There are 149 users in the forums

Jonas Jennings @ RT in 09'???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
During an interview on the Razor and Mr. T - Kevin Lynch stated that, according to Scott McCloughan, Jonas Jennings is still on the 49er's roster and he plans on keeping it that way... which is why they have not been searching for a starting RT for next year.

Due to his injury problems however, they are planning on restructuring his contract - most likely to make it much more incentivized. While I didnt truly feel that he would be on the 9er's roster next, I did state several times on the zone that I felt renegotiating his contract would be much more prudent move given his talent level compared to those on the market right now.

So once again Webzone... I told ya so!!!
Originally posted by abowers1984:
During an interview on the Razor and Mr. T - Kevin Lynch stated that, according to Scott McCloughan, Jonas Jennings is still on the 49er's roster and he plans on keeping it that way... which is why they have not been searching for a starting RT for next year.

Due to his injury problems however, they are planning on restructuring his contract - most likely to make it much more incentivized. While I didnt truly feel that he would be on the 9er's roster next, I did state several times on the zone that I felt renegotiating his contract would be much more prudent move given his talent level compared to those on the market right now.

So once again Webzone... I told ya so!!!

WHAT IS THAT suppose to mean? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to post this. JJ is staying on the team.
JJ is solid when he's healthy, probably one of the leading tackles. But, he never stays healthy!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
JJ is solid when he's healthy, probably one of the leading tackles. But, he never stays healthy!

Yup!

Thats the thing about Jonas, he is pretty damn good.... when he is healthy!

The problem is that he always goes on IR with a bruised vagina.
Nevermind, he'll hurt his pinky on the first day of camp, what was I thinking even considering the fact that Jennings could stay healthy...

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Mar 5, 2009 at 06:37:31 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's still recovering from an injury. Since I don't think it matters to cut him by a certain date, the best step for both parties is to cut him AFTER he gets healthy.
That sucks, I was hoping that lump of crap would finally get released, guess I will have to wait until next year. The bad part is, we probably won't be looking as hard in the draft for a tackle and it will take another year to find one.

I never liked that fat slob, but he totally lost my respect when he tried to make Ronnie Lott sound dumb or that he was senile, when Lott called him out for being a puss.

[ Edited by philmo on Mar 4, 2009 at 21:39:52 ]
I say restructure it and draft an OT in the second to back up Jennings WHEN he gets hurt, then his replacement could start in a year or two. Then we could focus on WR or QB with that first pick..
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Drumming up some trade value maybe?

Whats up with Jonas Jennings is he gonna stay on or what? I wouldnt mind him staying, this might be the year he stays healthy and he beasts it up. What you guys think?
"It might be the year..."

Been hearing that for years.
He'll be cut, 9ers are waiting on his shoulder to heal.
Look up "injury settlement".
I do like him much more at RT than I do at LT. If he restructured his contract down to a low base level with incentives for games played.. then I would agree with it.
Share 49ersWebzone