the scoreboard.

I'm just thinking it should have as much seating capacity as possible for playoff games.

Also, the only other thing I would like to see is, the Jumbo tron double is size.

I'm sure these are just rough pics, but when you go to Arrowhead or Dallas (the old stadium) it sucks trying to see replays on the screen.

Both places have the smallest screens and you can never see the actual play.

Overall, I would be happy as hell with this stadium and I would just hope they jazz it up as much as possible with lighting and audio to make for a great game day experience.
There is actually an opening like that on both sides of the stadium. Its the entrance to the main concourse.

The stadium will still seat 68,500 people and expand to 75,000.

As for the Jumbotron, there are actually two of them...one on either side of the stadium. I also think they are bigger than you think. ;-)
Share 49ersWebzone