LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Jonas Jennings @ RT in 09'???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess the question is who's out there instead of Jennings?
Perhaps this is all talk to convince Al Davis to trade for him? Hmmm...how about JJ for Lelie?
I have posted nearly this exact same post for the third year in a row now, and so here it goes.

Jennings is a total and complete liability to our Oline. He holds NO VALUE whats so ever. Sure he plays well when healthy, however the disruption to the continuity of our line when he does go down, and he will, by far outweighs any benefit provided when playing while healthy. Also, he is seen as one of the team leaders in the locker room. Do we really want our linemen following Glass Jennings lead?

The oline more then any other unit feeds off of familiarity, consistency and cohesiveness. When there is constant turmoil in your lineup, consistency, continuity, and cohesivness are thrown out the window. When we have Snyder playing 3 positions in 5 weeks because of the disruption JJ going down causes, any positives from the 3 games he actually played are null.

Having to account for JJ going on IR at some time during the season affects the entire offseason for the entire line. We either practice and strategize for his eventual replacement, which doesn't allow his eventual backup to simply play in his stead at the position, or we don't and as a result suffer for having not when he does eventually hit the IR negating any consistency or cohesion.

JJ is a waste of time, resources, money, and a roster spot. Him remaining with the team is further prrof of Scotties inability to perform his duties properly. Further proof he needs to go.

[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 5, 2009 at 07:15:26 ]
I don’t see what people are all that worried about. If his contract is incentive laden and he is getting paid by the game, do you really think that a lot of these minor injuries will keep him from playing? I think that this makes a lot of sense and kudos to McCloughan if he is able to pull this one off.
The way that I see it, if JJ is cut, there are cap ramifications. If his contract is restructured, these ramifications are less. If he is getting paid by performance (games actually played), JJ will have something more then self respect to play for and when he plays he is one of the best in the game.
I agree that we should draft an OT on the first day (2-3 round can land you a good RT and will not cost as much at #10pick (#10 is awful high for a RT IMO) and groom him to eventually take over for JJ. I think it is a good idea if he can pull it off and get JJ to agree. If JJ does not agree, cut him.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
This team WILL NOT be playing in January.

BOOK IT.

Where can I get one of those crystal balls. The same could be said for the Cardinals last year.
I'd rather have #77 back then Mr. Glass at least hes durable
(((((((((FALSE START)))))))))))
  • arniegalifa
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ezrider:
Jonas Jennings is one of the best tackles in the NFL. Finally, his chronic shoulder has been fixed. Some people are just snake-bit and let's hope his run of bad luck is over. For those who don't remember, when he and Larry Allen were playing side by side, they were dominating. A healthy Jennings playing alongside Rachal is a nice prospect to face.

Mary Tyler Moore could play tackle next to Larry Allen and we would have a strong running game. LARRY ALLEN, not JJ, was the key to that success!
why did mcclueless waste a 4th rounder on wallace
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
JJ is solid when he's healthy, probably one of the leading tackles. But, he never stays healthy!

Yup!

Thats the thing about Jonas, he is pretty damn good.... when he is healthy!

The problem is that he always goes on IR with a bruised vagina.

i agree 100% great OT with alot of sand in his minge
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He won't make it out of preseason.

• kj11aw
  • Info N/A
mr. glass....i didnt know T-Mac played for us.........
The only thing this tells me is we won't be grabbing a quality free agent tackle this season.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by abowers1984:
During an interview on the Razor and Mr. T - Kevin Lynch stated that, according to Scott McCloughan, Jonas Jennings is still on the 49er's roster and he plans on keeping it that way... which is why they have not been searching for a starting RT for next year.

Due to his injury problems however, they are planning on restructuring his contract - most likely to make it much more incentivized. While I didnt truly feel that he would be on the 9er's roster next, I did state several times on the zone that I felt renegotiating his contract would be much more prudent move given his talent level compared to those on the market right now.

So once again Webzone... I told ya so!!!

i tried to tell em too........i think we should definatly try him at guard so he wont have to play in space as much.....staley chilo heitman jenning andre smith those would be some mauling run blockers and a huge oline with a dominating presence
JJ takes a roster spot. He goes down the first game, again, and they scramble to find a replacement. Some may say bring in someone from the practice squad, but how good is a player on the practice squad? I would much rather find a durable, first rate OT and a very good back up. JJ is just too predictably unpredictable!
Share 49ersWebzone