LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 327 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

^ yup. got that pic from the 49ers.com messageboard...you can really see the sheer scale of the stadium compare to the surrounding area....having enough parking spots are still iffy for me tho, especially in sept-oct when GA is still open on sundays

That's why I'm taking Light Rail. ;-)

Not much to look at from aerial view. A nice new stadium would have looked real nice by the water in SF. But Im just happy we dont have to play in the dump much longer.
Originally posted by susweel:

^ yup. got that pic from the 49ers.com messageboard...you can really see the sheer scale of the stadium compare to the surrounding area....having enough parking spots are still iffy for me tho, especially in sept-oct when GA is still open on sundays

Not much to look at from aerial view. A nice new stadium would have looked real nice by the water in SF. But Im just happy we dont have to play in the dump much longer.

Yeah, the views over the water (in particular if it had been built at the Naval Shipyard) would have been incredible. They would have had only one plaza as well and one end of the stadium would have been open to see downtown. (Pictures below)

It just wasn't possible. If the 49ers could have put it out by the water and stayed in SF, they would have. No freeway access, nothing around the stadium, no public transit, Toxic Waste site....and of course the City of SF unwilling to help.

It also wouldn't be anywhere near as good at hosting Super Bowls. The games would be fine, but the two weeks leading up....SC has Great America, the Golf Course, the Convention Center, 3 or 4 hotels nearby....all within walking distance. It just makes more sense.

The below would have been beautiful tho...no question.

EDIT: Also, look right next to the stadium in the second pic...thats a 49ers practice facility. If the stadium had been in SF, then the 49er HQ would have moved as well. It looks like having the HQ and stadium right next to each other was their plan all along, wherever the stadium was built.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
oh yah for sure Marvin you are 100% right.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers stadium update. Scheduled to open for 2014 season. @ 49ers Stadium Site - Santa Clara

http://instagram.com/p/RqJKTGPtK1/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Keep the pics coming, Dr_Bill.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Yeah, the views over the water (in particular if it had been built at the Naval Shipyard) would have been incredible. They would have had only one plaza as well and one end of the stadium would have been open to see downtown. (Pictures below)

It just wasn't possible. If the 49ers could have put it out by the water and stayed in SF, they would have. No freeway access, nothing around the stadium, no public transit, Toxic Waste site....and of course the City of SF unwilling to help.

It also wouldn't be anywhere near as good at hosting Super Bowls. The games would be fine, but the two weeks leading up....SC has Great America, the Golf Course, the Convention Center, 3 or 4 hotels nearby....all within walking distance. It just makes more sense.

The below would have been beautiful tho...no question.

EDIT: Also, look right next to the stadium in the second pic...thats a 49ers practice facility. If the stadium had been in SF, then the 49er HQ would have moved as well. It looks like having the HQ and stadium right next to each other was their plan all along, wherever the stadium was built.

That actually looks pretty sick. Screw the city of San Francisco for not getting this done or helping out.
So I just drove by the stadium site a few minutes ago and discovered something new...

They are putting up the supports on both sides for the scoreboards. ;-) I had to check the website to be sure, and sure enough....

I'm assuming it would be some time before they actually put up the screens...but wow, they are really building this thing FAST.
They are moving HELLA FAST with this.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

i think its really going to happen
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49

11/5/12 New 49ers stadium update video. http://viddy.it/VP6kFC

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

i think its really going to happen

NOW TAKING BETS--- Which new stadium will get done first:

NEW 49ERS STADIUM
Broke ground: April 19, 2012
Contractor: Turner/Devcon/Clark Pacific
Capacity: 68,500-75,000
Estimated cost: $1.2 billion
Estimated opening: Summer 2014

vs.

NEW EARTHQUAKES STADIUM
Broke ground: October 21, 2012
Contractor: Devcon
Capacity: 18,000+
Estimated cost: $67 million
Estimated opening: Spring? 2014
The quakes...looks like its just a few tarps
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The quakes...looks like its just a few tarps

dat lew wolff is cheap lol
Originally posted by Jcool:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49

11/5/12 New 49ers stadium update video. http://viddy.it/VP6kFC

Nice video. They are moving along so fast on this thing. Can't wait until it is done!
67 million for soccer stadium...lmao
Share 49ersWebzone