LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

Totally agree - could be the Vols or the Spartans running out onto the field.

Cue the horse! Fire the cannon! Where is that damn rabbit mascot anyway????

Good news is looks like excellent sightlines from every section.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

The problem is that those are all built in CHEAP areas. SC ain't cheap.

We may not be able to get the 8th wonder of the world, but it will still be 100 times better than the 'Stick.

I love the 'Stick, but its time has come.

EDIT: oops...except that last one...lol....but they are BOTH using it.

And BTW...that Jets stadium is ugly as Hell...lol.

It looks like a tractor.

Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

Totally agree - could be the Vols or the Spartans running out onto the field.

Cue the horse! Fire the cannon! Where is that damn rabbit mascot anyway????

Thats the point.
You guys musn't forget that the new Stadium is designed to take advantage of the sunny weather. There is no need for an outer space, UFO-looking, domed stadium because Santa Clara does not have horrible weather.
I don't get you guys, why does it need a dome, a crazy futuristic entrance? If you're going to the game then shouldn't being able to see the field well be important? Sounds like some of you are going to go and be depressed the entire game because you're not sitting in a cooler stadium. Will a 40 foot tall Coke bottle next to the scoreboard make you guys feel better?
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't get you guys, why does it need a dome, a crazy futuristic entrance? If you're going to the game then shouldn't being able to see the field well be important? Sounds like some of you are going to go and be depressed the entire game because you're not sitting in a cooler stadium. Will a 40 foot tall Coke bottle next to the scoreboard make you guys feel better?

Yes..

Thats the point.
Good sightlines and a showcase, innovative stadium in which we can be proud and invested for the next decade are not mutually exclusive.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Yes..

lol.

The other thing to temember is that these are only renderings. I'm sure from ground level when you see the HUGE pics of Dwight clark making the catch (bottom left of first pic) and the statues of Bill Walsh the experience will be entirely different.
The stadium looks hella bootleg. Like someone created it in Madden franchise mode. It's bad enough the stadium is in Santa Clara but it is the Walgreens brand stadium. Pretty WEAK
Originally posted by Xestenz:

Thats the point.

Good sightlines and a showcase, innovative stadium in which we can be proud and invested for the next decade are not mutually exclusive.

Why isn't it a showcase...because it doesn't look like a space age egg? I think you're COMPLETELY missing the point. This will be a state of the art facility...it just won't look like something Apple would build.

lol...its like the PC vs Apple argument for me. ;-)

49ers Stadium Proposal with the City of Santa Clara
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
The stadium looks hella bootleg. Like someone created it in Madden franchise mode. It's bad enough the stadium is in Santa Clara but it is the Walgreens brand stadium. Pretty WEAK

Sigh....I give up.

Go and buy yourself an iMac while your at it.
All the details you could ever want about the design of the new Santa Clara Stadium...

It looks like they actually moved the site tho. It was supposed to be on the other side of that creek (the treeline in the lower left of the first pic). They moved it right next to the existing 49ers Facility....4949 Centennial. It now looks like one big complex.

I know there are alot of people who don't like it because it kinda bland, but I personally like it. It reminds me of Lincoln Financial in Philli.

Below is the presentation to the city.

http://santaclaraca.gov/pdf/collateral/49ers-20080813-Project-Description.pdf

I really hope they put a little more style into the stadium than this. It looks like an oversized no-name college stadium.

Sigh....I give up.

already got one and its way better than a weak ass pc. No viruses no pop ups.

Sigh....I give up.

It doesn't matter, you're not going to change anyone's opinion. It's not worth even trying.
Share 49ersWebzone