LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

Your Breakout Player For 2009

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope our free safety and Haralson.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Josh Morgan, he actually makes me feel more confident that we'll a game when he is on the field. But hes not my choice for breakout player.

I have to go with Jason Hill, having a more balanced attack now with more Gore in the mix and Vernon Davis. I think Jason Hill will find more ways to get open now.
Hopefully it's all of the above.

Of course without Nolan sabotaging their careers.

1: Alex Smith, tossing him to the wolves with a terrible team, trading the only guy on the team who could have helped him, and shoulder-gate.

2: Vernon Davis, holding him in to block on every play.

3: Manny Lawson: Big nickle package that kept him on the bench for much of the time.

4: Frank Gore: Cutting Norris after he and Gore became such a dominating duo.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Hopefully it's all of the above.

Of course without Nolan sabotaging their careers.

1: Alex Smith, tossing him to the wolves with a terrible team, trading the only guy on the team who could have helped him, and shoulder-gate.

2: Vernon Davis, holding him in to block on every play.

3: Manny Lawson: Big nickle package that kept him on the bench for much of the time.

4: Frank Gore: Cutting Norris after he and Gore became such a dominating duo.

I remember defending Vernon from the majority of the board after every game last year. Now it seems that more users than not support him.
Jason Hill will post better stats than Josh Morgan, book it!
With Raye running the offense, the safe pick would be Vernon Davis.

But, I can imagine a scenario where Shaun Hill starts, but since he can't throw long, defenses begin crowding receivers and his production drops off. Smith finally gets in again and makes the long game work. So, I could imagine Alex Smith having a breakout year and that would be great for the franchise.

Alright, begin bashing Alex Smith (and me) in 3, 2, 1....
Hoping for Morgan. We need someone to step up and draw some attention away from the run...until V.D. learns to catch the damn ball...
Originally posted by baldheadnut:
I think Haralson takes another step forward in his progression. Manusky has full control of the D from day one of the upcoming season. And the defense personnel hasn't changed and shouldn't change much and the unit did step up in the 2nd half of the season. So with those factors considered, I think Haralson sack total will increase. Just my opinion

I share the same opinion as you
Nice Post!

I'm hoping for ASmith followed by MLawson,TBrown,PHaralson,Goldson.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think Lawson.

He was playing like a pro bowler his first two games in 07 before the injury. It takes 2 years to fully recover so in 09 he should beast up.

Originally posted by Antix:
I think Lawson.

He was playing like a pro bowler his first two games in 07 before the injury. It takes 2 years to fully recover so in 09 he should beast up.

I still remember that opening game against the Cardinals. Willis and Lawson were flying all over the field and giving what's his face (frat boy QB) one of the worst nights of his life. I also remember how Alex Smith lead us to the late game victory.

I would love to see Lawson playing like that again. It was special.
  • bubbybristerHOF
  • Info N/A
my player has got to be isaac sopaoooga by all means
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
I think Lawson.

I still remember that opening game against the Cardinals. Willis and Lawson were flying all over the field and giving what's his face (frat boy QB) one of the worst nights of his life. I also remember how Alex Smith lead us to the late game victory.

Yeah..that was all around a great game. The way Smith handled that drive is still what keeps me believing in him. He hit Jackson right in the hands on a bomb earlier in the drive but, of course, it was dropped. I swear Smith can play the game.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
I think Lawson.

Yeah..that was all around a great game. The way Smith handled that drive is still what keeps me believing in him. He hit Jackson right in the hands on a bomb earlier in the drive but, of course, it was dropped. I swear Smith can play the game.

Me too. His stats are highly misleading. At least half of Alex's interceptions are the result of catchable passes being mishandled by the receivers.
both of these guys

Share 49ersWebzone