Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your Breakout Player For 2009

Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by Antix:
I think Lawson.

He was playing like a pro bowler his first two games in 07 before the injury. It takes 2 years to fully recover so in 09 he should beast up.

I still remember that opening game against the Cardinals. Willis and Lawson were flying all over the field and giving what's his face (frat boy QB) one of the worst nights of his life. I also remember how Alex Smith lead us to the late game victory.

I would love to see Lawson playing like that again. It was special.

Yeah..that was all around a great game. The way Smith handled that drive is still what keeps me believing in him. He hit Jackson right in the hands on a bomb earlier in the drive but, of course, it was dropped. I swear Smith can play the game.

Me too. His stats are highly misleading. At least half of Alex's interceptions are the result of catchable passes being mishandled by the receivers.

or him running for his life in his rookie year
In all seriousness, I really think the whole team can breakout next season under some real leadership.
Josh Morgan
Jason Hill
VD
Lawson, will all have their best years statistically. Harrelson to if we don't draft a first rounder to replace him.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
I think Lawson.

He was playing like a pro bowler his first two games in 07 before the injury. It takes 2 years to fully recover so in 09 he should beast up.

I still remember that opening game against the Cardinals. Willis and Lawson were flying all over the field and giving what's his face (frat boy QB) one of the worst nights of his life. I also remember how Alex Smith lead us to the late game victory.

Yeah..that was all around a great game. The way Smith handled that drive is still what keeps me believing in him. He hit Jackson right in the hands on a bomb earlier in the drive but, of course, it was dropped. I swear Smith can play the game.

Me too. His stats are highly misleading. At least half of Alex's interceptions are the result of catchable passes being mishandled by the receivers.

or him running for his life in his rookie year

is there a clip of that last minute drive???? i would love to see it again, i remember jumping and going crazy every time we made a play and when we scored yelling out crazily ITS A NEW YR meaning this is a new team and its our div to lose. boy was i wrong
I'm goin with Warner.. I think hes goin to blossom in this offense and lead us to our first NFC West division title in years.
VD
Lawson
i pray to god its Balmer.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i pray to god its Balmer.

He looked pretty good toward then end of last year.
Vernon Davis.
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGbOn3:
both of these guys

• WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A

Click Clack..especially under Grandpa's offense

[ Edited by WillisWillKilYou on Mar 1, 2009 at 20:23:19 ]
I think Lawson.

I completely agree. Alex has the tools, but we just need to build up his confidence again (after Nolan threw him under the bus... ) and bring it all together.
Even though we have players like Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis, I have full confidence in OLB Manny Lawson! Manny is my favorite current 49ers player. As it was mentioned in a previous post, Manny really started to come on strong in '07 (especially the MNF game vs. Arizona) then was struck by his ACL injury. It usually takes about 2 years to come back at full strength. THIS IS MANNY'S YEAR!
Josh Morgan!!!!!
Originally posted by YuNGbOn3:
both of these guys

lol, pondering the playbook. Nice.