LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
is the field gonna be lower than ground level ?

Well, "ground level" isn't static. The north side of the sadium is actually higher than the south east corner...so the field is below the street on the north side but equal on the south side.

Kinda hard to explain.

Sorry, I'm gonna have to ask you to elaborate on that one, Marv. The field obviously has to be level, so what do you mean?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Well, "ground level" isn't static. The north side of the sadium is actually higher than the south east corner...so the field is below the street on the north side but equal on the south side.

Kinda hard to explain.

Sorry, I'm gonna have to ask you to elaborate on that one, Marv. The field obviously has to be level, so what do you mean?

I believe he's saying the entire foundation of the stadium sits on a gradient but the field will be made perfectly level, resulting in different heights of the interior portions.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Kinda hard to explain.

I believe he's saying the entire foundation of the stadium sits on a gradient but the field will be made perfectly level, resulting in different heights of the interior portions.

And um, why is that?
Originally posted by Muggins:
New Stadium Aerial Photo Gallery

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/11/09/new-stadium-aerial-photo-gallery/

That is amazing.

I love how they got tired of dealing with Newsom's b******t and basically just said, "f**k it. We'll build it in the parking lot."
They could at least have found some red and gold tarps!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pretty pictures.
Looks like they have a good start on the frame for one of big end zone scoreboards. Also, started on another part of the top layer and looks like they are half done with the last layer of the luxury boxes. They also added another hunk of seating. Looks a little plain now with all the white colored steel beams but can't wait to see it all spruced up with banners and maybe they will add a few big led screens to the outside. To me instead of the banners it should be a bunch of led screens that show highlights or can show pictures of players and rotate. I'm sure it will look a lot better when they finish but I think they were going more for technology and are more concerned with the guts of it than what is on the outside.

Side note: Looks like the SC parking garage is almost done. Does anyone know if they will have a bridge over the road for people to walk from the parking garage to the stadium? Doubt they would want people crossing a couple lanes of busy traffic and the train tracks. There will probably be another one over the water flow way as well as the one now is meant for tv trucks and delivery trucks.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They got to move around that streaming camera to capture some live action.
Originally posted by mayo49:

You mean the 49ers HQ one? Those don't show anything but a wall of a stadium. You have to click the Hyatt and Great American cameras to get better angles. I wish they would have made one of them live since the 9ers hq one shows nothing since the stadium frame went up.
they should've had a 360° rotating camera from the 50-yd point from the beginning....

edit: wrong thread
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

You mean the 49ers HQ one? Those don't show anything but a wall of a stadium. You have to click the Hyatt and Great American cameras to get better angles. I wish they would have made one of them live since the 9ers hq one shows nothing since the stadium frame went up.

Yeah, but all the Hyatt/Great America angles are old pictures. I want something that is current and not a couple of days old.
Yeah, but all the Hyatt/Great America angles are old pictures. I want something that is current and not a couple of days old.

If you go to the Great america one there is only one angle and you can scroll down and click the 13th which will show you what it looked like today. The Hyatt one there is a Panorama version which you can move side to side but yeah that is a few days old like you said. However, if you look to the right there is a View 1 and a View 2 that both let you click the 13 which was today. View 2 you can see a lot more, you can't scroll left to right on either though.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

If you go to the Great america one there is only one angle and you can scroll down and click the 13th which will show you what it looked like today. The Hyatt one there is a Panorama version which you can move side to side but yeah that is a few days old like you said. However, if you look to the right there is a View 1 and a View 2 that both let you click the 13 which was today. View 2 you can see a lot more, you can't scroll left to right on either though.

Thanks for that tip. I never clicked on the dates feature. I love the additional pics.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marsh:
im confused

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone